Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Midfield triangle

Agreed. But to have Howson, O''Neill and what looks like a central midfielder coming in for competition is just as impressive. Tettey really looks good when driving forward and from his dancing in the celebrations from the goals in the Blackburn game seems to be enjoying his football. Ipswich really couldnt handle our midfield 3.

Forgot about Howson, seasons looking more enjoyable by the minute. I know the Premiership is where the money and great players exist but you can''t beat winning, no fun getting thumped every week.

Tettey struggle with some injuries during Ipsiwch game and if you check our bench was no one with Tettey/BJ characteristic to come in.

Tettey+BJ work great,problem after no Fer is no one from Howson/O''Neill is this type of player.

We need Yussef Safri back lol :)

To me the reason why the midfield triangle has worked so well this season is because we have so much movement and enterprise in front of it, that teams are too preoccupied worrying about that, than covering our midfield players.     Lafferty/Grabban/Redmond are a tough front three to deal with and the way they interchange is causing teams problems.   Murphy fits into that too when he plays.  E. Bennett still looks to be finding his confidence after injury, but those five players - plus Jerome and Hooper - will be a real handful all season.

If the front three keep the level of movement and enterprise up, our midfield will prosper too - Johnson and Tettey will have more time on the ball and Hoolahan/Howson will continue to pull the strings. All good.

During the first half on saturday I found myself getting excited at the prospect of Howson coming back. Don''t get me wrong, I wouldn''t drop Tettey, Johnson or Wes but to have the competition in those areas (O''neil and this fella we''re supposedly signing from abroad as well) is something that us fans should be delighted with. This time next week we''ll be very close to the end of the transfer window and knowing what our squad will be- I can see Hooper going but that''s about it and I think the squad has enough cover up front to cope with his departure.Leroy who?! OTBC