Sign in to follow this  
hazza9

Whitaker and Maloney

The right back for Scotland tonight looks very good!! We should definitely sign him as he would add quality to that area we are lacking....... Oh wait that''s our Whitaker, his passing looks assured, positioning is alright and he''s putting himself about. Why does he never play to anywhere the standard he is tonight?!

On a serious note I''ve mentioned Maloney before as I think he''s a really good footballer and would add some real creativity to our midfield play. I would love us to sign him from struggling Wigan and also he''s out of contract at the end of the season.

Because we lack the width in midfield to cover our left and right back, Olson this season also looks poor compared to last season as he is constantly left exposed trying to defend against 2 players at all times same applies to Whittaker.

Have to agree with the BBC - thought he was poor (but so was most of the scots defence) defensively, seems unable to read a threat and too easily moved around, and was weak in his use of the ball.

Martin slightly better, but fell deeper because of the backs fours lack of pace

Thought Whitaker was ok and Maloney does add something different (similar to Wes).

On a brighter note, Chris Martin is getting an absolute hammering off the Scottish media for his performance (and the Daily Record is still listing him as a "Norwich hitman"...of which he is neither) [;)] 

Apples

Thought 5 was about right, never looked comfortable on the ball, put other midfielders under pressure with a few of his passes, should''ve followed Rooney better for the last goal. Although he had a few shots, they were from free kicks which were passed to him, all of them were blocked, not a brilliant night for the norwich two, but probably the best performers more or less in that scotland team

I started this thread at half time and I thought Whitaker played well first half. Second half was more of the same of what we are used to from him. Passing was poor, he wasn''t reading the game very well and he wasn''t tactically aware. A 5 or a 6 was a fair score.

I thought Whittaker and Russell Martin were OK especially Whittaker in the first half.Chris Martin was ineffective. He''ll probably score a shed-ful for Derby and get up to the Premier League this season and then be a bit out of his depth next year like he was for us. Still a good footballer but not quite top level.Robert Earnshaw was a good example of the same thing.