Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Is this going to be two weeks wasted or......

does the board see it as Adams has earned his managerial strips from Robson to go it alone.I just see it as one less person to get advice from and two weeks wasted.

It''s too early. There''s no evidence that giving a new man an international break to settle in will improve things.

For me he has until Reading on the 28th. If we haven''t shown improvement and aren''t at least right on the heels of the auto spots then it''s time for him to go. Well only if we know for certain we could attract either Pulis, Rosler or (somehow) Howe

If we couldn''t get either of those 3 then I''d honestly consider Hughton returning as more favourable than the rest of the proven dross available!

Same old same old. Delay and further delay. Give time till the next game them the game after that. Then before you know it''s the end of another season. Dynamic board or should that bored.

Regrettably we have a board and a chief exec who are completely out of their depth.

Stowmarket 2 out, bowkett and McNasty out.

No point in getting Rid of Adams until such time as they are sorted

D.C "If we couldn''t get either of those 3 then I''d honestly consider Hughton returning as more favourable than the rest of the proven dross available!"

I''ve heard that us fans have short memories before, but that''s like having Alzheimer''s!! I''d rather keep Adams than being bored senseless every week by Chris Clueless.

All that being said I most certainly wouldn''t put it past the board to bring him back possibly with Rodent as number 2 and Gunn back "helping" them (cos we need one of them to have lived,played,shopped or married a bird from Norwich or its certain to fail)

Its come to something when you are saying, somehow, to us appointing the Bournemouth manager. How the mighty have fallen.

Prima facie it would appear that it''s two weeks wasted. Instead, we wait for the overdue replacement of the manager by which time the continuation of Championship football is all but assured.

This is the Hughton saga prevaricating in the naive hope that the tide will turn. It is obvious to most observers that this management mix is not working and shows little prospect of doing so. Things are getting worse by the week and the Brighton game is akin to Hughtons WBA game. I only hope he does not sneak a few results only to continue the stumble and stutter. Would the board have confidence in Adams to spend the January transfer kitty, i doubt it. This has been a missed opportunity and unless we are very fortunate we will be having the same debate in a months time by which time our promotional aspirations will have been further dented

Why is anyone surprised by developments or lack of.

I can''t remember the last time we heard anything from the board except McNally. The family club we are supposed to be does not exist anymore. If we,the supporter,are part of the family then we should be told what is going on. The fact we are not means our thoughts count for nothing.

Robson has gone. To me that means Adams is coaching as well as managing. We won''t get a replacement in now and it will be left to Adams and Holt to manage alone.

Am I frustrated by the Norwich of the past two seasons......too damn right I am. Can I see it changing soon.....NO.

We have to be good little fans now and support our club through this period because we can moan all we want the board won''t listen or tell us what is happening with OUR club.

Rant over !!!

Paraphrasing, Russell Martin bemoans bad luck saying anything that could go wrong has gone wrong at vital times in the last few games. Yes!

Do I think we are doing enough to change our fortunes? No. But then I''m not watching at Colney - they could be defending well and smashing in goals for fun over there!

Still sense there is a lack of belief around the place; the players seem uncertain about too many things...

Because we lost the 2 previous games the negativity on here ha built to a.crescendo over the two weeks. Its now hard to believe that when we won our previous home game we went joint top. Whilst saying that puts a very positive spin on where we are its still true and there was no way a managerial change was going to happen. Not even Leeds would have made a change in these circumstances.

If we lose the next two it will be a different story. But we won''t.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Because we lost the 2 previous games the negativity on here ha built to a.crescendo over the two weeks. Its now hard to believe that when we won our previous home game we went joint top. Whilst saying that puts a very positive spin on where we are its still true and there was no way a managerial change was going to happen. Not even Leeds would have made a change in these circumstances.

If we lose the next two it will be a different story. But we won''t.[/quote]Exactly and just like last season with Hughton we will then jog along from good result to bad result untill any chance of promotion has gone, Adams is another Bryan Gunn and we will not get anywhere near the Premiership with him in charge but then thats probably what Delia is hoping for .

I do again find myself worrying that we are going to give Adams too long and have really messed up our season before we have the nerve to make a change.

With this squad we will always pick up enough wins to have us there or thereabouts in the top half of the table. Even under Adams we are unlikely to slip out of contention for the playoffs but for me that''s not good enough because we should be doing and playing so much better than we are. It must not become about "must win games" the board must decide, based on the last 3 months, whether he is good enough to take us up automatically. if so then they stick with him, if not then get shot now.

Jim, did you honestly expect the board to sack Adams during this fortnight? Would you have done it? Can you think of any other reasonable boards who would have done it?

Sorry that''s three questions so here''s a fourth. Will you help us to raise some money for the CSF disability teams on Rays Funds and select the Norwich match bet on the 10th January for the game away to Bournemouth?

Nutty

1. No.

2. Yes because I think we need to cut our losses on this unnecessary risky experiment before its too late.

3. Not many no but do "reasonable boards" always succeed in football? Two obvious examples of ruthless sackings that did work would be Adkins and Gunn.

4. Yes of course - what do I need to do?

Nutty I would qualify point 2 by saying that on balance yes I would make a change to maximise our chances. I do, however, accept that there is still a reasonable chance of promotion under Adams and obviously i very much hope that we win every game for the rest of the season and achieve it!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Nutty

1. No.

2. Yes because I think we need to cut our losses on this unnecessary risky experiment before its too late.

3. Not many no but do "reasonable boards" always succeed in football? Two obvious examples of ruthless sackings that did work would be Adkins and Gunn.

4. Yes of course - what do I need to do?[/quote]

Most importantly thank you for taking up the Rays Funds offer.  An anoymous benefactor gives us £6 each week for the Norwich match bet. The guy choosing the selections (you on w/e 10th Jan) selects from the suggestions made on that week''s Rays Funds thread or can even ignore them all and pick their own. The Great Drinkell is doing it this week, he''s a great role model for you[:)] It''s nothing to worry about and can be a lot of fun. Maybe you''ll like it so much you stay with us[Y]

The two obvious examples of ruthless sackings are good but there are plenty of  examples that back fire. It''s too soon for me. If the international break had come after Bolton most would have worked themselves up to a crescendo saying we will win the league. I don''t know if Adams will be a success or not but I do think any manager would have had similar results given that we had just been relegated and had a completely new attack.

Ok Nutty let me know when I need to do it. Happy to get involved.

Where you and I differ re Adams is that I think a manager with experience would have found a way to win some of our recent games and taken advantage of the opportunity we had post Brentford but I guess time will tell. The international break has come at a good time for him. It almost feels like a new "chapter" in the season is about to begin and I guess if he can get wins in the two home games we can maybe build some momentum again.

Very happy with the Mike Phelan appointment although he should be manager or at least assistant manager.This still raises the question why Adams is in charge with Phelan''s experience, surly they should swap place.Anyway, two weeks may have not been wasted after all.

Maccy''s Back

I know. It was just to emphasise the overall sh!teness of the other potential candidates :P No matter what I wouldn''t want Hughton or his style back, but I really believe he is still a better manager than the likes of Zola/Clark etc