Sign in to follow this  
Chirping Canary

Scott Sinclair

I don''t know if the loan window is still open, but what about a loan move for Scott Sinclair? Not getting a sniff at Man City, and I feel we are lacking in the wide midfield department.

He''s exciting, pacey and has played in the Championship (I know it was a while ago).

As long as he takes a wage cut, I don''t see why not.

[quote user="alartz"]Next dream....[/quote]Well he can''t go to a Prem club, so why not? If City want him to get regular football then a top Championship club is the best bet. Although we''re on a poor run of form, we''re probably one of the only clubs who could consider it financially. If Tom Ince went to Forest on loan, I don''t see why this would be impossible.

Exactly what I thought. If he needs first team football (he played 8 times for WBA last season) then a pay cut seems reasonable. If the current squad aren''t cutting it, why not shake it up. May even give the likes of Redmond some much needed competition.

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]Exactly what I thought. If he needs first team football (he played 8 times for WBA last season) then a pay cut seems reasonable. If the current squad aren''t cutting it, why not shake it up. May even give the likes of Redmond some much needed competition.[/quote]Would imagine his wages would be north of £50k p/w. If Citeh want to loan him out, they know that realistically no Championship club will fork that amount out, so it might be that they subsidise his wages to some extent. A decent contribution towards the overall figure might be enough to make it happen. Even if we paid, say, £30k per week for the rest of the season, it''d still come in at under £1m (plus potentially a loan fee too). A player of that calibre at this point in the season might be just the injection we need to propel us back up the table. I''m generally not in favour of loans, but if we were to get promoted then that player might just consider joining us permanently, a la Huckerby.I''ll believe it when I see it, though...

I hope we don''t truck with this guy. He''s rarely played for over 2 seasons. Spent last year on loan at WBA and struggled to get a game. Apparently he didn''t work hard enough. He aint gonna be no Hucks, I''d rather play our youngsters!

Some of you are remembering the Scott Sinclair of four years ago and forgetting the last two seasons.

He seems to be moving in the same direction as David Bentley!

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]Exactly what I thought. If he needs first team football (he played 8 times for WBA last season) then a pay cut seems reasonable. If the current squad aren''t cutting it, why not shake it up. May even give the likes of Redmond some much needed competition.[/quote]

I think you know very little about the modern day footballer.

You could''ve said the same of Rodwell though Yellow wall, another victim of Man City''s success, he''s now at Sunderland (I think) doing really well. I think this is something that people within football would have to decide, the deal could happen, City need to sell him so in teary it''s a good idea as we also need a LM, yet like other people say, he had wasn''t fit when at West Brom and therefore wasn''t fit, we don''t know about his attitude so perhaps a loan would be the best thing imo