Sign in to follow this  
Maccys Back

whats happening in the training sessions

Today followed the same pattern as many of our games this season, week in week out we are doubling the shots ON goal that our opposition are having yet were losing or drawing the games.

FFS NEIL PLEASE START INCREASING OUR SHOOTING PRACTISE ASAP!!!

It looked pretty poor for Adams that, despite an international break to reflect and adjust, the major flaws of the past few months (lack of urgency, sloppy defending and wastefulness in front of goal) hadn''t been addressed.

He doesn''t know how to fix things (unsurprising as he''s never managed a club in November before let alone for a full season).

Why are we letting him cut his teeth with us in this crucial season?

What other club would hire a manager with NO wins in his career after 3 seasons in the Premiership? Bonkers.

I expect that they will have a bit of a warm up, may be a jog around the whole training ground once our twice, followed by some dynamic stretches to make sure all the muscles are loose and help reduce the risk of injury. After that they will probably do some drills that involve footballs and running around areas marked out with cones or those thin poles that they can stick into the ground. By this point the ''keepers will have probably gone off in a group to work on the particular skill set required to be successful in their chosen position. Once this is done they will then probably reform as a group and more than likely either work on defending and attacking set plays, practice particular match scenarios or have a bit of a practice match. All of this will be done whilst wearing those sill sports-bra things that we see all professionals modelling nowadays. Of course if you wanted to be sure you could always head down to Colney for 9am to see what they''re up to. I hope this answers your question as to what they do in training. [:D]

As proved yesterday shooting practice isn''t the problem. Hopefully Phelan brings his bumper book of "tactics, formations and how to use players in their best positions" for Neil to read. The "how to organise a defence so they stop giving away easy goals" manual is also a must.

[quote user="Maccys Back"]I gathered that DDD, otherwise i.b.t probably would of remembered to include it in his comprehensive list of probably''s[/quote]Like I said if you want to know what''s going on in training it''s probably a good idea to go and watch it. I imaging that it shouldn''t be too much of a problem for you as you''ve probably got too much time on you hands. [;)]

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]It looked pretty poor for Adams that, despite an international break to reflect and adjust, the major flaws of the past few months (lack of urgency, sloppy defending and wastefulness in front of goal) hadn''t been addressed.

He doesn''t know how to fix things (unsurprising as he''s never managed a club in November before let alone for a full season).

Exactly what I thought watching the game yesterday CC and also others earlier in the season. The issues and flaws have been there to see for all, Adams has even admitted as much, yet he seems to have the inability, experience, tactical knowledge and training methodology to do anything to change it. As you say 2 weeks to put the failings right but absolutely no improvement yesterday, in fact it was even worse, it was almost as though the players had just been told to go out and see what happens ! No shape, or structure in attack or defense. Everyone expected Neil to make mistakes due to his inexperience, his true worth or potential was always going to be how and what he did to address these, unfortunately what is becoming apparently clear is that he and his team does know or simply don''t have the ability to put it right and that''s why change is needed. Phelan is a start but I have a feeling more than this is needed.

Why are we letting him cut his teeth with us in this crucial season?

What other club would hire a manager with NO wins in his career after 3 seasons in the Premiership? Bonkers.[/quote]

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Quite clearly they aren''t practicing corners, yet again over 50% didn''t clear the first man[/quote]

Maybe the do practise them, worryingly that might be an improvement on what would happen if they didn''t.

I hear that last weekend we had a "behind closed doors" game against Scunthorpe for players that were not on International duty. I don''t know the actual team or the result but I do have it on good authority that none of our fringe players, who could taken the opportunity to move themselves up the pecking order, sparkled and that many of the Scunthorpe players looked more up for it & technically better than most of our players on show.

Just looked at Russell Martin''s comments after the game.  "Look at the top teams at the moment - they are winning ugly, getting ahead and shutting up shop, perhaps we could look at that, have a chat about it".  

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!