Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

January Sales List

We need a CB as good as Bennet or Turner and we need to invest in a LM, we don''t need to lose anyone. that won''t help as it just means we have less options

You can buy who you like but if the tactics and formation are wrong it will have little effect. We have to hope that Phelan can bring about changes that get us performing again.

Good to see Hooper get a chance - he should scores hatful sat this level. Grabban needs too many chances and would definitely be unable to do it at a higher level. The midfield lacks drive and creativity even with Wes. Mid-table currently seems to be the best we can hope for. One win in our home games against the bottom six so far is pathetic.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Hooiveld, cuellar and Whittaker offer us nothing. They are liabilities. It surely has to be miquel next match to partner turner.[/quote]Totally agree with Hooper given chance to start up front, instead of Grabban!

we need a left midfielder - its the one glaring gap and why we have looked so poor with a diamond.

as far as the defence is concerned I remain convinced the players we have ARE good enough - we got promoted with worse defenders than we have on both prior occassions;

what is hugely missing is some leadership and organisation; turner and martin should give that as experienced players - but is clearly lacking. If phelan can bring two season changing influences getting some structure to the back line that is one, the other ensuring we never see the midfield 3 of tettey bj and howson in a woeful diamond again

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think so Jimmy, Martin showing why he''s a RB, had a good game today[/quote]

Sorry Miggins 2 of Brightons goals came from down Martins side today and the 2nd especially was down to Martins constant inability to stop crosses or close players down. He was helped out massively my Redmond on numerous occasions who despite being much slighter of frame showed Martin how to tackle time and time again.

As said in another thread earlier today Martin is much better going forward than he is defending, backed up by his fantastic goal, but defensively he is one of the main reasons we can''t keep a clean sheet against very average sides whether at RB or CB

[quote] Olsson. That is all.

[/quote]

I''ve heard this too from a very reputable source- desparate to move to a london club apparently. Whether we''ll let him go is another matter, but the way he''s been playing this season might just force our hand.