Sign in to follow this  
?

Mark Robson

First-team coach Mark Robson departs role at Canaries

CITY can confirm First Team Coach Mark Robson''s contract has been terminated with immediate effect. The Club would like to thank Mark for his work on behalf of Norwich City and wish him well for the future. First Team Coach Gary Holt will continue to assist Manager Neil Adams and there will be no further comment from the Club at this time.
Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-coach-mark-robson-departs-2073993.aspx#0a2LASJlJaekDiK3.99

[quote user="morty"]

CITY can confirm First Team Coach Mark Robson''s contract has been terminated with immediate effect. The Club would like to thank Mark for his work on behalf of Norwich City and wish him well for the future. First Team Coach Gary Holt will continue to assist Manager Neil Adams and there will be no further comment from the Club at this time.
Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-coach-mark-robson-departs-2073993.aspx#0a2LASJlJaekDiK3.99[/quote]The obvious inference from that is that Adams and Holt are staying in their jobs, at least for a while.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-coach-mark-robson-departs-2073993.aspx#0a2LASJlJaekDiK3.99[/quote]The obvious inference from that is that Adams and Holt are staying in their jobs, at least for a while.[/quote]I would say that would be the case.

I wonder who''ll be his replacement. I hope Adams, the board or the players are not making him a scapegoat and that there is a genuine reason behind his sacking e.g. misconduct. If not, well our problems obviously lie deeper

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-coach-mark-robson-departs-2073993.aspx#0a2LASJlJaekDiK3.99[/quote]The obvious inference from that is that Adams and Holt are staying in their jobs, at least for a while.[/quote]I would say that would be the case.[/quote]Unless (and I have no reason to think this)  there is some non-football issue here - a breach of discipline or suchlike - you would not sack a coach if you were also about to sack the head coach and the manager. Nor would you specifically say the head coach was going to carry on assisting the manager. It will be interesting to see who the replacement is. Someone roughly at Robson''s level, or someone much more experienced.

I think if it were someone with more much more experience he would have already been here at the club, the question is who does Adams know, or will the board decide?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-coach-mark-robson-departs-2073993.aspx#0a2LASJlJaekDiK3.99[/quote]The obvious inference from that is that Adams and Holt are staying in their jobs, at least for a while.[/quote]I would say that would be the case.[/quote]Unless (and I have no reason to think this)  there is some non-football issue here - a breach of discipline or suchlike - you would not sack a coach if you were also about to sack the head coach and the manager. Nor would you specifically say the head coach was going to carry on assisting the manager. It will be interesting to see who the replacement is. Someone roughly at Robson''s level, or someone much more experienced.[/quote]I think it would be extremely easy to write a conspiracy theory into this. I have to admit, this isn''t a scenario I saw coming.I can actually see the sense in it though.

Spot on cheap cheap, action needs taking now before promotion is a pipe dream, sad to see the blue $hite down the road with a squad full of crap and mongrels above is with a manager who knows this division, how they must be laughing at us.....

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Spot on cheap cheap, action needs taking now before promotion is a pipe dream, sad to see the blue $hite down the road with a squad full of crap and mongrels above is with a manager who knows this division, how they must be laughing at us.....[/quote]Yes, Mick must know this division pretty well by now...

'' Contract terminated with immediate effect'' so what happened to the bog standard statement of has left with mutual consent ?

Don''t think he has actually been sacked, his contracts been terminated so surly it''s a mutual agreement, unless gross misconduct e.t.c they can''t jusst terminate a contract with out marks agreement?

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Don''t think he has actually been sacked, his contracts been terminated so surly it''s a mutual agreement, unless gross misconduct e.t.c they can''t jusst terminate a contract with out marks agreement?[/quote]They can, they''d just have to pay his contract in full.  Usually ''mutual consent'' means they''ve agreed a payment which isn''t the whole fee due.

I am now in waiting mode, as I cant see this being the only action. I expect at least one in for the one out.....and expect to see some quality added, something like a Culverhouse or Phelan?

[quote user="morty"]That Hughton fella knew a bit about defences, time to welcome him back into the fold?[/quote]

Should have never have sacked him in the first place, at least he knew how to see out a 1-0 win.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]A pathetic, transparent attempt to appease the fans. Utter, utter shambles.[/quote]

You''re jumping to conclusions. I very much doubt that Robson has been singled out as the cause of our problems. It sounds more to me that he may have had a falling out with Adams or one of the Board, the result of which being there was no choice but to terminate his contract. With regard to Culverhouse, I remember reading allegations that he bullied the Villa players and, if so and assuming he is available, we should bring him in sharpish.

So, wait.Some fans wanted a head on a stick, some didn''t. Some bemoaned that the club would do nothing, some demanded wholesale changes immediately.There are things quite obviously wrong on the pitch, possibly from what is happening in training.Is this really THAT off the wall?Can people see past their prejudices and maybe reason that this has been done for the right reasons?

Absolute JOKE of a decision! It is clear by this that the board are well aware they needed to take action. Unfortunately, they stupidly believe that sacking Robson will placate the fans! Total cop out. Smacks of sacking Steve Foley back in 2006. Worthy was gone 3 months later, Adams can''t be allowed 3 more weeks.