Sign in to follow this  
channonswindmill

Nigel Worthington

I have a horrible feeling that he is on his way back to the club, anyone else agree? It just fits...experience, but would possibly take the advisor role rather than the limelight now..relationship with Delia etc.

I read the article from Paddy Davit this morning ,,,, I had a horrible feeling that we are being journalistically " softened up" for just such an announcement . Although I do think that NA needs some support and another more experienced head around ,, Worthington was not what I was hoping for .

Having said that , some on this board are suggesting that Gary Holt takes over !!!

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I read the article from Paddy Davit this morning ,,,, I had a horrible feeling that we are being journalistically " softened up" for just such an announcement . Although I do think that NA needs some support and another more experienced head around ,, Worthington was not what I was hoping for .

Having said that , some on this board are suggesting that Gary Holt takes over !!![/quote]

Holt? As manager he has a record of - Games 52Wins  25Draws 11Losses 16Win ratio 48.08%  So why not?

Just going to throw this into the ring....

Can''t remember the exact date, but it was just before the season started, I was walking home past the Holiday Inn and I very nearly (literally) bumped into Nigel Worthington. He was walking from the offices in the Jarrold.

I think it was about the time we were looking to recruit a Director of Football type person.

I think it would be great to get Worthy back to guide Adams, but we also need more than him, he and culverhouse would be great, however they''ve not exactly got similar styles

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Can you just remind us all ,, when this was and at which club ?

Also , why he is not managing now ? Well .... He wasn''t yesterday 😳[/quote]Certainly.  Kilmarnock, Scottish First Division. He left that to come to Norwich.   Your point being presumably that the SFD is not a high league club.  Well I go back to the point about up and coming managers who have to start somewhere.  He has experience as manager and did very well in his first season as a manager.   You can be sniffy about that or you can embrace the fact that he has management experience and has proved he can do it at a lower level - and is now at Norwich as a potential future manager.  Its entirely up to you, but given how the club has set up a structure that will ensure continuity, his name will be at or near the top of any short list should Adams be demoted.

Up and coming managers have to start somewhere LDC.

And for Gary Holt his second piece of experience should be managing NCFC?

But Adams second piece of experience shouldn''t?

eh?

To be fair, at least Worthy could organise a defence properly. He was a bit useless getting us scoring many and relied on Huckerby''s genius for that but i''d probably say that under him was when we had our best organised defence.

Please god I hope not.

Yes took us up and managed us in the Premiership years ago but also took us down, brought terrible players on relegation and hung on far too long before he finally left and hasn''t gone on to do anything significant since....

Just because he has got an association with Norwich doesn''t mean he is the right man for the job...we are a club with significant resources and should be looking at the BEST man for the job...and that isn''t Nigel Worthington...

[quote user="hogesar"]Up and coming managers have to start somewhere LDC. And for Gary Holt his second piece of experience should be managing NCFC? But Adams second piece of experience shouldn''t? eh?[/quote]

Other than its Adams first experience at managing a club.

Perhaps he will be better second time around ...... 

I think that LDC has a seriously flawed argument if he thinks that Gary Holt has the experience that we and Neil need as a guide !

I am pretty sure that almost everybody else had someone in mind with more than a few games in Scottish football as their " experience " on the CV .

At this point , whatever your personal views on Pulis < he is an ideal example of the "type " of experience we need now .

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But just imagine if Tilly could hire St Andrews Hall for Worthy a second time!!! #All his Christmases rolled into one :)[/quote]

That''s a bit unfair and selling him short

You need to add a vote of no confidence in the board as well plus dancing girls to introduce him.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Lol

Worthy is often spotted in the City and its always about the same time as something. :)[/quote]

lol - yeah. Was definitely him though. I guess there was nothing doing at the time because a) there were no cars in the car-park at jaunty angles and b) he wasn''t carrying some shopping in an Asda bag.

Did get me wondering though if he was begin quizzed over availability etc or whether he was just there for a cuppa with the board.

Who knows buddy. Did you speak to him? He usually has time forus fans.

I miss Worthy :(

I can throw another one in though. About the same time as fans began to lose patience with Hughton last season I saw Ken Brown at Colney....

Wonder what odds I can get on Mike Walker deciding to end his 14 year spell living in Cyprus to make his triumphant ''3rd time lucky'' return... [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Can you just remind us all ,, when this was and at which club ?

Also , why he is not managing now ? Well .... He wasn''t yesterday 😳[/quote]Certainly.  Kilmarnock, Scottish First Division. He left that to come to Norwich.   Your point being presumably that the SFD is not a high league club.  Well I go back to the point about up and coming managers who have to start somewhere.  He has experience as manager and did very well in his first season as a manager.   You can be sniffy about that or you can embrace the fact that he has management experience and has proved he can do it at a lower level - and is now at Norwich as a potential future manager.  Its entirely up to you, but given how the club has set up a structure that will ensure continuity, his name will be at or near the top of any short list should Adams be demoted.

[/quote]He played for KilmarnockHe managed Falkirk ;)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But just imagine if Tilly could hire St Andrews Hall for Worthy a second time!!! #All his Christmases rolled into one :)[/quote]

This post from the man who accuses posters of making things up to suit their agenda. Priceless.

[quote user="The Butler"]

That''s a bit unfair and selling him short

You need to add a vote of no confidence in the board as well plus dancing girls to introduce him.

[/quote]

Maybe Butler you could remind us who proposed and seconded that motion at the meeting as it came from the floor, then again your knowledge of NCFC related history has been found wanting before.

Nutty Nigel wrote: But just imagine if Tilly could hire St Andrews Hall for Worthy a second time!!!

You could vote no confidence in the board for a second time!