Sign in to follow this  
city4eva

Hooivled at fault

Dire first half has to be down to Adams

Hooiveld at fault for the 2nd and 3rd goal

A game we should have got 3 points from

maybe not - turner slow for the cross for the first - olsson weak for the header

for the second martin stood and watched the player for a while, before howson took a stab at the same job and equally failed to get near the ball as both watched a free shot equalise.

hooiveld at fault for the third without a doubt.

I would say turner had one of his worst games and hooiveld was the better of the two overall - not great, just a bit better

I said on another thread this week that allowing Pilkington to leave was a bad decision........

but allowing Bassong to leave to a rival club in this league and then replacing him with this complete and utter carthorse is right at the top of the list

McNally out..........

Unfortunately he does look a bit of a donkey but was no worse than the rest of the side defensively.  Every time we lost the ball we look completely open.  Its been the same for a couple of seasons but how on Earth do we allow players to run straight down the centre of the pitch?! With BJ effectively playing in the exact same space as Tetty defensively, we had 3 CMs and yet there was a good 40 yards of space to run into down the middle of the pitch!!

Turners been poor for a number of weeks now. Wasnt Cuellar decent vs Forest tho and he was dropped today. Miquel has been a great signing too. Olsson is being picked on last years form.

When We signed Olsson I had a look at the Blackburn forum and they seemed to think he was awful for them while they were in the championship, his performances apparently signicantly improved when they pushed him further upfield. Maybe he''s just one of those players who doesn''t suit the championship for one reason or another, despite me rating more highly in general I can''t help feeling we looked better with Garrido in the side.

Hopefully R.Bennett will also be fit enough to start soon.

Don''t know how Hooiveld was guilty of the second goal. Perhaps you saw an other game? Thought penalty was a little too much given but he should have taken the man before...

First halve he played a good game

Clearly the penalty was his fault but I won''t be holding that against him too much - central defenders give away the odd penalty, it happens.

Obviously the first and second goal have come from the right side of our defence, I suspect Whittaker would have come in for a bit more criticism had he been playing at right back.

And overall the defence was poor, that includes Ruddy too. Unfortunately he doesn''t look like saving anything at the moment.

So who would you pick in defence?

I thought I heard that Cuellar had a good game the other week and then he''s dropped. Why?

Olson has been going through a bad spell and needs resting, so Garrido can come in.

Turner, the linchpin of our defence has not been his usual reliable self, so he either needs a rocket from the management or resting. Miguel could be given a chance but hopefully he has some pace, as not many of our defence has.

Ruddy looks a shadow of the player from earlier in the season, so again he either needs a rocket or resting. The trouble is I''m not sure if our replacements are any better.

My defence would be

Ruddy

Martin Turner. Cellar. Garrido

although I''m not totally confident on that one either. I''m hoping Ryan Bennett is back soon, as once he is fit, I think he could take over from Turner with either Cuellar or Miguel alongside him.

We have to start getting some clean sheets and much better organisation at the back, with better protection from central midfield ie Tettey and O''Neil. So who is in charge of this? Holt and Adams up to now? Obviously need to get their act together. Now we have Phelan so I hope he can sort us out. If he can''t, who will?