Sign in to follow this  
The Polar Bears Made Me Do It

Motion to re-appoint Stephen Fry as a director

I am plainly missing something here. After a season in which we got relegated, posters want a protest vote* against one non-executive director on the basis that he either he doesn''t bring much to discussions or we just don''t know whether he does or not, but not a protest vote against the CEO/executive director who is the football expert on the board?*To be clear, if my proxy forms ever arrive I will be voting to re-elect Fry and McNally.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am plainly missing something here. After a season in which we got relegated, posters want a protest vote* against one non-executive director on the basis that he either he doesn''t bring much to discussions or we just don''t know whether he does or not, but not a protest vote against the CEO/executive director who is the football expert on the board?*To be clear, if my proxy forms ever arrive I will be voting to re-elect Fry and McNally.[/quote]It''s not against Fry Purps, it''s against Delia. As she''s not standing for re-election this time, the haters are going for the next best thing.

Oh Crafty you are a silly sausage! You need to get over yourself. You just followed orders and did as you were told like most people do at the work place. Even a bog cleaner has to have a certain amount of business acumen when purchasing ducks and bog rolls. The truth is you were more gopher than Gordon himself...

Throughout our great clubs history boardroom contributions have been made by people from all kinds of professions and backgrounds. If you go back to the very beginning Robert Webster and Joseph Nutchey were schoolmasters! Now I''ve got no problem with teachers, like traffic wardens society would be in a sorry state without them. But business acumen? Many people who couldn''t cut it in the business world turned to teaching as an alternative.

Over the years the football club has benefited from the input of folk from all sorts of backgrounds and professions. Many didn''t comply with your ridiculous and restrictive conditions but the best of them were all Norwich City supporters.

The big issue is not the reappointment of fry but of McNally.

He has made some truly awful decisions and his position should be under threat.

He was in charge during our relegation. Failed to act when it was clear hughton was failing until it was far to late. He then appointed a radio commentator as a replacement and again we are not performing as we should do this season.

I would like him voted out and replaced by the former Villa CEO Paul Faulkner a guy who knows the game has good relationships with the people who could revive our flagging fortunes

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am plainly missing something here. After a season in which we got relegated, posters want a protest vote* against one non-executive director on the basis that he either he doesn''t bring much to discussions or we just don''t know whether he does or not, but not a protest vote against the CEO/executive director who is the football expert on the board?*To be clear, if my proxy forms ever arrive I will be voting to re-elect Fry and McNally.[/quote]McNally''s choice of Hoofton as manager doesn''t suggest much football expertise. He''s got his good points, but the fact that his Europe-wide search for a new manager resulted in the U18''s boss being appointed suggests that football expertise isn''t one of them.Time and again we hear that we can''t find anyone who wants the manager''s job, or we can only (seemingly) attract bog-standard candidates such as Mackay. But the truth is that similar sized Championship clubs such as Watford and Middlesborough don''t have the same trouble and manage to appoint more experienced candidates of a better calibre.To be fair, it can''t just be McNally to blame for the failings in our recruitment process, but the board as a whole. Regarding Fry, I seriously cannot see what he brings to the table or why he couldn''t have some sort of presidential role intead of being on the board. Someone with expertise of European football would be an obviously better choice.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am plainly missing something here. After a season in which we got relegated, posters want a protest vote* against one non-executive director on the basis that he either he doesn''t bring much to discussions or we just don''t know whether he does or not, but not a protest vote against the CEO/executive director who is the football expert on the board?*To be clear, if my proxy forms ever arrive I will be voting to re-elect Fry and McNally.[/quote]And I will be doing the same.only, in person.[Y]

[quote user="Jeff butler"]The big issue is not the reappointment of fry but of McNally.

He has made some truly awful decisions and his position should be under threat.

He was in charge during our relegation. Failed to act when it was clear hughton was failing until it was far to late. He then appointed a radio commentator as a replacement and again we are not performing as we should do this season.

I would like him voted out and replaced by the former Villa CEO Paul Faulkner a guy who knows the game has good relationships with the people who could revive our flagging fortunes[/quote]

You are Smudger wearing a disguise of false glasses and a beard.I claim my prize of 10 Senior Service and an autographed photo of Michael Wynne Jones.

[quote user="Leedscanary"]9th October - last time NCFC were mentioned on Twitter by Mr Fry.

How is this utilising his far reaching influence?

Just sayin''[/quote]

Doing his best to keep us out of the news during a bad period.Top man[:D][Y]

[quote user="Leedscanary"]9th October - last time NCFC were mentioned on Twitter by Mr Fry.

How is this utilising his far reaching influence?

Just sayin''[/quote]Calm down dear! There''s still time for him to send you a Christmas card. [:D]

Oh Crafty you are a silly sausage! You need to get over yourself. You just followed orders and did as you were told like most people do at the work place. Even a bog cleaner has to have a certain amount of business acumen when purchasing ducks and bog rolls. The truth is you were more gopher than Gordon himself...

Throughout our great clubs history boardroom contributions have been made by people from all kinds of professions and backgrounds. If you go back to the very beginning Robert Webster and Joseph Nutchey were schoolmasters! Now I''ve got no problem with teachers, like traffic wardens society would be in a sorry state without them. But business acumen? Many people who couldn''t cut it in the business world turned to teaching as an alternative.

Over the years the football club has benefited from the input of folk from all sorts of backgrounds and professions. Many didn''t comply with your ridiculous and restrictive conditions but the best of them were all Norwich City supporters.

Oh Nutty, as usual your ignorance shines through your post. Directors set policy directives that their senior managers'' put into effect. How the managers put the directives into action is their responsibility and they are not ordered how to do it. That''s why they receive high salaries and perks. The quid pro quo, of course, is that if the policy isn''t implemented effectively it is the manager''s head that is on the block. As regional manufacturing manager for SE Asia I reported to the regional director locally on the commercial impacts of our manufacturing operations and the operations director at HQ level in Lyon. I believe you reported to the human resources manager at the Norwich site. Perhaps he micromanaged you but that''s not possible on an international level. A gopher you probably were but I and my regional colleagues certainly were not.

Crafty, you really need to get over yourself. I''ve always admired what you achieved considering the hand God dealt you.

Getting back on topic, I was at the AGM where Bowkett and McNally were happy with Fry''s contribution. I am under the impression that if he tweets anything, ie a kit launch video, it reaches 8m people. That would cost a lot to achieve otherwise. Apart from prejudice are there any reasons as good not to have him on the board? I don''t agree with a fan from the trust or wherever would be better. Us fans just change our minds after each result...

That''s it Nutty, avoid the point by throwing in s snide remark. I don''t believe in false modesty. I have performed well in the different positions I have held in my career and see no reason to deny that. That would be as pathetic as those from priveliged backgrounds speaking mockney to pretend they had a council estate upbringing or Russell Brand pretending to be an intellectual when every time he opens his mouth he proves he is a class A pr@t.

As for the snide comment about the hand God dealt me -I don''t consider being blessed with a good brain extended by the benefits of a grammar school education and loving parents who supported me in my ambitions to be a bad hand to play with.

It''s about time you put your petty jealousies to one side and get on with life.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]That''s it Nutty, avoid the point by throwing in s snide remark. I don''t believe in false modesty. I have performed well in the different positions I have held in my career and see no reason to deny that. That would be as pathetic as those from priveliged backgrounds speaking mockney to pretend they had a council estate upbringing or Russell Brand pretending to be an intellectual when every time he opens his mouth he proves he is a class A pr@t.

As for the snide comment about the hand God dealt me -I don''t consider being blessed with a good brain extended by the benefits of a grammar school education and loving parents who supported me in my ambitions to be a bad hand to play with.

It''s about time you put your petty jealousies to one side and get on with life.[/quote]All this may be true but what evedence do we have that you could hold your own as a bingo caller?[:D]

To be fair I think he has potential Rickyyyyyyyyy ...

"My orders" Number nine.

"Trout out the door"  Seventy four.

You never know, he could be head & shoulders above me....