Sign in to follow this  
Rich T

BBC Radio Suffolk

I was working in Ipswich on Saturday so had to listen to Radio Suffolk commentary and phone in after game. Mick Mills was the guest commentator. They were very complementary of our team and style of play and stated that only 1or2 of their players would make our line up. As much as I like Rob Butler and co I found their post match discussion and phone in balanced, fair and honest expression of where their team are at, which was a refreshing change from the rose tinted yellow and green views which are expressed on Radio Norfolk. Not a moan against canary call but was interesting to listen to different style of opinion..

I listened to the first half whilst at the match. It was a droll uninspiring monologue but perhaps that was just a reflection of their teams style of play. True there were mentions of our players who were dangerous and admiration of Ruddy.

Could not listen to that every week, the radio Norfolk team has much more passion.

I think they may be looking through blue and white tinted specs, if they think as many as one or two of their players would get in our 11.

[quote user="Rich T"]They were very complementary of our team and style of play and stated that only 1or2 of their players would make our line up. [/quote]No, not one or two, none of them would

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]There best player was there LB and he wouldnt get in front of Olsson or Garrido.[/quote]

if you are talking about Mings then that beggars belief - a one man disaster zone, even the binners recognise his ineptness''bambi on ice'' would be flattering him

Are you for real City 1st? Mings was clearly there best player. I was at the game and he was a rock, good on the ball very powerful and cant really see any point where he was a ''danger zone''. In fact.. I went to the Ipswich v West Ham summer friendly at poormans road and he was again their best player. Would any of them get in our team? No , I dont think so. Weird how people see things differently though... Read a few people saying Luke Hyam the midfielder was great and I thought he  offered zero aside from a few very poor long range shots. He was probanbly one of their weakest players so I guess it''s all a matter of divided opinion.

Mc Goldrick, quite predictably their only decent player. Plenty of huffing and puffing from Jay Tabb and Dean Gerken was ok except the goal... Generally a very weak team. Good times!!

[quote user="nu_matik"]Are you for real City 1st? Mings was clearly there best player. I was at the game and he was a rock, good on the ball very powerful and cant really see any point where he was a ''danger zone''. In fact.. I went to the Ipswich v West Ham summer friendly at poormans road and he was again their best player. Would any of them get in our team? No , I dont think so. Weird how people see things differently though... Read a few people saying Luke Hyam the midfielder was great and I thought he  offered zero aside from a few very poor long range shots. He was probanbly one of their weakest players so I guess it''s all a matter of divided opinion.[/quote] I''m not too sure what you define as best player but it certainly wasn''t him !he is in the team because the original left back crewwell was sold and the replacement is injured - he is supposed to be going out on aloan to a lower league club to ''learn his trade. Tthat and the advice from the same binner during the week was target him as he will be our weak point. As stated by a binner e;sewhere"People seem to see him as this player who made some great saving tackles

in the 2nd half on Saturday which prevented a second Norwich goal. What

they are however failing to take into account is that several of these

were caused by him being beaten by the attacker in the first place

because of his poor positioning, all too often he gets too close to his

man at the wrong angle and gets turned, Berra gets close to his man for

example but doesn''t allow the man to turn him ( or get the ball through

his legs as happened twice on Saturday with Mings, incidentally the

second time it lead to the corner from which they scored)

I''m not his greatest fan to be honest and it''s not because he''s no

Cresswell but because I think he needs to work a hell of a lot on his

positional sense"
he was lucky to be on the pitch after his tugging of Redmonds shirt when he had let him pass himhe is way out of his depth at this level and time after time it showed