Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Fans booing the team off

We draw 3-3, Martin scores goal if the season (probably), Adams gambles with positive subs and gets a point, and some fans still boo the team off the pitch.

Sometimes I am ashamed of some of our "supporters".

And so they should, I''m glad that people are actually getting fed up and booing what was a very winnable home game.

Hopefully if enough people do it then the board may admit to the mistake of putting a radio presenter in charge of the first team, eat a bit of humble pie and put someone in charge who has actually done the job.

It''s the only real way to voice displeasure at a game.

You may be ashamed Bor but I have been watching NCFC (probably like you) for the past 53 years and I do not recall a much worse performance, compounded by the utter rubbish we have endured over the last few games.The overall Management both before and during this game was non existent and this cannot be excused by a couple of ''highlights''.On top of this Brighton are a very ordinary side (much like the recent others that we have struggled against) and we show no sign of improvement. Just like we (praise when it is due) these guys earn outstanding salaries funded (in part) by inflated admission prices and just like other aspects of life where we are short changed we have every right to protest!

Knew some happy clapping c**t would come up with this drivel. The boo''s are more than justified for the continual under achivement being witnessed at Carrow Road. Quite frankly if a few boo''s at the end is all the dissatisfaction the supporters showed today then Adams and in particular the board are getting off lightly once again. Thank god a few of our fans don''t have such low expectations as the OP.

Bor Bor Bor - regular crown critic. Get a life mate.

The crowd had every right to express their frustration.

For me our manager showed all that is/was wrong in appointing him. What crowned it was the stupid substitution before their free kick . O''Neill should have started the game but taking Jerome off was sheer madness.

The match played out as most home games have.

It looks as if the oppo are very poor but gradually they and their fans think ''we can get something out of this game'' and sure enough they do.

Of course for you I''m not a supporter for daring to criticise - well tough!!

Perhaps Phelan will bring something to the team but its a strange appointment. Despite what some have said I''m not so sure he is the manager in waiting should the board surprise us all by potting Adams.

All very strange

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]We draw 3-3, Martin scores goal if the season (probably), Adams gambles with positive subs and gets a point, and some fans still boo the team off the pitch.

Sometimes I am ashamed of some of our "supporters".[/quote]

only thing i''m ashamed of is your lack of aspiration. We managed by a clueless joker and as we slip to our 8th winless game out of 9 you expect me to cheer. I booed and i''m proud of it - i want the board to know i am not happy with Adams

I will point out something that sums up why Adams has to go - we were losing, we had a corner and our players WALKED to the penalty area. No fire no passion - total RUBBISH

should be happy with a point against a struggling side who have an awfull away record. more points thrown away at home.

Its not December yet and by dropping points at home to most of the poor sides in the league the chances of promotion are fast vanishing down the drain , too many fans nowadays who just want to applaud anything this club throws at them . Adams should never have got the job , he is doing worse than even his greatest supporters could have feared , he should have been sacked weeks ago , he should be sacked this weekend and the sooner Delia does one the better .

well the OP can f*** right off.......if we''re to all believe that a 3-3 draw at home to a dreadful team like Brighton is acceptable than sadly we''ll be i this league for another decade to come.

The team isnt playing well (1 win 9)...its being misdirected by an amautuer coaching team...who were employed by an amautuer board of directors.

I''m glad I and we are voicing our displeasure now, when we can see the club is rotten and a change needs to be made whilst there is still a very outside chance of promotion before its too late.

The consquences of indecisiveness are there for all to see from last season.

I still maintain ,the best squad in the league.....but comfortable the weakest management team.....unforgivable

After a great start to the season we are now 10th. 2 weeks ago we lost to Forest after dominating the game, a team that had worse statistics than us. Today we played a team just above the bottom 4, again who had only won one in ten!!Yes, I''d think all fans think we are now underachieving. After all, fans pay a hell of a lot to watch these games. Aren''t they entitled to complain if the team underperform (and we aren''t talking about one game now!)

I agree with Bor. How dare the fans boo the players, it''s not as if they paid good money to sit and watch absolute drivel being served up week after week. Just where do they get off thinking they have a right to give their opinion?!! Call themselves fans indeed!? Anyone who voices anything negative about Neil Adams, Delia, Winnie, McNally or any member of the first team squad should be ashamed to call themselves a Norwich City fan. A good fan must suffer in silence, if you don''t it means you''re a binner.

I don''t mind admitting that I booed today.

I am part of a very loyal fanbase who turn up week after week and, as a previous post has said, we pay good money for entertainment and success.

The decisions made by this board are either the wrong ones (and not even in hindsight) or timed so badly it''s unreal.

This is a unique time in our history - a good squad, debt-free, parachute cash, one of the favourites to go up and the club is inflicting death by a thousand cuts on us.

We managed to sleepwalk to relegation last season and now we are on course for mid-table stagnation. 1 win in 9 games (and we were hanging on at the end of that) is not a blip. It is relegation form. The bottom two clubs have the same number of wins over this period.

So, I booed at the end of the match in frustration at another lost 2 points and another nail in the coffin of this season.

Maybe if we stopped being so tolerant and ''nice'' about what is happening and let the board know how we feel, then they might do something about it.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]I don''t mind admitting that I booed today.

I am part of a very loyal fanbase who turn up week after week and, as a previous post has said, we pay good money for entertainment and success.

The decisions made by this board are either the wrong ones (and not even in hindsight) or timed so badly it''s unreal.

This is a unique time in our history - a good squad, debt-free, parachute cash, one of the favourites to go up and the club is inflicting death by a thousand cuts on us.

We managed to sleepwalk to relegation last season and now we are on course for mid-table stagnation. 1 win in 9 games (and we were hanging on at the end of that) is not a blip. It is relegation form. The bottom two clubs have the same number of wins over this period.

So, I booed at the end of the match in frustration at another lost 2 points and another nail in the coffin of this season.

Maybe if we stopped being so tolerant and ''nice'' about what is happening and let the board know how we feel, then they might do something about it.[/quote] very much this

Also, positive subs? What did you expect him to do? Chuck on a couple of defenders? Maybe if he hadn''t started with such a woeful line up he wouldn''t have had to make desperate subs in the first place!? Maybe if Adams had half a brain and actually given Hooper a looooonng overdue start instead of persisting with the god awful Grabban he wouldn''t have had to throw him on to ironically and unfortunately probably save his job! Can''t decide if the OP is on another one of his wind ups, or if he''s just a full on happy clapping retard.

Booed. I would have done if I could be arsed to sit it through until the end.10-15mins of passion from the players out of 90, 1st half was soooo boring, 1st 10 mins of the second half were better after an obvious bollocking.Another bit of experience gained by Adams, defense must be high up on priorities now.

Adams said "Hoopers been pushing hard for a start etc". I find if amazing that the way Grabban has played all season, i mean that first touch, woah, that Hooper didnt warrant a start a couple of weeks ago, even today is baffling. Look what Grabban did today...... nothing, then Hooper comes on and shows what a finisher he is.

Its all well and good being positive but you cant keep clapping naive performances, poor defending, bad subs and consistantly picking the wrong team week after week.

How Johnson & Grabban are starting is beyond me.

I would be interested in your view Jenkins as we tend to hold a different perspective on these matters. If Ricardo is correct in his assertion that it is only when the crowd ''turns'' that a manager is dethroned. In such circumstances, I would have thought that it is not only ithe crowd''s right, but indeed its responsibility to express incredulity about the current manager?

It''s the lack of passion that''s most concerning for me at the moment. As said earlier in the thread, players walking forward for corners, too many times players leaving a header for someone else and leaving teammates isolated with no options.

The booing was just a sign of the rot that''s set in. There''s been no improvement. Yes we''ve scored some goals again but also let in 3 to one of the worst attacking teams in the league.

In the pre match interview, Adams spoke about what they''d worked on over the last 2 weeks so can only assume he''s lost the dressing room as they didn''t do anything he mentioned.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I would be interested in your view Jenkins as we tend to hold a different perspective on these matters. If Ricardo is correct in his assertion that it is only when the crowd ''turns'' that a manager is dethroned. In such circumstances, I would have thought that it is not only ithe crowd''s right, but indeed its responsibility to express incredulity about the current manager?[/quote]It is indeed the crowds right but we have not reached that position yet. It''s more frustration than anything at the moment. We have done more than enough to win all of those games but can''t seem to nail it. It''s not like Hughton where we looked poor nearly all the time.If the crowd turn, everyone will know it. It hasn''t yet.

Agreed Ricardo. I suspect it would only be after a January fire sale and further slippage towards the relegation zone that the crowd will definitively turn. Our home crowd is very patient. Anyway, should make for a lively AGM this week.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Did you miss our last goal then?[/quote]Yes I saw the last goal.Hooper took it well and just needs to start soon.The thing is that Adams is starting to make Houghton look good.

I didn''t boo the players off Highland but I think the fans have every right to boo at the end of the game if they wish.

I agree with Ricardo that when the whole ground turns, as happened with Hughton, something will be done by the Board.

There is not enough venom in the ground for that to happen at the moment, if we get beaten next week then I think it will change.

My personal view is that Neil should have gone after the last game and I really hope he walks before the crowd turn on him.

I was hoping for top six as a minimum this season and with the way our away form is and our inability to finish teams off at home then we will be lucky to finish top half.

I decided a couple of weeks ago that i couldn''t be bothered to go, only plus point I saved the £70 quid it would have cost, unfortunately got Reading tickets so expect another apalling performance.

However I never boo as I am too upset from a poor perfomance to react. But everyone who has paid his hard earned has the right to express themselves as they see fit.

It only took the crowds reaction at end of West Brom game for the Board to finally get rid of Hughton. We need the same passion to get the Board to act again hopefully in the short term.

Adams doesn''t seem to know what tactics to mploy. But 2 defensive midfielders at home and playing with strikers who cannot play together and a defence that cannot defend are just disastrous decisions from our manager. Get rid soonest.