Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

This is so reminiscent of 06/07

Kept our best players but completely underachieved. Lots of home draws too.

We don''t have much "bouncebackabillity" do we!?

Adams wasted too much money on Grabban & Lafferty. We desperately need some technical footballers in the centre of the park. Whilst clearly lacking creativity, we don''t look comfortable in possession. Everything is rushed, and the wrong option often chosen.

I''m not convinced this squad is good enough anymore. We do have quality players but there''s too many missing ingredients. Pace at the back, creativity, a player comfortable at the back, and a goalscorer (although given the chance hooper can be that man).

What''s worse though, is that most on here can pick a stronger team than Adams. Today''s starting 11 was baffling. How can BJ play left side of a diamond. Or even worse, how can you play a diamond with with three defensive players and a winger?! The diamond is designed for ball players. This is why it worked so well with Hoolahan, Surman and Fox last time in the championship.

And he''s selection of Grabban shows complete incompetence.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Kept our best players but completely underachieved. Lots of home draws too.

We don''t have much "bouncebackabillity" do we!?

Adams wasted too much money on Grabban & Lafferty. We desperately need some technical footballers in the centre of the park. Whilst clearly lacking creativity, we don''t look comfortable in possession. Everything is rushed, and the wrong option often chosen.

I''m not convinced this squad is good enough anymore. We do have quality players but there''s too many missing ingredients. Pace at the back, creativity, a player comfortable at the back, and a goalscorer (although given the chance hooper can be that man).

What''s worse though, is that most on here can pick a stronger team than Adams. Today''s starting 11 was baffling. How can BJ play left side of a diamond. Or even worse, how can you play a diamond with with three defensive players and a winger?! The diamond is designed for ball players. This is why it worked so well with Hoolahan, Surman and Fox last time in the championship.

And he''s selection of Grabban shows complete incompetence.[/quote]

A player comfortable on the ball, not the back!

the squad is more than good enoughits generally acknowledged from non fans we have a strong squad at this levelthe problem is the manager, and the board for being idiots, which theyve been on multiple occasions

On the point of Grabban & Lafferty.

Grabban has been found out and cannot play with Jerome - he needs a rest and Hooper showed him up today in the 15 minutes he was on the pitch.

The only thing Lafferty brings to the team is yellow cards. Twice today I had to watch a couple of his ''tackles'' from behind a gap in my fingers as there was a collective sucking in of breath from the crowd around me followed by laughter as he somehow avoided punishment.