Sign in to follow this  
shaunieboy77

Hoopers goal

It was a well taken goal. He seemed to get a dodgy ball under control really quickly and then get the shot away in an instant.Perhaps he might stay?

Showed exactly why he should be starting week in week out. Clinical finish from a proven goal scorer. How Grabban gets to start beggars belief.....

Up to that point Hooper had shown little to suggest he ought to be starting ahead of those picked...that is, unless you think being injured up to September, declaring himself unfit and playing a couple of iffy u-21 games means he''s been ready and raring to go?

I still think that if you gave Hooper, Grabben and Jerome five chances each Hooper would score the most as he is a better quality forward.

As I said in my report, it was a goal only Hooper could score. The other strikers have different qualities but none of them are capable of scoring a goal like that.

It was at least a relief to see that there is some life in Hooper yet. I hope him and Jerome get to play together next match and we back to 4-4-2. Jerome works hard enough to support a midfield two.

I want to see Adams try a Hooper/Jerome strike partnership on Saturday. The Jerome/Grabban, Jerome/Lafferty and Grabban/Lafferty strike partnerships don''t seem to work and I have big belief Hooper can do well this season. He did brilliant for Celtic and when he was playing for them I reckon he was playing round about this level.

Of course following this logic the fact Russell Martin scored an even better goal on Saturday would suggest he should be playing up front on Saturday. Personally on Saturday I''d be playing a 4-5-1 with Lafferty up front, Murphy and Redmond on the wings with Hooper coming on for one of our 3 midfielders in the second half. I don''t think Hooper''s contribution in games to date this season has been enough to warrant losing a number in midfield and he isn''t capable of playing a lone striker role. He lacks the physical presence of Lafferty, Jerome and Grabban and for that reason is likely to struggle to find a consistent starting place or a club willing to pay the high wages and £5m transfer fee Norwich will likely want for his signature.

I don''t think people really understand gary hooper is a finisher, it''s what he does. He hangs around the box most of the game waiting for those type of chances.

Grabban may cover 2/3 times the ground chasing loose ends but Id much rather have hooper waiting to stick chances in the net