Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

SACK MCNALLY

He has to go. He can only ride on the success of hiring Paul Lambert for so long. That is the only good decision he made.

If he was as good as people make out then Celtic/Fulham both would not have let him go. He did not take us to the Premier League, it was Lambert and his genius on the field.

McNally waited too long with Hughton to sack him, being too proud to admit his mistake and cost us Premier League status. Then he appointed Neil Adams with no experience after not winning any five games in his caretaker capacity.

How many were dissapointed when he was announced? If he takes as long to admit his mistake a second time round then we will become the next Bolton, Birmingham. We have a golden opportuntity in a poor, poor league. Bouremouth are flying on a very mediocre team with players such as Surman that we deemed surplus to requirements.

Adams signs three centre-backs in Cuellar, Miquel and Hoovield and yet plays Russell Martin at centre-back. None of them signings are good enough in other words and our best centre-back Sebastian Bassong is sent out loan to our rivals, where is the football/business logic in that.

To be where we are with the players we have and the budget we have spent is unforgivable. We are stuck in a rut, with no momentum, Adams seems unsure what his best team is. Lafferty is the shadow of the player he has been for Northern Ireland and is played out of position. People will say its not McNally well ultimately he is, yes he needs approval but he was quick to replace Gunn and herald Lambert as his idea and his success, well not take accountability.

If we are not quick, we''ll need a new 10 year plan and sink back into the dark days of financial instability.

I''m sure you think you are being clever, but can I be the first to assure you that you are completely stupid and all your fears, hangups and various theories are no more intelligible than a man with a sandwich board on that reads "I am Jesus" or the puppet mans autobiography.

Thanks, and good luck to you sir.

This is like last season all over again.   We were always just three or four points off mid-table last season and a bit of positivity from everybody might have helped push us up the table.   Now we''re getting that negativity again - four points off TOP place, and the negativity is rife all over this board.  It didn''t help us one bit for everyone to be doom and gloom last season and it won''t this season. 

We lost a match and the team/manager need to respond positively to that. 

Fans too.  

Rise above it.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Lakey old mate I am sorry to say that you are beginning to sound like your old self .[/quote]

Yes. Its the same message.  The level of negativity on social media is bad for morale.   Poor morale of fans will seep down to players - and they are affected by the fans attitude, whatever anyone says to the contrary.  Too much negativity - spurred on by the binner tendency that creeps on on here - will not help us at all. 

We have had a poor run but football is a funny old game.  Birmingham lost 8-0 one week, then beat highflying Watford the next.  Anything can happen.   Its a long hard season - we need to keep our nerve and not call for the manager''s head, the CEO''s head or anyone else''s head for that matter.  Still four points from top place and everything to play for.

Back to the OP. It''s a no for me.

There seems to be a temptation to accredit him with more power than he actually has. It is the board that must take cabinet responsibility for hiring and firing managers. The CEO may advise but will not individually take these decisions or even have their advice accepted for that matter.

given his p45 by both Celtic and Fulham

like it or not he got lucky with Lambert... the number of fans who Laud Davey Mac over the appointment are the same ones who wont let him take the flack over Hughton, or Adams, or "trawling Europe for the best possible candidate for the job"

His interview with Goreham earlier in the year reminded me very much of Chase... infact i fully expected him to say "If Snodgrass isn''t here next season I wont be".

If he''s in charge of day to day football matters than serious questions need to be asked now...

[quote user="Buh"]^idiot[/quote]

why does he get lauded for everything that goes well... but not criticised for anything that goes bad?

LDC, generally I am with you. BUT...this is certainly more than one defeat when looking over the games played so far and the quality of our squad...isnt it?

That said, certainly not time for sacking the CEO.....but to see him and the Board be brave perhaps?

Sorry but no, the Chief Executive''s role is one of implementing the Boards decisions, yes he is a member of the Board but any failings are a function of their collective decisions and indeed where the balance of power happens to lie.

He for now is not the problem, the decision to appoint Adams will have been favoured by some and possibly opposed by others, once their decision is taken its down to the Chief Exec to implement.

It''s why he took the bumper bonus upon promotion and the Chairman took nothing of the sort.

The trouble is we don''t know who made the decision to appoint him, we can best guess based on previous track records and indeed the manner in which Lambert was appointed.

This however is where it all starts to get feisty and unpleasant

He chairs the football board as well as the company board he appointed a radio commentator as manager. He is 100 percent responsible for our position

What needs to be added? The guy is a complete idiot and he''s in great company on here. Top quality comebacks guys. Up there with witty retorts from disney channel movies of the early 90s.

But yeah, he''s an idiot.

As I said, losing last night is hard to take but it''s harder to take that we have a really nasty core of supporters with horrible weird values projecting hatred and misery at the club always. Even when we were winning games and top of the league you could tell the celebration was muted because.

There are a core of supporters at this football club that are addicted to being miserable and they need professional help.

[quote user="Buh"] There are a core of supporters at this football club that are addicted to being miserable and they need professional help.[/quote]

Name and shame them Buh name and shame them. [Y]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

given his p45 by both Celtic and Fulham

like it or not he got lucky with Lambert... the number of fans who Laud Davey Mac over the appointment are the same ones who wont let him take the flack over Hughton, or Adams, or "trawling Europe for the best possible candidate for the job"

His interview with Goreham earlier in the year reminded me very much of Chase... infact i fully expected him to say "If Snodgrass isn''t here next season I wont be".

If he''s in charge of day to day football matters than serious questions need to be asked now...

[/quote]

Serious questions need to asked about your use of quotations, can you prove someone said that?

It should be a continual improvement process where benchmarks are set and if not achieved then actions implemented to fix the issue.

MacNally is a good CEO, Adams was a choice made by the board and overseen by MacNally, why should the most successful ceo be sacked?

Maybe the finger should be pointed higher for sticking too long with another failing manager!

One thing is sure the bench marks set by the club have not been met by the current manager & his team.

Something will need to change if major improvements are not seen starting with this weekend.IMO

[quote user="Bury Green"]Sorry but no, the Chief Executive''s role is one of implementing the Boards decisions, yes he is a member of the Board but any failings are a function of their collective decisions and indeed where the balance of power happens to lie.

He for now is not the problem, the decision to appoint Adams will have been favoured by some and possibly opposed by others, once their decision is taken its down to the Chief Exec to implement.

It''s why he took the bumper bonus upon promotion and the Chairman took nothing of the sort.

The trouble is we don''t know who made the decision to appoint him, we can best guess based on previous track records and indeed the manner in which Lambert was appointed.

This however is where it all starts to get feisty and unpleasant[/quote]Another classic attempt to have it both ways from south of the border. The usual dark - but totally unsubstantiated - hints to try to support  the conspiracy theory that if things go right it is despite Smith and Jones and it all goes belly up then it is because of them.Plus a bizarre novelty -  that is was somehow deeply significant that the chairman, who is not an employee and would never be eligible for a bonus, didn''t receive one for getting to the Premier League while the CEO, who is an employee, did. Truly baffling.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Buh"] There are a core of supporters at this football club that are addicted to being miserable and they need professional help.[/quote]

Name and shame them Buh name and shame them. [Y]

[/quote]

I would if they weren''t already so easily recognisable. Truly awfup core of fans. I expect malicious rumours about players/staff personal lives started will not be far off. All started as "a laugh" by some mid life crisis schizophrenic or 400 year old canary caller claiming to "know people at the club"

It needs to be sorted, it''s bigger than any problem we have on the pitch and no-one wants to talk about it.

But Purple, all you''ve actually said (again) is you don''t like my opinion, what you''ve failed to do is to say why.

So you don''t think there was a Board Meeting to discuss Adams appointment?

Even if there was a Board Meeting that they all agreed on the appointment?

You don''t think the manner in which Lambert was appointed was different to every other appointment over the last twenty years?

Then, oh yes then we come to the Chief Execs remuneration, I am you may be surprised to learn aware that he is an employee and entitled to the bonus and a handsome one at that.

Great, it was because we were promoted and he''s been in the coal face ensuring the day to day governance of the club was up to scratch. He went down the M4 to undo the Gunn debacle, even better, he was and is entitled to every penny and as such is why I can''t quite see why people are choosing to point the finger at him now.

So then, have a stab at answering the question and then perhaps we can move on to the suggested tacit ''dark hints''

[quote user="Bury Green"]1) But Purple, all you''ve actually said (again) is you don''t like my opinion, what you''ve failed to do is to say why.

So you don''t think there was a Board Meeting to discuss Adams appointment?

Even if there was a Board Meeting that they all agreed on the appointment?

You don''t think the manner in which Lambert was appointed was different to every other appointment over the last twenty years?2) Then, oh yes then we come to the Chief Execs remuneration, I am you may be surprised to learn aware that he is an employee and entitled to the bonus and a handsome one at that.

Great, it was because we were promoted and he''s been in the coal face ensuring the day to day governance of the club was up to scratch.3) He went down the M4 to undo the Gunn debacle, even better, he was and is entitled to every penny and as such is why I can''t quite see why people are choosing to point the finger at him now.

So then, have a stab at answering the question and then perhaps we can move on to the suggested tacit ''dark hints''[/quote]1) I have said exactly why. Your post was yet another attempt to absolve McNally (usually it is McNally AND Bowkett) from blame for any bad decisons while hinting that somehow any good decisons were the result of Smith and Jones getting overruled or talked out of potential mistakes.2) You need to read again what you posted earlier, and particularly your nonsensical comparison with Bowkett. Then you will see what I posted made perfect sense while your reply does not.3) I imagine the people you are complaining about are those who gave McNally credit for good decisions in the past but are now - really rather logically - blaming him for bad decisons. In other words, unlike you, they are being intellectually consistent. As are those who give him no credit for good decisions but equally do not blame him for bad. To be clear, just in case you were under yet another misapprehension, I will be voting to re-elect McNally and Fry.

What other CEO of a football club would appointment a radio commentator as a manager and think for a second it would be a success?

The sooner we get Paul Faulkner in as CEO the better

I love the fact people are laying the managerial appointment at the CEO.

Really? You don''t think he might have been overruled by the other members of the board?

He was paid enough when we went up to claim he was the messiah in appointing Lambert where is his accountability now?

He can''t pick and choose his success and failures and we have had more of the latter, absolute disaster appointments since Lambert

People said keep patient with Hughton and patience cost us and he is gonna make the same mistake twice. It''s not a crime to make an error but the crime is not learning from that error. Isn''t the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. A promotion title winning side does not lose 4-0 away to an inferior team, it either suggests a lost dressing room or tactical naivety or even both

The appointment process was a force as was the whole director of football. So much for searching Europe

BUMP

I really don''t like people dredging up old posts and waving them at others but i was so incensed by this and many others like it for the sheer cluelessness on display by some fans... that i think they deserve to have this waved in their faces today.

So there! :)

I, as always, was totally in the right and am proud I stood up for McNally. I consider him probably the most important appointment by this club for a generation at least. Build him a statue.

Some of those who critiqued me seem to have disappeared

Hope they enjoyed the day at Wembley with a clear conscience. I know I did.