Sign in to follow this  
pete

Is this a cynical ploy by the Board

With the AGM next week is the appointment of MP a ploy by our Board to take of the pressure they may have faced?

First team coach a bit of a comedown would have thought Ass''t Manager a more likely post for MP. Then no surprise when he gets to take over from Adams.

Seems like a very logical move by the Board IMO.The fact that it might have spiked a few guns at the AGM can only be seen as an added bonus from their point of view.I was hoping to be able to report about the blood on the floor but now it might be just a few glasses of beer that were accidentally turned over during the mass applause as Mike Phelan is paraded before the shareholders.Gotta love that McNally, he''s no mug.[Y]vote Fry, vote often.[:D]

Doubtful - we clearly needed to replace Robson and quickly if possible, Phelan is as good an option as we are likely to have, so I can''t really see it as a ''cynical ploy'', more like ''good sense''.

As to him being possibly primed as a replacement should NA not come through, this could well be in the thinking, and why wouldn''t it be.

I love this appointment...BUT, am now expecting a NA supportive quote from MP......great young manager, he has done exceptionally, very happy that he is leading us and I am in a supportive role, blah blah blah......I just know its coming...

I love you Ricardo. In a manly, slap on the back and share a beer with you kinda way, of course.

But which board was behind it. Was it the board of directors or the football executive board? I''m going for the latter. But I guess many will wait to see how it turns out before deciding whose finger prints are all over the appointment...

I''m loving it now with a trio from the hall of fame running the first team. What a great foundation that is for a dynasty to take the club forward. And each of them is a very nice man[;)]

There have been quite a few managerial vacancies since Phelan was booted out of Man U, but nobody had taken a chance on this managerial rookie. Norwich have obviously made this appointment as a short term PR measure to quell dissent in the run up to the AGM, with a view to putting him in overall charge in the near future. We''ll be going from one rookie to another as the best candidates once again slip through our fingers. McNasty is once again fiddling while Rome burns.

The word ''coup'' was used when McNasty got Hughton in from Birmingham. The time to use the word coup will be when Phelan forces Adams out of his job. All that''s happened in that McNasty has given himself breathing space for when Adams eventually departs.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]The board pulled off a coup by signing Mike Phelan and should get a pat on the back for it, not be called cynical ![/quote]How long has he been unemployed for now ?  . Maybe Fulham thought they had pulled off a coup when they got Rene Muelensteen from the same Utd set up , that worked out well didnt it .

Who would you prefer Norwich signed to replace Mark Robson ?It just seems to me that, in some peoples eyes. every decision the board makes is wrong ! 

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]The board pulled off a coup by signing Mike Phelan and should get a pat on the back for it, not be called cynical !
[/quote]

How long has he been unemployed for now ?  . Maybe Fulham thought they had pulled off a coup when they got Rene Muelensteen from the same Utd set up , that worked out well didnt it .
[/quote]

But Fulham appointed Muelensteen as manager, we''ve appointed Phelan as a coach, there''s a world of difference.