Sign in to follow this  
The Polar Bears Made Me Do It

Motion to re-appoint Stephen Fry as a director

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Bury Green"] I simply couldn''t countenance is presence on board being favourable to an elected supporter and when I say elected I mean elected by the support. As a case in point it''d be favourable if the Chairman of the Independent Supporters Club had a place on The Board of Directors and as such provide what I have described previously, a checking mechanism between the clubs governance and its support. [/quote]

The old NCISA was wound up in May 2013 so that leaves the Norwich City Supporters Trust as the only credible option out there but only this week we have their President complaining in a blog about fans criticism of the manager and another member of their board on a social media site doing just that and describing the managers post match comments as ''bullshit''. It just shows that electing a fan to the NCFC board would cause divide amongst the fans.

[/quote]

As Stephen Fry is an exile to all intents and purposes, if he is voted off, his place should be taken by another exile.  Exiles tend to sit slightly outside the Carrow road bubble and can sometimes offer a more balanced view than those involved week in week out.  Someone like...........no I''m not going to suggest me, but thanks for the thought [;)]..............someone like Ed Balls maybe?   Perish the thought, but at least he is a fan. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15318031However, I see no reason to oust Stephen Fry - his knowledge and general intelligence are way above what most people have going for them - and that is a big plus imo.   

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The reason I believe he should be on the board is well documented on this thread. But for the hard of hearing/reading : - He already is on the board which has gone from strength to strength since he joined. I didn''t vote him on but see no reason to upset the status quo by voting him off. This is met by diversion tactics ranging from the merits of Robert Chase returning to the possible future involvement of the Roman Catholic church.[/quote]

Diversinary tactics oh my and you actually believe that!

You must watch all the soap operas.

For my view I don''t care if he is or he isn''t (I am repeating that for the hard of reading)

The church bit , as you know was a joke to Bury, which he replied in kind.

As I stated above twist and turn you are the one "bending" what has been posted

Still anyone interested enough to read it all for themselves can see what is the truth.

The only thing I actually believe is that there is no football club reasons for this protest vote. Unless you know different Butler...

Maybe the gangrenes flared up again.....

Ed Balls!!!! For Christs sake, the only group less worthy of a place on the board than celebrities are mealy-mouthed, smarmy pond-life politicians, another one who turns up once in a blue moon for a seat in El Presidente''s box on a freebie.

No thanks.

Oh and as a non-shareholder you might not know but the motion on the AGM simply relates to the re-election of Fry. There is no second part where a replacement is voted in. If there were I''d like to propose Keith Harris and Orville.

Impossible to have a football debate on here at the moment without things descending into a slanging match or being trolled. Our club is on course to go absolutely nowhere with the people who got us into this mess still firmly in charge. Such are the depths to which we have plumbed I think we can forget dreams of becoming an established Premier League club, winning cups or playing in Europe. We are far more likely to get relegated to League One again.

[quote user="1touch"]Impossible to have a football debate on here at the moment without things descending into a slanging match or being trolled. Our club is on course to go absolutely nowhere with the people who got us into this mess still firmly in charge. Such are the depths to which we have plumbed I think we can forget dreams of becoming an established Premier League club, winning cups or playing in Europe. We are far more likely to get relegated to League One again.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="The Polar Bears Made Me Do It"]I''ve often wondered what is the point of "quoting" another post and adding nothing to it. Pointless. I know some of you get very aroused by your post count and the kudos you perceive (interestingly, no one else does) that bestows.

Any way, well done you![/quote]I''ve often wondered why people have multiple accounts on a football forum. But then again it''s up to them if they want to be dishonest.

[quote user="The Polar Bears Made Me Do It"]I''ve often wondered what is the point of "quoting" another post and adding nothing to it. Pointless. I know some of you get very aroused by your post count and the kudos you perceive (interestingly, no one else does) that bestows.

Any way, well done you![/quote]

Just how often since the 15th September have you wondered about this...

Oh and forget Ed Balls. What about Richard Balls? He''s usually wheeled out amongst the pitchforks and torches...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The only thing I actually believe is that there is no football club reasons for this protest vote. Unless you know different Butler... Maybe the gangrenes flared up again.....[/quote]

Why would I know different, I didn''t start the thread.

I can''t think why, I have made very clear my view, if the Op feels he wants to then it''s up to him and anybody that wants to join in.

You never know it is possibly another dark conspiracy...have you checked under your bed and behind the curtains.

You can''t be too careful these spooks get everywhere ( so watch out tomorrow night)[6]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Any way, well done you![/quote]

Just how often since the 15th September have you wondered about this...

Oh and forget Ed Balls. What about Richard Balls? He''s usually wheeled out amongst the pitchforks and torches...

[/quote]

That''s a load of BALLS.

[quote user="1touch"] Our club is on course to go absolutely nowhere with the people who got us into this mess still firmly in charge. Such are the depths to which we have plumbed I think we can forget dreams of becoming an established Premier League club, winning cups or playing in Europe. We are far more likely to get relegated to League One.[/quote]glad to see I''m not the only one concerned about the plight of our impoverished neighbours

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The only thing I actually believe is that there is no football club reasons for this protest vote. Unless you know different Butler... Maybe the gangrenes flared up again.....[/quote]

I can''t think why, I have made very clear my view, if the Op feels he wants to then it''s up to him and anybody that wants to join in.

You never know it is possibly another dark conspiracy...have you checked under your bed and behind the curtains.

You can''t be too careful these spooks get everywhere ( so watch out tomorrow night)[6]

[/quote]

So you don''t think it''s the gangrene come back then? That''s a relief! Mind you it cured itself last time without the need for amputation....

Same old faces on here though. And November 5th is less than a week away. Remember remember those burning effigies. A Guy named Fry has a certain ring to it don''t you think...

"A Guy named Fry has a certain ring to it don''t you think..."

oooh errr

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

So you don''t think it''s the gangrene come back then? That''s a relief! Mind you it cured itself last time without the need for amputation....

Same old faces on here though. And November 5th is less than a week away. Remember remember those burning effigies. A Guy named Fry has a certain ring to it don''t you think...

[/quote]

That''s because they took the recommended medication

Same old faces is because you are never off this forum.

How could I forget Nov 5th ,my ancestors were involved!

If they had succeded perhaps this country would not be in the mess  it is now.

Oh..lets hope for a win tonight and cheer everyone up.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s because they took the recommended medication

How could I forget Nov 5th ,my ancestors were involved!

If they had succeded perhaps this country would not be in the mess  it is now.

Oh..lets hope for a win tonight and cheer everyone up.

[/quote]

If you really think that if we win tonight it will cheer EVERYONE up then you''ve not been paying attention, even if we win 100-0 some people will find a reason to be miserable.

If we did win 100-0 it would certainly highlight how poor our performance had been in the 14 preceding games.

Not so, it would highlight how poor Bolton are and that we dodged the bullet in making little effort to appoint Lennon as our boss.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

I agree Butler but when Nutty is around he posts not just lurks at all hours of the day and night. [;)]

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 30/10/2014 3:02 PM:

What would have relevance would be if you said why you''d vote him off Crafty.

a) He has made no significant investment in the club.

b) He brings no football or business experience with him.

c) Celebrity status is not a justification for appointment to the board.

Now what reason do you have for him staying on the board other than your preposterous linking of the club''s fortunes to his appointment?

Now then Crafty. I doubt my linking of the club''s fortunes to the board of the day is as preposterous as you picking which board members to credit through your own personal prejudice.

a) There is now and often has been in the past other board members who have made no significant investment in the club. I don''t remember any of them being subject to a protest vote.

b) There is now and often has been in the past other board members who have brought no football or business experience with them. I don''t remember them being subject to a protest vote.

c) Do we know that celebrity status was the justification for his appointment to the board and even if it was the performance of the board since he''s been on it justifies it now.

Those who do not invest heavily usually bring business acumen to the board. Give examples of past directors who have not met either of my conditions a) or b). If it is prejudice to expect directors to meet one of those conditions then I''m guilty. What I am not is stupid enough to think that the club''s recent progress has anything to do with the appointment of Stephen Fry.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Those who do not invest heavily usually bring business acumen to the board. Give examples of past directors who have not met either of my conditions a) or b). If it is prejudice to expect directors to meet one of those conditions then I''m guilty. What I am not is stupid enough to think that the club''s recent progress has anything to do with the appointment of Stephen Fry.[/quote]

Well now Crafty. I think I''ve already asked you about Stefan Phillips who comes from a media background. Then wasn''t there that guy from Radio a few years ago. So that''s the press and radio covered and now we have a guy named Fry from TV. It''s interesting that the two board members you''ve said you want to be removed are both from the world of TV. Fry and Delia. I can only assume that we have a bit of the yellow and green eyed monster occuring here as you only have the face for radio.

As you have made no significant investment in the club and have no business acumen you''re not really in a position to know the value of your own conditions anyway......

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]Anyone else not got their AGM documents?[/quote]

Nope not got mine either by post or e-mail.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]Anyone else not got their AGM documents?[/quote]

Nope not got mine either by post or e-mail.

[/quote]

Must be another batch or 2 in the depths of Royal Mail waiting to be delivered. Maybe Mr Fry can use his influence to get them delivered on time [:P]

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

Must be another batch or 2 in the depths of Royal Mail waiting to be delivered. Maybe Mr Fry can use his influence to get them delivered on time [:P]

[/quote]

How about his head on a commemorative stamp ? [:D]

Nutty Nigel wrote:

Well now Crafty. I thought I''ve already asked you about Stefan Phillips who comes from a media background. Then wasn''t there that guy from Radio a few years ago. So that''s the press and radio covered and now we have a guy named Fry from TV. It''s interesting that the two board members you''ve said you want to be removed are both from the world of TVS. Fry and Delia. I can only assume we have a bit of the yellow and green eyed monster occurring here as you only have the face for radio.

As you have made no significant investment in the club and have no business acumen you''re not really in a position to know the value of your own conditions anyway....

Oh dear you really are scraping the barrel once again.

a) Stefan Philips had considerable business management experience in the media so has brought this to the board. Fry and Delia appear on TV which is not the same as having a business background in the media. It''s MWJ who has the business experience in publishing.

b) Your example of a director who has not brought investment or business acumen to the board is '' a guy from radio a few years ago.'' Well, who is this guy other than an invention of yours to try and justify your argument?

c) Whether I have a face for radio or not is a complete irrelevance to the argument but altogether typical of the paucity of your ability to argue a case.

d) I have had business responsibility for multi-million dollar manufacturing operations in South-East Asia and have managed the sites with million pound plus turnovers in the UK for two multi-national corporations. This makes you assertion that I have no business acumen a baseless statement for which you have no knowledge to make. Unless of course running the social club for one site makes you a business man.

No doubt you will come back with another fairy tale of make believe waffle to try and impress people.

Mother