Sign in to follow this  
The Polar Bears Made Me Do It

Time to cash in on Redmond?

[quote user="The Polar Bears Made Me Do It"]Looked good against a bunch of Portugese kids last night and getting rave reviews. But, is he real any better than Josh Murphy? Time to ship out in January?[/quote]Yeah, let him go on a free, he''s useless. 1 goal in 246 matches, and Hughton signed him. Sack the board!

[quote user="The Polar Bears Made Me Do It"]Looked good against a bunch of Portugese kids last night and getting rave reviews. But, is he real any better than Josh Murphy? Time to ship out in January?[/quote]

lol - trolling just gets easier to get a response; like shooting fish in a barrel. Great diversion tactics - are you delia or McNally??

*sigh*

Southampton ready to bid £8m according to Mirror today. Clearly they see something in him that most of this forum don''t.

We don''t need the money and he is happy to stay.

No brainer for me therefore - unfortunately with this Board anything is possible. I suspect he will be off for £10m or so.

Fending off interest in our players another reason why we need to be seriously challenging for the top two by jan and can''t let the Adams situation drag on. If we are not looking like serious promotion contenders then players will be more likely to want out and the board may be more likely to cash in.

I suspect though its only really Redmond and Hopper who may be in demand and thankfully the bottom 6 or so in the prem this season are so poor that players may not see moving too them as particularly attractive.

[quote user="hogesar"]Redmond is so much better than Murphy I dont even think its fair to compare them.[/quote]

Yes, after all Redmond''s goals this season have been much better than Murphy''s goals........

Redmond is head and shoulders above Murphy. I mean quite a fair way ahead. Dont get me wrong Murphy is a terrific prospect but from what ive seen of him i dont even think hes ready to start championship games on a regular basis. This is the same Redmond whos one of the first names on Southgates team sheet, the same guy who was linked to a full England squad place for a friendly last season along with Berahino. And the same Redmond who was subject of a £6m bid from Stoke and interest from Southampton. Makes me laugh how people view players to be so nuch better than they are just because they have come through the youth set up. Any other team in this decision would take Redmond anr so would 3/4 of the premiership.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 16/11/2014 6:05 PM:

Yes, after all Redmond''s goals this season have been much better than Murphy''s goals........

----------------------------

Depends if anyone''s silly enough to think that''s the only thing that matters.

Although there is quite a clear difference in class between Redmond and Murphy, personally I do think Murphy has also got a lot of potential.

They are both good players, potentially very good players. Why would we want to lose players like his, numbnuts!!

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 16/11/2014 7:28 PM:

''like his numbnuts!!''

May have posted this on wrong thread lol

[quote user="mrs miggins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 16/11/2014 6:05 PM:

----------------------------

Depends if anyone''s silly enough to think that''s the only thing that matters.

Although there is quite a clear difference in class between Redmond and Murphy, personally I do think Murphy has also got a lot of potential.[/quote]

I don''t think its as silly as people make out.  Murphy''s goal against Blackpool was sheer class.   His composure at setting up Grabban for the third goal against Blackburn was class too.   Great goal in the two he scored in the cup too.   He plays a similar role to Redmond in the team and has the potential.   He would be a starter in most championship teams imo, its just that he has plenty of competition to get into our team.    I think our best team could just be with him and Redmond in it, with both able to cross or cut in off the wing.  A dynamite duo in the making, if they both stay at the club past January.....  

Well I certainly agree with that LDC, I''m surprised Adams hasn''t given Murphy more starts, but like I said in another thread about kane- when a manager is under pressure they rarely rely on youth.

The answer to the original question can only be given when we have sorted out the overriding subject of the manager.

Based on the last match, he is not featuring in Adams''s 1st X1 but at the same time, he is lauded by many. His initial control of a ball, coupled with his ability to run at and beat defenders at pace, are priceless qualities. This is what makes it so frustrating that little progress has been made in developing his final delivery, be it pass, cross or shot.

I guess we shall have to wait and see how Adams''s successor views things.

If Redmond was truly worth 10 million how come we have not won more games.

NR is potentially awesome but at this moment in time does not provide goals or clear assists in the volume required for that valuation and we don''t have the time for that potential to fruit.

If we are playing money ball he is one I would trade in if we could like up a proven performer for 3-5 million in his place.

If someone offered me 10 million which i could then spend on Sako from Wolves (4m ish) and Lee from Bolton (3/4) I think i would go for it.

As for Hooper he does not look the same player and again a decent bid would be tempting.

I think anyone would go for that option FF, but Sako is worth a hell of a lot more than £4m.

When people say "he needs to deliver, it''s all well and good that he''s got potential, but he needs to show it" - surely you''ve answered you''re own question. He''s 20 years old (i think) so he''s incredibly young, he''s not going to be that good at crossing or shooting on a regular basis. All we have now is a pacey young winger who''s one of the best wingers in this division and will be one of the best English wingers in the Premier League.

Also when people say Hooper does not look the same player, what is this opinion based on? Is it training sessions you''ve watched, because it can''t be the very few games he''s just started to get involved in.

Fromage Frais wrote the following post at 17/11/2014 12:12 PM:

If Redmond was truly worth 10 million how come we have not won more games.

----------------

Sorry, also wanted to point this out. Wtf! Will Hughes is probably worth that - why haven''t Derby won more games. Torres scored loads before going to chelsea, why didn''t chelsea win more games? It''s just a terrible argument imo

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think anyone would go for that option FF, but Sako is worth a hell of a lot more than £4m.

When people say "he needs to deliver, it''s all well and good that he''s got potential, but he needs to show it" - surely you''ve answered you''re own question. He''s 20 years old (i think) so he''s incredibly young, he''s not going to be that good at crossing or shooting on a regular basis. All we have now is a pacey young winger who''s one of the best wingers in this division and will be one of the best English wingers in the Premier League.

Also when people say Hooper does not look the same player, what is this opinion based on? Is it training sessions you''ve watched, because it can''t be the very few games he''s just started to get involved in.[/quote]

Forest offered 3.5 and the player threw his toys out apparently.

I think another million could do it.