Sign in to follow this  
Jakesacanary

Mike Phelan.......

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]GET IN

Great news for the club.

Got a sneaky feeling he will be No 1 soon[/quote]Yes i think you can safely assume Adams will have minimal input with the team now on but take 100% of the plaudits if results pick up . Should just have installed Phelan as manager instead of trying to make Adams appear a success .

You have to applaud the Board, they took their time, reviewed the European market and have selected the best man for the job, the Football Management team looks robust and will be the envy of many clubs not only in The Championship but in wider football community. I expect that the forthcoming AGM will give the supporters the opportunity to thank Delia, Michael, Michael, David, Stephen, Alan & Stephan for the excellent way they have lead this football club.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I can imagine it would go something like this:

*phone Rings*

Phelan "Hello?"

Davey Mac "Hello Mike, Its David McNally!"

Phelan "who?"

Mac "David mcNally, Norwich City?"

Phelan "yeh.. i think I remember... "

Mac "Right, basically we would like you to be our new coach.."

Phelan "Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha" *click*

Davey Mac "Hello.... Hello? Mike?"

[/quote]

Taxi for Jas. You look dafter than Wiz right about now mate.

It just goes from bad to worse to be honest, a past it coach, a manager who has never been.

I am just going to accept we will finish mid to lower table that way I won be disappointed by expectation

[quote user="John thaw"]

It just goes from bad to worse to be honest, a past it coach, a manager who has never been.

I am just going to accept we will finish mid to lower table that way I won be disappointed by expectation

[/quote]

Looking on the bright side then JT ! Personally, I''m phelan very good about this appt.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

You have to applaud the Board, they took their time, reviewed the European market and have selected the best man for the job, the Football Management team looks robust and will be the envy of many clubs not only in The Championship but in wider football community. I expect that the forthcoming AGM will give the supporters the opportunity to thank Delia, Michael, Michael, David, Stephen, Alan & Stephan for the excellent way they have lead this football club.

[/quote]

^^^^^^^^

TAXI ![quote user="jas the barclay king"]

why would someone who has won things at one of the biggest clubs in the world, with some of the best players and possibly the greatest manager to have ever worked in the game come here?

oh yeah.. he played for us once...

[/quote]

Hahah! don''t I look a prize plumb about now!

Credit to the club for pulling it off however and it is a bit of a coup for us... it just all needs to work.... if it doesn''t I would suspect Adams will be moved somewhere else in the club and Phelan left in charge

and yes I''m aware he played for us more than once... this is the same as "once, long ago" #Grammarcheck

Curious.  A good appointment on the face of it.  But I do wonder why hasn''t he had a job before now after coaching at one of the biggest clubs  in the world.    Will reserve judgement until we start seeing improvements.

Excellent news, a CV that''s hard to fault.

Perhaps he was waiting for a job that didn''t ultimately come his way back in the summer or, perhaps, he''d taken the Mail Ship to St Helena and wasn''t in Europe and wasn''t contactable either.

Onward and upward

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]agreed.. when we "scoured Europe" why was Phelan not appointed then?[/quote]

Why are quoting something that wasn''t said? #factcheck

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 20/11/2014 11:17 AM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ40-226qwk&list=UUzdkZv6--BWsUQ9rKUtQ1TQ

Thanks for the link, the missing link maybe has arrived.

It looks a very good appointment, not only because of the previous relationship Phelan has had with Norwich, but also with Adams is certainly a good sign. Hopefully onwards and upwards. Personally I didn''t think this would happen having been SAF right hand man at Man U but am very pleased and pleasantly surprised, this can only help Neil and be beneficial for norwich

It would be a nice story though; Neil Adams as manager with two ex city midfielders as assistants. Although it''s a great fairytale, if it doesn''t work then it all just looks a bit sh1t.

No doubt Phelan will be on the phone soon asking Giggsy et al back at Man U for some loan players. Could be a useful connection in this respect. Anyone got any Man U players in mind that they think would be realistic loan targets and which would be helpful to our cause?

I''m pleased with this. I know nothing about how the club was being managed before but my complaints about the team wern''t necessarily tactical or motivational which is the managers job. I feel the team as a whole isn''t fit enough and the technical side of our game has let us down. Maybe a new, more experienced coach can get the players to the top of their game and we should see some improvement.

I''m 100% certain Phelan will be the next permanent Norwich manager but I don''t think Adams has anything to worry about for a while and if we continue to falter between now and Christmas then he has only himself to blame anyway.

This is a great coup, I can''t see how anyone can find any negatives with this

Great news - hope it improves things for us quickly.

And exquisite timing on the announcement too - great job PR team

As everyone has said a brilliant appointment and a good job done by the club.

Despite his pleadings in the quote, I doubt Adams has sought out to bring him in, far more likely McNally and the board have made the decision.

It would appear to be the right one though and lets hope that the holy trinity of Adams, Phelan and Holt work some magic and get the players playing to the levels they are clearly capable of!

Pleased to see Phelan back at the club.  It would be nice to think Norwich can get back to playing successful football with this set-up. However, it''s hard not to view it as a gentle way of easing Adams out as manager, should results continue to be disappointing.

I wonder what Adams'' and Phelan''s respective salaries are?

Interesting scenario for the next few weeks. If results pick up presumably Adams is safe. If they don''t pick up does that mean that Phelan is having no effect in which case could the Board realistically give him the No. 1 job?

No idea if he is the answer but would have liked a complete clear out and gone for Eddie Howe, funny how no one wanted him since the Man U days. Not sure if this is a great move but from his point of view after 18 months on the dole it''s better than stacking shelves at Aldi.

PS Never seemed very involved at Man U apart from feeding Mr Misery chewing gum