Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Views if we win 3 games in a row now?

If we were to win 9 points from our next 3 games and reached 3rd spot with 3 points off the top, would views of Adams change? Would we be saying the team and he has learnt something? That the team were building a credible momentum.....and that he may be the best for the job after all? It''s maybe unlikely given our current problems but also its a possibility.

I would be delighted if we win the next three.Would it convince me that Neil will get us promoted?Nah.

If we win 3 in a row I''ll be over the moon for Neil, the players and us fans [:)]

It''s a very unpredictable league this year where anyone can beat anyone.

The above scenario is entirely feasible and will put us back on track for automatic promotion.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]It''s a very unpredictable league this year where anyone can beat anyone.

The above scenario is entirely feasible and will put us back on track for automatic promotion.[/quote]

This is true.  The next two or three games are very important for Adams in particular.   Win the two home games and at least draw the away game and everyone will be a lot happier.  Lose or perform badly and he could be gone.

It really is not as simple as if we win the next three - even if that would seem to mark a watershed in form.

But in the unlikely event that it happens I will give it due consideration then

It would be nice to return us to an above Ipswich position but, much like the post-West Ham Hughton result, do I think Adams would ultimately lead us to promotion, no. So change now for a better longterm outcome. I still think we should try and attract Pulis but acknowledge he is looking for, and likely to get, a bigger club.

I think we have already lost as many games as Leicester and Burnley did in the whole of last season. Doesn''t bode well for automatic promotion.

[quote user="whoareyou"]I think we have already lost as many games as Leicester and Burnley did in the whole of last season. Doesn''t bode well for automatic promotion.[/quote]

Well yes but if that''s the case I doubt anybody is going up this season. Burnley had still only lost 2 by Christmas.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]I think we have already lost as many games as Leicester and Burnley did in the whole of last season. Doesn''t bode well for automatic promotion.[/quote]

Well yes but if that''s the case I doubt anybody is going up this season. Burnley had still only lost 2 by Christmas.

[/quote]Two teams have only lost 3, one of them being the scummers and one has lost only 2, Charlton.

It would be amazing to theoretically get 9 from the next three, but it could be the last 3 wins all season and people can bang on and on and on and on about the 3 game 3 win run just like the "infamous barcalona''esc" 10 GAMES UNBEATEN RUN!! Yeah granted they were mostly draws where as barca had won 8 of their 10. But the 9 points would be effectively papering over the cracks in Adams. He''s learning the game and everyone has to start somewhere but why the top job in such a vital season. His novice mistakes are going to seal our fate this season and looking at the other teams dropping points here and there its shaping up to be an easier league than when we were last in it. Dropping 3pts here 2pts there all add up and then if lucky were in the lottery of the play offs. I''m sure MANY on here would be ecstatic with 6th and in the play offs and then losing and the same people would be saying "Neil will win the league next season so let''s stick it out" then we can repeat this season again and again and again!! If we''d of shifted who-ton on December then we would of had LOTS of decent candidates to pick from Mario bean being possibly one. But now we''re left with the usual has-beens should Neil be moved on. How''s about Curbishly with mark Robbins (former player BOUND TO WORK) and micky Adams in the "karsa" role. That''s what sort of dross we could quite easily end up with the way the board are AGAIN. Plus we''ve scoured europe, infinity and BEYONDDDDD and there was NOT one single candidate better than N.A so let''s all clap on and clap happy together that the best man''s in the hot seat, otherwise we were all bull sh1ted to. Surely they wouldn''t treat us loyal fans like that would they.

I don''t honestly think it matters. We have to win the next 6 or 7 to get back on target and that''s not going to happen.

Everyone says its a long season and there are lots of games to go, but I think we''ve already blown the top two with 6 points from 8 games.

Any team with a run like that at any point of the season is going to struggle to make up the lost ground.

I think the absolute best we can hope for under Adams is the playoffs, which will be failure. I don''t honestly think we''ll even do that.

We wont win 3 in a row!Adams remit at the start of this season was to win the league, not finish second or top 6, so if Mcnally is true to his word, Adams is on borrowed time unles he gets us to top spot sharpish

Win three games in a row and Adams will have saved his job, we will all have a bit more hope that he can turn things round when things aren''t working well and we can all move on.    This is Adams'' first big hurdle as a manager. There was no real expectation last season, results were good to start with this season - so we have arrived at a crossroads.   If he can turn it round he will have proved he can motivate and organise well - and there would be no reason to think he couldn''t do it again if we went through another poor spell.

So he has to prove himself now - crunch time has arrived for him.  Win the next three games and he redeems himself.  Lose a home game, or just get mediocre results and he will have failed, because we need to have had a big response to this poor spell.   Plenty on here don''t think he can do it, including me, but we we will all think differently if he can prove himself over the next few games.  

lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/11/2014 10:38 AM:

"Win three games in a row and Adams will have saved his job,"

What do you mean saved his job? Do you have some sort of hotline to the Board?

There is no evidence that I can see coming out of CR that his job is in any way under threat. In fact it is others in the management team that are taking the flak.

Adams is taking the flak as well, just because Robson was chosen by Adams and is an extension of Adams, doesn''t mean the board aren''t aware that things are going badly for the manager, players and club as a whole atm. Adams is under pressure, make no mistake about that. I know you like him Jenkins, but surely he is very much under pressure as a manager?

Winning three games in a row won''t solve the main problem which is we need to start playing well again. If we can rediscover our early season form then all will be sweet again.Neil Adams needs to turn things round very quickly indeed and I doubt he will. If he doesn''t I can''t believe the Board will dither as they did last season. It wouldn''t surprise me if they haven''t been sounding out some possible replacements already. 

[quote user="Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/11/2014 10:38 AM:

"Win three games in a row and Adams will have saved his job,"

What do you mean saved his job? Do you have some sort of hotline to the Board?

There is no evidence that I can see coming out of CR that his job is in any way under threat. In fact it is others in the management team that are taking the flak.[/quote]

Well I like to think I am one of the more positive posters and even I can see that he is under pressure.  The problems have been there since the start of the season with giving away soft goals and here we are seventeen games later and its still happening - and the goals have dried up a bit too - a problem that if it carries on will see us go further down the table.    The fans won''t tolerate that happening and I don''t believe the board will either.  That is why the next three games are so important. He simply has to get them winning - especially the two home games. Poor performances, soft goals, draws or losses don''t cut the mustard at this stage.   I think with this international break the board could have taken the ultimate step and sacked him now.  They don''t look likely to do that, so its all about the next two or three games.

I think Adams is under pressure, that''s obvious after recent results, what I am questioning is the assumption (I think) that his job is very much on the line with his employers. LDC''s remark that he will " have saved his job" if we win the next three suggests that he is on the verge of losing his job now. That may be the way some posters on here would like to see things, I certainly now have considerable doubts about him, but it''s a big leap to move from pink un posters views to the views of his employers.

Actually I don''t think his job is anywhere near being on the line yet, when he was appointed, as a man learning his trade, there must have been a realisation and recognition within the board that we would have tough times during the season, the deal would surely not have been to sack him when things got tough. He is seen I believe as a long term appoinment and will be allowed some failure along the way. This is one of those tough periods, what may change things of course is if the crowd at CR turn, that''s normally seems to do the trick but I don''t get the feeling we are near that point yet.

"It wouldn''t surprise me if they haven''t been sounding out some possible replacements already."

Really? I would be surprised if they have even contemplated the idea that Neil may not be up to the job. History tells us that by the time 80% of fans have noticed it''s going t1ts up the board will procrastinate on making a decision for 2-6 months and then tell us all that we''ve rang every manager in the whole world and nobody''s an "outstanding" candidate so we''ll have neil,mcnally and Dorothy the tea lady during 82-83 season will be picking the 11 and the lads will decide where to place them all on the field.

[quote user="Jenkins"]This is one of those tough periods, what may change things of course is if the crowd at CR turn, that''s normally seems to do the trick but I don''t get the feeling we are near that point yet.[/quote]Adam''s remit was to get promoted and that''s looking very unlikely at the moment. Adams is a dead duck, it''s wishful thinking to believe otherwise.