Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

The board don't help themselves!

After relegation to league 1 necessary changes are made at board level. A ruthless streak is installed in McNally and Bowkett. We steal P Lambert from Colchester and as we all know we go on an incredible run. I really thought that with this new board in place, ruthless football minded people, that even if Lambert left which he was always likely to then with these people now running the club we''d be fine. Lambert does leave surprise surprise, what I didn''t realise is he''d take the board of directors sense with him.

First they appoint Chris Hughton a polar opposite of Lambert, in both character, personality but most inportantly in the way he likes his team to play. This man settles situations down he doesn''t take you forward. He did a pretty good job at settling things down, but once this happened he then didn''t know how to move us along. Having only had months in the premier league as a manager with Newcastle this perhaps can be understood. Things are clearly going horribly wrong the board do nothing. We slide down the table, the fans are divided but most of getting restless and see the need for change. They decide to wait till the last 5 games to sack Hughton giving someone with even less experience the task of getting us the points to stay up plaing the top teams in the country. Unsurprisingly this fails and we''re relegated.

They all then come out on the radio and say we made mistakes, we were going to change but no one was available, bla bla bla! There weren''t many candidates around in league 1 so we pinched someone! Given a month before those 5 games at the least I''m sure someone could''ve kept us up, but no they let us drop. I''m thinking though ok they''ve learnt their lesson, we''re debt free lets keep the squad together, get a good manager in and try and get back up. What do they do give the job to the rookie coach, the man who despite being at the club wasn''t considered good enough to take over in January! Things started ok, I thought maybe even with the rookie coach the quality at his disposal will do us ok. It seems now that isn''t the case. He insists on leaving Gary Hooper and man who tore this league up before on the bench. He plays Kyle Lafferty the man who does well for NI up front on the left wing. He fails to get the best out of Redmond and sends players out on loan who could be doing a job in our team.

Things start to fail so what do the board do they sack the 1st team coach. This act is then not given any explanation leading to rumor after all sorts! It''s getting beyond a joke now. Please current norwich City board look at yourselves in the mirror and try to find your previous selves otherwise we''re just going to keep on failing and we''ll rot in this division for years.

Wise words yet there are some on here thea continue to support the suffolk 2s continued ownership of the club. U couldn''t make it up

[quote user="John tree"]Wise words yet there are some on here thea continue to support the suffolk 2s continued ownership of the club. U couldn''t make it up[/quote]Lowestoft is in suffolk 2 Waveney. [:D]

Nice one Crafty - nail on head - and Nutty''s Rt Hon Sec Lapps appears with his usual drivel and ?humour?

Doomed I tell ya Yeh bloody hilarious.

It''s incredible that there are still people in Pink un message board land that can''t see the common denominator.

Stanton your post is similar to how most feel and I can understand your rant on a Sunday. I can''t argue with any of it.

[quote user="John tree"]Wise words yet there are some on here thea continue to support the suffolk 2s continued ownership of the club. U couldn''t make it up[/quote]

So hurry up and buy them out Waveney, else head up a consortium of would be buyers, I''m surprised you haven''t done it already. Piss or get off the pot comes to mind.