Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Your favourite fringe player?

Over recent years there has always been at least one player that sections of our support have thought would be the answer to all, or at least some, of our problems. I admit to being one of these optimists who perhaps forget some of the deficiencies of players when they are not in the team, but that doesn''t stop me from doing it!

One classic from years gone by was Cody McDonald (remember that prolific spell at Gillingham?). More recently Luciano Becchio, David Fox and Elliot Bennett have filled the void for those who like to tinker with the team, albeit only in our minds. So to that end who is your favourite fringe player of recent years? I would have to go with Fox. Memories of him pulling the strings in midfield lingered long beyond his stay in the first team for me.

Surely Quagliarella was the ultimate fringe player? So fringe in fact that he never joined us, but still generated one of the longest Pink Un threads ever.But apart from him, Cody for me, especially because of the devotion he generated in Paul Moy (what happened to him?).

Pilkington.Was superb under Lambert weighing in with goals and great crossing, went to rubbish under Hughton (along with not being played) and then given ZERO chance by Adams and sold on the cheap...

Football hipsters love a fringe player

Makes them fool themselves into thinking they are learned and wise.

Cody Mac is the ultimate fringe player and to this day is the flag anti footballing hipsters fly in the face of mark lawrenson wannabe idiots

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Trevor Howard was mine.[/quote]PANINI-TOP-SELLERS-FOOTBALL-73-249-NORWICH-CITY-TREVOE-HOWARDFringe in more ways than one. Fringes were all the rage in the early seventies.  Now most footballers look like refugees from a prison camp.  Sad really.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Trevor Howard was mine.[/quote]PANINI-TOP-SELLERS-FOOTBALL-73-249-NORWICH-CITY-TREVOE-HOWARDFringe in more ways than one. Fringes were all the rage in the early seventies.  Now most footballers look like refugees from a prison camp.  Sad really.

[/quote]To be fair our ex-player Chris Martin has one of sorts but I suppose time does kinda stand still in Beccles........

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Pilkington.Was superb under Lambert weighing in with goals and great crossing, went to rubbish under Hughton (along with not being played) and then given ZERO chance by Adams and sold on the cheap...[/quote]Do you really think he was worth more than £2m Indy?