Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

What a fraud Adams must feel.

It appears to me that the board of NCFC will do anything so as not to have to concede that their decision to appoint Adams was atrocious.

Today, he stood with Holt for most of the game and they looked quite clueless for the most part. Moreover, their silence was supplemented by facial expressions and body language which would motivate nobody. It looked like Wednesday and the arrival of their saviour could not get here quickly enough.

Which gets me to the subject of Phelan and how the management structure will work. Clearly, Adams has demonstrated that he does not have a clue about managing at this (or any other level),

after all, why should he. So where does the man who has been brought in to take charge of the situation, stand in relation to Adams? Does he take strategy from Adams and instil it on the training ground? Or does Adams just keep the hell out of it? If so, why will the board not just admit they dropped a big one and move him out?

I am totally gutted by this astonishing series of decisions and feel for the 24000 or so supporters who turn up at Carrow Road each game. Not to mention the sacrifices of our away contingent. And for all of us, the club has allowed our very favourable position at the start of this year to be destroyed by pig-headed decisions. Legitimate expectations of a top two finish have already been watered down to a play-off place and we shall soon have dropped enough home points to render that unlikely.

And now, instead of taking strong action, we have replaced the coach, a measure which will buy time before we eventually bite the bullet when its too late. Will they ever learn?

Spot on. Although Nutty Nigel will soon be along trying to pick a fight with anyone of the opinion that all is not rosey in the corridors at Carrow Road.

We are 5 points off 2nd place and 8 off the top, I don''t think that

" Legitimate expectations of a top two finish have already been watered down to a play-off place and we shall soon have dropped enough home points to render that unlikely"

is a reasonable statement at this point in time.

That we are still in touch is down to the start we had. A purple patch, a honeymoon period for Adams, call it what you will but the facts are that we have settled down into a prolonged period of highly mediocre football and unless the trend is quickly reversed, it will be too late. Our very best chance of a Prem. return will have been wilfully wasted.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]We are 5 points off 2nd place and 8 off the top, I don''t think that

" Legitimate expectations of a top two finish have already been watered down to a play-off place and we shall soon have dropped enough home points to render that unlikely"

is a reasonable statement at this point in time.[/quote]That must be strong ganja you''re growing at your allotment.

This season there is absolutely no excuse for carrying on with Adams. Last season, there was always a side to the argument that Hughton had something of a track record and would come good in time. Obviously, Adams has no such record so why should we think he will turn things round? Watching him recently and especially today, clueless was the only word that came to mind.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Certainly strong enough to stop me peeing in my pants and calling for resignations and sackings like the rest of you muppets.[/quote]Well I''m not peeing my pants as it''s been obvious for ages that we wouldn''t get promotion. The problems go to the very top and resignations/sackings in that area seem like the only way for the club to go forward. The football has mostly been dire for 20 years or so, so people calling for boardroom change aren''t exactly displaying a kneejerk response.

Soo funny JF! Who are you going to pal up with next? I''d do a bit of homework next time. I hate to post in the same manner as you but you really are about as sharp as a marble....

I still think complacency is the main problem. Our excellent start infected the team with a veneer of self-confidence which, once opposition teams started hatching cunning plans to thwart our swash buckling approach, cracked like a coat of french polish on a dirty commode. We stopped scoring lucky goals too.

All I see now is a sort of nervous bravado, attempts at inappropriate tricks at the wrong time & the wrong place, standing off nippy opponents, no urgency & no flair. The defending for their second goal was absolutely typical & totally abysmal.

I don''t know if this is all down to Adams, but it''s his job to rectify it. They need a good kick up their collective jacksie.

I sit near the dug out and must admit I picked up on the body language of Adams during the game. He just stood there expressionless most of the time, blank, staring ahead like a rabbit starring into the headlights not knowing what to do about what was going on in front of him. Holt was abit more animated at times but Neil had a look of resignation on his face perhaps knowing what fate may befall him shortly. Certainly not what I expected for a man fighting for his job.

A bit harsh to call him a fraud though. He was offered the job, and accepted it as the vast majority of us would have in the belief he could have a damn good crack at it, especially with the players and resources at his disposal. It seems however both the unnecessary gamble to appoint him has backfired and adams own skills are not yet at the level they need to be to manage a championship side.

He had the look of a dead man walking yesterday, sad to see and so unnecessary as he shouldn''t have been given the job.

Last season in the premiership we had unrealistic expectations of our players, manager and coaches and against the teams we were pitting our wits against, this season we rightly have much higher expectations with the players we have at this level, and the financial resources available compared to the vast majority of our opponents, yet we are falling well short, some of this can be levelled at the overpaid players and the ''I''m to good to play at this level'' ego''s that go with it, but the majority is due to the tactics, team selections, and formations decided upon by the management team. Mike Phelan is a very welcome addition but to expect him to make the necessary changes on his own whilst Neil is still in situ is Maybe unrealistic and think they will have to be other changes sooner rather than later to get our season back on track.

It is all very frustrating, and I am sure he will be struggling mentally right now, I feel for him to be honest.

BUT.......he should take a big decision for his own well being within the next few days and........speak to his wife, family and friends and then resign....that would be big of him and would, I feel, gain the respect of many of us.

Perhaps there is a way of creating a role for him that would keep him at the club because up to this point he has clearly done very well, just failing at the main and crucial job.....because it cannot be easy when you simply have NO experience.

He needs to move on, as having a big hitter like Phelan on board will only undermine him anyway and he will end up on the end of an unpleasant departure......as a result of Mike Phelan wanting to bring in more quality.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]It appears to me that the board of NCFC will do anything so as not to have to concede that their decision to appoint Adams was atrocious.

Today, he stood with Holt for most of the game and they looked quite clueless for the most part. Moreover, their silence was supplemented by facial expressions and body language which would motivate nobody. It looked like Wednesday and the arrival of their saviour could not get here quickly enough.

Which gets me to the subject of Phelan and how the management structure will work. Clearly, Adams has demonstrated that he does not have a clue about managing at this (or any other level),

after all, why should he. So where does the man who has been brought in to take charge of the situation, stand in relation to Adams? Does he take strategy from Adams and instil it on the training ground? Or does Adams just keep the hell out of it? If so, why will the board not just admit they dropped a big one and move him out?

I am totally gutted by this astonishing series of decisions and feel for the 24000 or so supporters who turn up at Carrow Road each game. Not to mention the sacrifices of our away contingent. And for all of us, the club has allowed our very favourable position at the start of this year to be destroyed by pig-headed decisions. Legitimate expectations of a top two finish have already been watered down to a play-off place and we shall soon have dropped enough home points to render that unlikely.

And now, instead of taking strong action, we have replaced the coach, a measure which will buy time before we eventually bite the bullet when its too late. Will they ever learn?[/quote]You are Glenn Roeder and I claim my £10.

Oh dear. So predictable. All the usual yellow-tinted happy clapping merchants out in force defending the board /Adams to the hilt, despite the mountain of evidence that the decision to hire Adams was ridiculous and that he''s totally out of his depth.It''s when I read threads like this that I know I''ve done the right thing by largely stepping away from contributing to this nonsensical forum.

Nice to see the pant wetting, one tooth, sister loving brigade are out

Worry we didn''t lose and make you really happy yesterday, but you are doing a great job in not supporting the team. Regardless of what manager we have you guys never disappoint.

Now, the cows need milking, so off you pop.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Oh dear. So predictable. All the usual yellow-tinted happy clapping merchants out in force defending the board /Adams to the hilt, despite the mountain of evidence that the decision to hire Adams was ridiculous and that he''s totally out of his depth.It''s when I read threads like this that I know I''ve done the right thing by largely stepping away from contributing to this nonsensical forum.[/quote]

Making a mountain out of (not even a) molehill!

Of cause he won''t. He wouldn''t have got a managers job at any other club in any pro league in the country other than ours.

The problem Adams has got is that even if we are successful from now on in, the credit will go to Phelan, not Adams.  If we don''t improve his position will be untenable, if we improve it will be down to the new man brought in.   I genuinely wish we weren''t in this situation with NA, because the idea seemed to have some worth at first, but his position is now very difficult.   Get promotion and all will be forgiven, but its a big ask.

Thats right LDC. The board have got themselves in a really trick position with this Phelan appointment. If we fail to beat Reading then Adams will get the bullet. Where does that leave Phelan and our search for a new manager? We either have to give Phelan the job, who has never managed or pay his contract off after one week of work. The chances of employing another manager and telling them that Phelan has to be their assistant is slim as they tend to stick with their own backroom teams.

[quote user="lake district canary"].   Get promotion and all will be forgiven, but its a big ask.

[/quote]Whilst, of course, you can never say never, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that poor results in the next 4 games up to Xmas could render it virtually impossible to gain one of the automatic two spots, Lakey.  But I guess we could be on the fringes, at least , of the play offs for some time yet.So, what haul from the , Reading, Wigan, Huddersfield and Derby games would you say is needed to keep the pressure off Adams ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"].   Get promotion and all will be forgiven, but its a big ask.[/quote]Whilst, of course, you can never say never, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that poor results in the next 4 games up to Xmas could render it virtually impossible to gain one of the automatic two spots, Lakey.  But I guess we could be on the fringes, at least , of the play offs for some time yet.So, what haul from the , Reading, Wigan, Huddersfield and Derby games would you say is needed to keep the pressure off Adams ?[/quote]

8/12 points.  Home wins and away draws is the only acceptable minimum return to boost our flagging chances of challenging for anything this season. Anything less in terms of points and/or defeats combined with poor looking performances - and we are going to struggle to make the play offs - hardly what we wanted for this season, but it could still yield promotion........so all is not lost.......but as I said, its going to be a big ask - and if we lose more than one of these matches, he will be gone imo.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"].   Get promotion and all will be forgiven, but its a big ask.

[/quote]Whilst, of course, you can never say never, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that poor results in the next 4 games up to Xmas could render it virtually impossible to gain one of the automatic two spots, Lakey.  But I guess we could be on the fringes, at least , of the play offs for some time yet.So, what haul from the , Reading, Wigan, Huddersfield and Derby games would you say is needed to keep the pressure off Adams ?[/quote]

The pressure will not be off him, he will be under pressure as long as he has the job.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Not the pressure he''s talking about.[/quote]Quite, GtG. He knows damn well what I meant, but has to make a smart@rse comment, of course.Thanks for your reasoned reply, Lakey. I''m pretty much in agreement with that. I''d perhaps go a stage further. Defeat or a dismal draw v Reading, and he''s gone imo. And, as you say, then what ?

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Make of it what you will but we have the same points now as we did at this exact stage under Lambert last time we were in this league.[/quote]I''d suggest Lambert had an average squad over-achieving, and Adams has the opposite.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Make of it what you will but we have the same points now as we did at this exact stage under Lambert last time we were in this league.[/quote]I''d suggest Lambert had an average squad over-achieving, and Adams has the opposite.[/quote]

Totally agree with that Bor