Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

If NA was Offered Premier Club Managership

Only a few inspiring wins but considering the dearth of potent managers making senses out there and still with their head screwed on, it is an interesting point to ponder.Would NA walk away to further his career.At the moment he is making all the right noises, playing to the gallery or honestly espousing his own philosophy- Well time will tell.

Virtually no chance of that happening at this moment in time cause Adams is still very inexperienced as a manager, isn''t a celebrity ex player and theirs the Norwich effect to consider - To many brainwashed, plastic supporters outside of East Anglia who follow urban myths, Norwich are a little family club in the middle of farmland so how on earth would anyone from this poky little club be any good?

At this moment in time, I don''t believe he would, unless someone made him an offer that was way too good to turn down :-)

Norwich is his club, he knows the players, including what is coming up in the youth and he is in the best place possible for him to learn what managing a first team is all about. If he stepped up to the Premier League, other fans would question his appointment and would very quickly turn if things didn''t work out right.

However, if Everton / Spurs / .... offered a 5 year deal at 3 times his salary, sure he would be tempted, but even that wouldn''t be a given.

Plus, I would wager he isn''t a Paul Ince type of character, where the ego wants to take him to places he is ill equipped to, before he has learnt the ropes, as such.

These days, there are not many (successful)Prem managers who have been given the job with so little experience.

I take your point relating to Adams but I think Ince is a bad example, he did a couple of years before going to Blackburn albeit the best part of it in League 2

Europe 93, it was more aimed at Adams personality.

Adams is, imo, far less likely to think he could jump up straight to a Prem job, than Ince did, and that''s not a reflection of confidence, but sensible thinking.

Yes Ince did do some time in league 2, but isn''t that less likely that a manager from that level would be selected to get a Prem job now, than someone like Adams, who may well enjoy success, bubbling under the Prem, in the Championship?

People may argue that Adams has already proven more than Ince did, before he took the step up?

ohh its the return of the will "insert manager" leave us thread

neil is a fan which makes a change so who knows

but will worry about this after a large run of results and some seriously good play

and then maybe just maybe he might do a Brendon Rogers from youth team coach to Liverpool in a couple of years

Crabby Canary:

I think Ince earned his right to manage a club the size of Blackburn with what he achieved up to that point mainly at MK. I would say his mistake was to take over Blackburn when they were 13th in the Premier League, i.e. realistically how much more could he achieve? I also feel that Ferguson labelled him as a big time charlie, and this has stuck with him as much as anything else he has achieved.

I agree that Neil appears a far more grounded personality than Ince, lets hope that he is in a premiership job shorter into his managerial career than Ince was, next season would be good :-)

[quote user="swindoncanary"]I was just thinking the other day, that at least Neil Adams would not do a Paul Lambert ![/quote]he would have to fall out badly with a couple of board members and have them want him outat the moment that is very unlikelybut it has happened before