Sign in to follow this  
Common Sense

Mickey Quinn and Malk Mackay

Did anyone hear Mickey Quinns comments on Talk Sport that he heard strong indications of the return of Mackay to NCFC ?

How true is conjecture but I wondered if anyone heard the comments in full ?

I''m sorry to say that in my eyes Malky is damaged goods in terms of being a football manager. In a multi cultural game, his antics or "banter" are not acceptable imo - and even if he has no charges to answer, some players - at whatever club - would not be happy with his appointment. Maybe I''ve misread what happened with some of the near to the mark "banter" - but if I have, then so have a lot of other people.   It wasn''t just about Tan as has been made clear.  Whatever the case, he brings too much baggage to a job for it to make sense imo.  

Would rather go for a young up and coming manager as none of the names suggested inspire confidence.  After all that''s why we ended up with Adams in the first place.  

He''s only repeating what he''s heard in the pubs in Newmarket, in the same piece Alan Brazil said Malkay wouldn''t take the Norwich job because McNally had a falling out with Paul Lambert.

As interesting as it is plausible, the rights and wrongs of his actions are however a separate matter.

As mentioned above it seems to me that our Chief Exec is indeed a particularly obstreperous individual who has fashioned and indeed sharpened his reputation to the very sharpest edge.

It''s not unreasonable to think he will have this sort of reputation in the managerial market and it may, just may, be the moot point that''s acted as the invisible hand over our dealings in the last few years.

Now for Malky, it is of course a myth that in our own country we have a freedom of speech, we do not. There have been many cases where our laws have acted against individuals who seek to spread religious hatred and so forth, the more fundamental mosques etc. But and its a big but, Malky''s discussions were private and as mentioned above he is not accountable for them in the eyes of the law.

Granted much of what he said was unacceptable in 21st Century Britain but, being absolutely honest, I''d wager many of us have said or at least thought things ''along those sorts of lines'' at some point or other. Neither does it make any one of us a institutionally racist homophobe, rather it''s better to avoid being overly duplicitous.

Malky will be back in mangagment soon enough, the penalty for his actions will be the merciless barracking he gets from opposition fans but, over time, it will fade.

Would he do a good job for us? I''d say so but I cant see it happening with the directors we have and the personalities involved.

However, one way or the other they absolutely are going to have to appoint a manager with the very best CV for the job and may very well end up regretting not appointing him, pretty much the same as Neil Lennon I''d imagine.

[quote user="Common Sense"]Did anyone hear Mickey Quinns comments on Talk Sport that he heard strong indications of the return of Mackay to NCFC ? How true is conjecture but I wondered if anyone heard the comments in full ?[/quote]

That''s why its known as Talksh1te.

While another one gets on the merry-go-round looking for a club. Which of Mackay at Wigan or Rosler at wherever he ends up will have more success?

Bury - none of us could be "a institutionally racist homophobe" (sic) because we are people, not institutions. However, I''d argue anyone thinking, let alone texting, "fkn chinkys", "not many white faces amongst that lot" or making reference to someone''s Jewish background and their supposed greed for money probably is racist. And not that bright either.

Well I see Malky''s got off to a great start then....At yesterday''s press conference announcing Mackay''s appointment dear old Dave Whelan helpfully countered the local female MP''s concerns with, " she''s not a Wigan lass so she doesn''t understand football but we can try and give her some help ". ( he could have added that almost no one in Wigan understands it either )You couldn''t make it up.