Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Our ex loan players

Pity we could not have kept some of our loans players we have had at carrow road , Harry Kane , Kieren Gibbs , Frazier foster ,Ryan Bertrand have all done well for themselves and would have been good additions .

It still amazes me when I see Gibbs now and recall his loan spell here. He was very young as was Kane, because they were young hot shots from big clubs we expected too much of them, they were immature as players and probably as individuals.

Pretty much spot on. Too young, too raw for us at the time. Kane has surprised me a lot. I thought he was another of Harry''s follies.

Agree with H. When Harry Kane came here he looked as if it would take him a spell in the championship to get the experience and game time he needed, looked far to inexperienced. Now he''s banging them in for Spurs just a season or so later, you could blame hughton, you could blame the young boy Kane but it was probably both....but mostly hughton it seems now.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Agree with H. When Harry Kane came here he looked as if it would take him a spell in the championship to get the experience and game time he needed, looked far to inexperienced. Now he''s banging them in for Spurs just a season or so later, you could blame hughton, you could blame the young boy Kane but it was probably both....but mostly hughton it seems now.[/quote]

Wasn''t he thrown into the deep end because of injury?   Can''t remember exactly, but I seem to remember that his first chance came in a pressurised situation where he was put through on his weaker side, had one chance and fluffed it.   From that one chance it seemed to me he was judged, found guilty and deemed useless by our more knowledgable fans.   In the other games I saw, he was workmanlike and moved well, without really impressing, but was not a flop.    The damaging thing for a highly thought of young player at that time was to be rubbished by sections of our fans from day one.......oh, but I forgot, fans don''t have any influence on players do they.........

it certainly did, but bad luck was I guess also a part of it if you believe in bad luck. There was such pressure for Hughton not to start kane as fans immediately saw him and thought he was $hit because he didn''t play well in his first match, that was unlucky, it was unlucky that hughton was so under pressure. As a manager who''s not picking up wins, youth don''t tend to get starts, it''s normally the experienced players who you know the sort of performance you''re gonna get from.

Ex Loan team currently playing

GK - Forster

RB - De Laet

LB - Gibbs

CB - Shackell

CB -

RM -

CM - Lansbury

CM - Parker

LM - Bertrand

CF - Vokes

CF -

It''s wishful thinking if anyone thinks we could sign most of these loan players. It was at a time when we didn''t have any money and the reason we loaned them was coz'' we couldn''t afford to buy ''em

[quote user="Mr Angry"]I''d rather have Kyle Naughton at right back![/quote]Agreed!Unlikely to come though unless things improve before January

I thought Gibbs looked a fairly tidy player and showed some nice touches, but I think he was only 17 at the time and physically he didn''t look nowhere near ready. Although it probably didn''t help that he was played in midfield in a team with quite a few other loan players and did get some stick from our fans which would not of done the young lad''s confidence much good.

The following season he was playing in the champions league, so he wasn''t as bad as most of our fans thought!