Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Well said ricky

He is right we did not build a team around him. We were always playing for 17th each season in the prem as we do not have the financial backing from the board.

We over achieved but we all know the second season we had two wins at the end where we jumped 5 places

Lamberts first we began To limp over the line

Rvw was a class player and right now if... If we go up this year I would want him back for one more crack at the prem as he would come in as a new striker.

Grabban needs three chances for a goal, you don''t get that in the prem... Lafferty has not scored yet, Jerome will score a few, hooper well has had a dry 18 months.

Rvw made it clear he was looking at a short term loan, as ncfc needed to get rid of wages, with pilkington, fer and snoddy leaving they were big earners... No question Bassong is... So it comes down to adams not wanting a player. So I can understand that he may now want a perm move

The standard of our players had not improved since coming up Russell Martin has not improved, turner is solid bit is at his level.

Our midfield was never prem class, hence why so few players left for prem clubs.

We are now seeing our players play championship football and looking at home.

We need a managerial change and to keep hold of Redmond our only genuine asset. RVW needed support from quality players, we did not have them.

Ricky always gave me the impression of a nice guy, making the right noises to try and integrate with where he was moving to and putting in whole hearted displays in a difficult season where the team didn''t appear capable of creating chances for him. Too much pressure to score on the miniscule chances he did get led to frustration and loss of confidence.    He''s making the same noises at St. Etienne and plainly would like to stay longer at one club instead of travelling around different countries.  He''s rebuilding his career and at least has scored one or two goals this season.

He was never going to stay at Norwich after last season''s difficulties, whoever was manager - he - and us - need to move on imo.   Good luck to him.     

[quote user="mrpiggy"]what a load of shit! the man was fukin useless,good riddance i say[/quote]

Another puerile response from you, mrpiggy. Do you not know any other way? I don''t know how you had the gall to tell another poster to go back to school.

[quote user="mrpiggy"]what a load of shit! the man was fukin useless,good riddance i say[/quote]Is he really worse than Grabban and Lafferty (are they even footballers)  now combined those two are the biggest waste of £7 million plus the club has ever seen . Adams signings (with the exception of Jerome) have been utterly useless.

Sorry but why would you build a team around a player who is utterly s**t?

Whilst i have some sympathy for any striker playing under Hughton quite why people still seem convinced that RVW is a "class player" when we have all had plenty of evidence to the contrary is beyond me. People seem to largely conclude this on the basis he is Dutch and has an exotic name. If he was called Lee Smith I very much doubt the attitude would be the same.

He missed lots of good chances, He''s not a target man. He''s pretty lightweight and he''s not a playmaker. Why on earth would we build a team around him? If we had done then i would suggest we would have been relegated far sooner than we were.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Sorry but why would you build a team around a player who is utterly s**t?

Whilst i have some sympathy for any striker playing under Hughton quite why people still seem convinced that RVW is a "class player" when we have all had plenty of evidence to the contrary is beyond me. People seem to largely conclude this on the basis he is Dutch and has an exotic name. If he was called Lee Smith I very much doubt the attitude would be the same.

He missed lots of good chances, He''s not a target man. He''s pretty lightweight and he''s not a playmaker. Why on earth would we build a team around him? If we had done then i would suggest we would have been relegated far sooner than we were.[/quote]

The goal Jerome scored when Howson put him through was exactly the kind of chance RVW would relish.   The goal Hooper scored when Fer put him through is the kind of goal he would relish.   There have been precious few clear goal scoring opportunities of that type in the least two seasons - some shots from distance, some headers, yes, but creating chances by cutting open stretched defences we don''t seem to do very often.   That may be to do with the kind of football played in the prem and championship, but I doubt it.   To me it has more to do with slow build up play, getting too many people forward and allowing the opposition to play with a packed defence all the time.  Too predictable.  Opposition are more than happy to defend - especially away from home, then try and catch you on the break.

Parma had a good point in his master class where he said something along the lines of having the confidence to draw the opposition on to you, then attacking quickly down the middle rather than the flanks, giving a direct and quick response when the space is available.   It is what other teams have been doing to us this season home and away.  We have been naive in our play, of that there is no doubt in my mind - we should be better than that and RVW is frankly better off away from Norwich unless we learn to be a bit more savvy........over to you Mr. Adams.

It''s a real shame that RvW has been left with a bitter taste of our club, but, as someone said, he seems a nice guy and will say what the fans, where he is, want to hear.

I don''t buy all this ''he was sh*t'' nonsense - he''s a decent finisher, as his career prior to joining us shows, but that is all. He wasn''t the world class striker we expected, not capable of creating his own chances, which as a lone front man, he needed to be. I think, had we had the opportunity, if he had been paired alongside Holt for example, I think we''d have seen a really partnership... however, mistakes were made at every level with his time here; Hughton''s negativity, the board allowing big money to be spent on two strikers where only ever one was on the pitch at a time...

I''d like to see him back, for a second chance, but I doubt that will happen.

A classy player, but far too lightweight for English football. He doesn''t seem to be performing particularly well in France either.

He''s an ''okay'' forward. Probably on par with Hooper/Long/Graham but he was completely unsuited to our style last year and maybe English football in general.

If we get 6 Million for him at the end of the season I''ll be doing cartwheels as he''s probably only worth half that

RVW is a complete tool. And delusional. The main reason we got relegated was because we p*ssed away a jaw dropping sum on one of the most useless players to pull on the yellow and green. We didn''t "practice good football". He certainly didn''t. Powder puff, clueless lightweight. Absolutely effin useless. Let''s not forget that this season he''s scored TWO goals. Not exactly Messi is he?

And yet we have those still trotting out the "we didn''t play to his strengths" garbage. Stream watching plastics who never saw him play.

Those who never go to games should have a special avatar so their valueless opinions can be easily overlooked.

Like the first post said. We have to base our squad around a goalscorer. Can''t just stick decent footballers together and hope they all excel. Holt a prime example since he''s left. Never got the role he needed at wigan after being the vocal point for us, now back in a similar role playing good football for huddersfield.

Same as hooper. Hes a quality finisher and was brilliant at celtic regardless of the quality of league. Unless he''s given a run in a similar role we can''t judge how good he is. Everyone knows last season was a complete joke tactically and it was always going to make the forwards look terrible chasing lost causes with no support. All this about being lazy is complete rubbish. Id much rather see hooper than grabban. Get the work rate from him but isnt a natural finisher by any means.I fail to see why hooper isn''t starting every week when we create 15 a game and only seem to be able to stick 1 away!

I agree GWT regarding Hooper. He is a finisher and should be starting for us. I fear if Adams does not get sacked then Hooper will leave in January and it will be a departure we will regret.

I continue to maintain, however, that there is no real evidence for the assertion that RVW is a "class player." Watched his recent goal for St Etienne on youtube and it was an open goal tap in that any of us could have scored. His goals for Sporting were mainly of a similar vein or were penalties. We were duped by the exotic name and the fact he scored a few goals in two very average leagues. You can see Hooper has something about him if he can get fit and gets a run in the team. RVW looked completely unconvincing from the outset really.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I agree GWT regarding Hooper. He is a finisher and should be starting for us. I fear if Adams does not get sacked then Hooper will leave in January and it will be a departure we will regret. I continue to maintain, however, that there is no real evidence for the assertion that RVW is a "class player." Watched his recent goal for St Etienne on youtube and it was an open goal tap in that any of us could have scored. His goals for Sporting were mainly of a similar vein or were penalties. We were duped by the exotic name and the fact he scored a few goals in two very average leagues. You can see Hooper has something about him if he can get fit and gets a run in the team. RVW looked completely unconvincing from the outset really.[/quote]

He scored on his debut.

Ha we didn''t play very good football! Suppose it didn''t help that we had a very average striker who couldn''t head, had an average first touch, couldn''t pass (see fulham no look pass), couldn''t cross or create a chance for themselves but then it is always easier to blame the rest of the team then that way you can be deluded enough to think St etiene are going to pay £6m for you. See you next season Ricky where you will get to spend Saturdays shopping in he fine city of Norwich!

[quote user="The Polar Bears Made Me Do It"]And that was just about his only touch against Everton. And I can''t remember him heading a ball after that on a whole season so it''s a fair assumption he didn''t mean to do it.[/quote]

He out muscled Jon Terry to set up Pilkington''s goal against Chelsea with a header.

At the end of the day any striker would''ve struggled with Hughtons set up, but from what saw RVW was not cut out for the English leagues. He''s much better suited to football somewhere in Europe may that be France, Holland where ever. As long as we can recoup as much of the transfer fee we paid for him as we can, I think all parties will be happy.

Frankly, we are well shot of him and his self pitying whinging. One of our worst signings ever and certainly the most disappointing.

I''d rather see Ched Evans in a city shirt before RvW.

We do seem to be the club that ruins decent players Hooper was admired by all now he can''t even get a first team place , Redmond plays better England than he does for us , same with Lafferty as for RVW he had a great cv and again we reduced him to a shadow of the player that banged in goals for fun

He has scored two goals in France so far, so either we really ruined the poor lad or he''s not actually that good a player at the top level.

Now when Chris Martin destroys England tonight...

A lot of people had their heads turned by RvW''s price tag and just assumed that because we had spent a club record amount, he must be good. Their fervour was stoked by YouTube video (I refer you, m''lud to Mr Mark "Fozzy" Fotheringham and his infamous flick).

In the face of the mountain of evidence to the contrary, they persist with the myth that he is a football genius let down by his team mates, the management, the board, the fans, and the City of Norwich. They have made the common mistake of confusing COST with VALUE. He cost a great of money, his value to the club is negligible - (a pub league standard player who no-one, St Etienne included, will want next season. You could even argue he has a sizeable "negative value" - a massive drain on our wage bill coupled with the fact that the money we spent on his transfer fee could have been used to much better effect.

There''s a fairly clear divide. The Head in the sand, Ricky''s a genius camp is composed mainly of stream watching plastics. Those who actually go to games knew within a few games we had been sold a pup. We''d done our money, if you will.

His sole contribution was to make the nearly as useless Hooper look marginally less awful.