Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Bradley johnson cost us a by shooting

Simply put his decision making is so average and appalling

When brighton made the mistake and we had 3 on 1 he decided to shoot when the keeper could make the save.

Square it to grabban (even with my lack of trust of him) or Jerome and the chances of scoring were greater in fact almost guaranteed.

That was the chance and a good player and a good team take those. In those key moments you take them, certainly like that in the prem and in the championship.

That highlights the average players and we should no the scale of the situation and that the chance of scoring was greater if he passed it.

Simply put that was the point in the game when we go up and Coast or as we found struggle to hold on to the much needed extra 2 points.

Although I see what you mean, this result is not just because of him. Yes he should''ve squared it, yes he should''ve made better decisions, but thats him. Neil knows this and he knows what BJ is all about, we all know what we get from him.

Other players had other chance (Jerome had a few) Grabban could''ve had one, Howson came close. The fact is, with our quality we shouldn''t be conceding 3 goals to a Brighton team who haven''t won in 10 games. This is down to the shape, organisation - tactics of the team, you can blame BJ for it, but there''s a much bigger part of the jigsaw to figure out (and it''s actually not that hard to figure out)

Ridiculous to single out one player! Most of the players are making bad decisions and not doing their jobs properly for 90 mins, I think phelan will make a big difference with his experience.

Mrs miggns

I agree not totally cost us but if we look at the chance and of ease of the chances this was the chance

These players have to think the best chance, how to use the ball well and a three on one you make the right choice that has the best chance to score, even if it is passing.

Those are the chances and decisions you have to get right

I was one of his biggest detractors at prem level but at this level hes alright. There are certainly bigger areas of concern for me.

smooth you can''t expect bradley to be making the right decision there. He''s a defensive midfielder and should be used as such, not a box to box player. As we only should really need one defensive mid in our team it then pushes him forward. If that was Howson, Wes, O'' Neil then that ball is squared, but as it''s bradley Johnson, what can we expect? This may sound like i''m being harsh on him, but really i''m criticising Adams on this. BJ is a very solid defensive midfielder in the championship (however if we do go up he shouldn''t be in the first team)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I was one of his biggest detractors at prem level but at this level hes alright. There are certainly bigger areas of concern for me.[/quote]

If he is alright at this level, he''s being badly managed then. What is his job on the pitch anyway?   Does he have a set role or is he being played just as a general midfielder?   Because whenever I have watched him he tries to get forwards too much then there are gaps left at the back, with Tettey trying to cover too big an area.  He is not good enough an attacking midfielder to play the free role he appears to have now imo.   He needs strict instructions as to what his role is and then he ought to stick to it.    Preferably to stay as a defensive midfielder and patrol the area in front of the defence, giving short passes that he can concentrate on getting right.   Simple job that would give shape and control to the team. 

I shuddered a bit when I saw the midfield today - Tettey Johnson Howson.  This midfield three failed to create enough last season - and the previous season.   Two and a half seasons and we still have the same midfield three.  Where is the progression???

Where is the balance would be my question?Having seen off Surman, Pilks and loaned out Bennett we''re left with a very one-dimensional midfield. Johnson often found himself as a left winger, which is frankly bizarre. You can see how focussed around Hoolahan the team clearly was.

[quote user="shaunieboy77"]one of the worst players to play for ncfc. How he has racked up so many appearances is beyond me.[/quote]Well, this sounds entirely reasonable.  (HEAVY SARCASM)I too initally thought he should have squared it - but I think if he had then it might have been offside as all 3 players looked like they were ahead of the last man?Was a bit silly him getting sent off when he was walking a tightrope, but otherwise, he had a good game.  He''s not the reason why we are missing 2 additional points right now.

highland is rightbutjohnson is a bit of a toolbut if i was the opposition manager, and id seen norwich start a game at home with three centre mids and 2 strikers i would have been laughing my @r53 offno wingers, two strikers = no width. all you have to do is handle redmond and you basically shut down the game, plus you know youre going to get success going forward down the flanks because of how narrow your opponents are

i want two strikers, its great, but they need feeding from wingers putting balls into the box

Johnson is my main scapegoat for the last 2-3 seasons.

His decision making is awful, as proven today in the incident where he shot instead of squaring for Grabban.

Buit it is also not about the chances he is destroying, it is also his appaling passing, slow pedestran style, lack of pace, etc. The total package is just not good enough.

He and Tettey are too similar as players. Both are safety first players, but Tettey is imho a little bit better, even though he is also slowing down play way too much.

Grabban and Jerome are both off form, but when you see the poor service they get, it is understandable.

The chances they get are often semi-chances, rarely clearcut, and as such, the team struggle for goals.

Johnson is imho also a liability defensively because he is so slow. Add to it our slow central defence, all you need to do to beat NCFC is put a quick man in offensive midfield, feed him balls to his feet, and he will run us ragged on the counter, as LuaLua did today.

Since supporters and probably management expect NCFC to boss games, even though we clearly do not have the player material to boss anything, teams will get away from Carrow Road doing the same simple tactics every time.

Just stay back, wait for Johnson or Tettey to mess up their passing, and hit on the break with pace, exposing Turner and other slowfoxes.

Works a treat everytime, and Adams is tactically so naive that he can not see it.

We are doomed to maximum midtable, unless Adams is sacked, and at least 2 new midfielders arrives in January, alongside a quick central defender and a striker with a decent frame on him.

Johnson played alright although out on the left, he still came inside and made some crucial tackles.

The incident in question is not why we lost. Regardless it was a good shot and save.

Now, hes been a consistent figure in our team under Lambert, Hughton and now adams. And the coaching teams behind them.

Im inclined to think that between the 3 of them they''re more likely to be right than anyone on here.

This worst ncfc player BS is pathetic. Its also interesting that whenever he does get dropped, we never improve and he ends up back in the team.

I am definitely not a BJ fan but hes not hepled by the management.  Where the hell was he supposed to be playing today?!  Spent dawdling about in the centre circle occupying exactly the same position as Tettey and leaving Olsson completely exposed down the left.  For a "hard man" he barely tackles and when he does its a foul.  Clean through on goal and panicking into a shot straight at the keeper from 25 yards is unforgiveable.For all the Hoolahan on the left detractors.....what exactly is the difference?! At least with Hoolahan wed have a bit of creativity.