Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Mike Phelan

Fantastic appointment - every manager needs a good backroom team and SAF''s former number 2 has got to be a winner

Brilliant bit of business, what a wealth of knowledge he has.Also he could be the perfect man to replace Neil if things carry on.Just when I had lost a fair bit of faith in the board, they come through with a very good move.

Wow, this is an excellent piece of news. Think of the experience MP must have picked up in those years with SAF, incredible to have that at our disposal. I just hope that he and NA can make it work as it will be tough for them both.

Thats the best news I''ve heard for ages, just what we need a bit of experience to help our Neil

Loving this! Norwich City legend and really nice man! I await the Bury verdict with interest... Will it be Bowkett and McNally''s work or will it have the cook and her cohort''s prints all over it...

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Wow, this is an excellent piece of news. Think of the experience MP must have picked up in those years with SAF, incredible to have that at our disposal. I just hope that he and NA can make it work as it will be tough for them both.[/quote]Yes this can only be good news. Wealth of experience working with one of the best managers of all time there can''t be many coaches as well qualified.Can''t help feeling that with this appointment the Grim Reaper''s got poor old Adams firmly in his sights if things on the field don''t improve real sharpish.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Tumbleweed"]Wow, this is an excellent piece of news. Think of the experience MP must have picked up in those years with SAF, incredible to have that at our disposal. I just hope that he and NA can make it work as it will be tough for them both.[/quote]

Yes this can only be good news. Wealth of experience working with one of the best managers of all time there can''t be many coaches as well qualified.

Can''t help feeling that with this appointment the Grim Reaper''s got poor old Adams firmly in his sights if things on the field don''t improve real sharpish.
[/quote]

No, we''ll sack one of the coaches.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Tumbleweed"]Wow, this is an excellent piece of news. Think of the experience MP must have picked up in those years with SAF, incredible to have that at our disposal. I just hope that he and NA can make it work as it will be tough for them both.[/quote]Yes this can only be good news. Wealth of experience working with one of the best managers of all time there can''t be many coaches as well qualified.Can''t help feeling that with this appointment the Grim Reaper''s got poor old Adams firmly in his sights if things on the field don''t improve real sharpish.[/quote]

No, we''ll sack one of the coaches.

[/quote][:D]

...after claiming last year to have been the ''real boos'' at Man U for the final 5 years, lets see what he can really do...

Hopefully some good links to bringing in some decent young players and of course more established professionals

[quote user="iron_stan"]finally!!!

he will be the next manager
[/quote]

But why is it always an internal appointment, you''d think they''d have a look at what is out there but no, sack the manager and everyone shuffle up one place and start your new jobs, the boards got no idea how to run a football club, they should let someone who''s had the experience of getting Accrington Stanley into the Champions League on a budget of pennies take over.

So lets get this straight we are all happy having a manager and a coaching team with NO experience on how to manage a teamin the championship and what it takes to succeed.

Yes MP has experience playing with top players in a top team, this is not what he is walking into at Norwich.

I am underwhelmed to say the least.

Taxi for Adams and McNally

I think they''ve made the best of a bad job, the kit man will only have to unpick one of the letters on his tracksuit, he might just get away with just removing the angular bit on the ''R''.

BUT .. he only said he wanted to help the team return to the PL "where THEY deserve" not "where WE deserve" to be " ...

Don''t hold you hopes up then, he''s clearly not committed to the cause and will be off as soon as a proper position comes along....