Sign in to follow this  
Gruffnuts

Team v Crawley

What do you think? Will obviously try and rest a lot of players as the games have been coming thick and fast:

Rudd

E. Bennett. Cuellar Bassong. Whittaker

Murphy O''Neil Surman. Murphy

Loza. Jerome

I''d give garrido another go at lb as he needs the games. Then put Bennett on right wing, only give Josh a start. The rest is good though.

Why wouldn''t it be? Couldn''t think of a formation that would suit the personnel if we rest a lot of the players that have played recently, but if you have a better suggestion...?

I would like to see Adams start with;

GK. Rudd

LB. Garrido

CB. Bassong

CB. Cueller

RB. E. Bennett

DM. Mcgeehan

DM. O''Neill

AML. Josh Murphy

AMR. Redmond

AMC. Jerome

ST. Hooper (if fit)

Subs; Bunn, Martin, Gefaiti, Tettey, Surman, Jacob Murphy, Grabban

Anyone know if Hooper will be fit? Ideal sort of game for Becchio, just to see what appetite he''s got in a ncfc shirt (again if fit)?

Looks like we can expect changes...

PUBLISHED

09:00 25th August 2014

by Ben Mouncer

Boss wants good form to continue in Capital One Cup

NEIL Adams insists changes to his team for Tuesday night’s visit of Crawley Town will not result in a change in emphasis. The Canaries welcome the League One outfit to Carrow Road in the second round of the Capital One Cup (7.45pm). City’s manager confirmed some of the squad members who haven’t featured as heavily over the course of the past three weeks will get minutes, but he isn’t taking the game lightly. “It’s a great opportunity to give one or two the chance to go and show us what they can do, but we will certainly treat the game and the opposition with the respect they deserve,” he told canaries.co.uk. “It isn’t going to be a completely changed team; I think the players that we put out there will show that they want to win. “Obviously we’ll have to have one eye on Bournemouth, which is the priority, but you want to win games and we’ll want to win on Tuesday.” Adams is wary that Crawley, who knocked City’s East Anglian rivals Ipswich Town out in round one, will be keen to upset the odds once again. “The thing you get from any team, but particularly teams that are in a lower division than you, is that they have nothing to lose,” he added. “They see it as an opportunity to go and make a name for themselves, and what will happen is we will lose the game if we don’t treat it properly, guaranteed. “We’ll treat it right, we’ll prepare right – yes we will make changes for it, but make no mistake we want to win.” When asked whether a victory would be important for momentum, Adams responded: “Absolutely. Everybody says that losing games becomes a habit, but winning games becomes a habit too. “What we don’t want to do is lose a game then come back to the league. You can’t pick and choose your times to turn it on and off, so let’s win as many as we can and keep this run going.”

-------------------Rudd------

E.Bennett Cuellar Martin Whittaker

------------O''Neill---Johnson-------

Jerome-----------------------Murphey

----------Redmond--------

-------Lafferty-------------

That''s the best team I could come up with while trying to rest players with minor knocks like Garrido, players with bad injury records like Tettey and currently invaluable players to our system that just can''t get injured right now like Hoolahan, Grabban, Turner and Ruddy while giving the new boys a run out.

Lot''s of players in secondary positions I agree but it should still give Crawley a good game

How competitive in the championship are we if we suffered injuries ?

If seven or eight of those playing for us today are out, how much depth have we in the squad to retain a top 6 place ?

To get promoted we need players of our 2nd eleven to be as good as the first. Against Ipswich, if we fielded a completely different eleven players - would we have beaten them ?

Is our 2nd eleven (or those in the squad that didn''t play) strong? They need to be tested against "live" opposition.

So against Crawley, the most capable eleven that didn''t play.

Rudd, Garrido, Ryan Bennett, Scrirea (new guy from Sunderland - can''t remember his name), Olsson, E Bennett, O''Neil, Howson, Surman (at left mid - never centre), Jerome & Hooper.

We need the practice - the more youth players we field or are on the bench - the closer we are to becoming Fulham.

I know that there are some still injuried or suspended. But I wouldn''t waste the opportunity.

Six Pack wrote the following post at 26/08/2014 8:38 AM:

"So against Crawley, the most capable eleven that didn''t play.

Rudd, Garrido, Ryan Bennett, Scrirea (new guy from Sunderland - can''t remember his name), Olsson, E Bennett, O''Neil, Howson, Surman (at left mid - never centre), Jerome & Hooper.

We need the practice - the more youth players we field or are on the bench - the closer we are to becoming Fulham.

I know that there are some still injuried or suspended. But I wouldn''t waste the opportunity."

Excellent, so you would play three injured and one suspended player? And will ''Scrirea'' be registered in time to play?

FFS man, this is possibly the most idiotic post I have read on here in a long time.

Having read NA talk about this game i dont think we can expect any players in the positions that we are short of, ie - garrido, johnson, hoolahan, turner

I expect we line up with a team similar to this

Rudd

Martin   Bennett   Cuelar   Whittaker

Bennett   Surman    ONeil   Murphy

Jerome   Loza

Combining a little bit of youth with an overall experience side, avoiding those troubled areas to fill incase of an injury or suspension picked up

[quote user="Jammy Yellow"]

Having read NA talk about this game i dont think we can expect any players in the positions that we are short of, ie - garrido, johnson, hoolahan, turner

I expect we line up with a team similar to this

Rudd

Martin   Bennett   Cuelar   Whittaker

Bennett   Surman    ONeil   Murphy

Jerome   Loza

Combining a little bit of youth with an overall experience side, avoiding those troubled areas to fill incase of an injury or suspension picked up

[/quote]

This looks the most plausible team although is R.Bennett fit?

Although mainly a centre back, Cuellar is likely to be used as a right back this season, where he has experience, so would put him there for tonight''s match alongside Martin.   Bennett imo needs match time and Whittaker is the only available option at left back atm.  Other than that, I''d rest the team from Saturday.                   Rudd

Cuellar Martin Gaifaiti  Whittaker

E. Bennett O''Neill Surman Murphy

Loza Jerome

[URL=http://s277.photobucket.com/user/corolla-jay/media/C8538537.jpg.html][IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk79/corolla-jay/C8538537.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This would be my XI, Howson was in contention against Ipswich wasn''t he? I would give him at least 45 minuets for some muh needed game time.

Yes bassong had a bit of a mare last season but you don''t get rubbish over night and what ever Adams and co have against bassong needs to be put to one side because if we have him on the books in my opinion he should be used. And the same applies with Becchio and would be a good game for him to come into.

I hope the starting 11 includes players who are yet to feature, i.e. Cuellar, Jerome, Rudd, Loza, one or two who have had limited time, i.e. Murphy, E Bennett, O''Neil, one or two senior stalwarts, i.e. Martin, Garrido, Hoolahan and one or two so far untried youngsters, such as Murphy (Jacob), McGeehan, McFadden and the like.

I am assuming, Hooper, R Bennett, Howson are still injured.

Whether this would be a winning formula, who knows but I think it is an opportunity to give some frings players game time and to give most others a well earned break after a successful start to the season and with a potentially strong opponent on Saturday.

If Garrido did have a not reaction to a much longer game than expected, it''s essentially choose four from five for the back line. I can''t see Bennett E given a run out, as he is very inexperienced at RB. He may be tried there, but he needs cover. Cuellar will surely play.

In the midfield, O''Neill will surely start. with one of Tettey and Johnson.The wide midfielders depend on his chosen shape and strategy.

I think that Lafftery has probably had enough pounding down the wings, as well as trying to be a striker. Josh will probably play, because of his pace and shooting ability, as well as his ability to pick passes. Who the other wide man will be only Adams knows. Could Bennett be the other?

Jerome will start, obviously, and I suspect that two strikers will be used. Who the second will be I have no idea, but I suspect that it could be Grabban, perhaps subbed later by Loza.

Crawley are a useful side, having put out Ipswich in the previous round, We can''t afford to take them lightly and potentially bring an end to our present surge. The international week is coming, when players will be rested, so there may be fwe changes apart from Cuellar and Jerome.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Although mainly a centre back, Cuellar is likely to be used as a right back this season, where he has experience, so would put him there for tonight''s match alongside Martin.   Bennett imo needs match time and Whittaker is the only available option at left back atm.  Other than that, I''d rest the team from Saturday.                   Rudd

Cuellar Martin Gaifaiti  Whittaker

E. Bennett O''Neill Surman Murphy

Loza Jerome

[/quote]

If Adams has the "football brain" I am crediting him as having then there is no way Cuellar will be used as a right back other than in a real emergency. Anyone who saw him play for Sunderland will know that his pace is now what it was. It would be madness to play him as a right back (in my opinion).

Rudd

Whittaker  Cuellar  Gaifiti  Garrido

O''Neill   Surman

Bennett         Murphy            Murphy

Jerome         

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lake district canary"]Although mainly a centre back, Cuellar is likely to be used as a right back this season, where he has experience, so would put him there for tonight''s match alongside Martin.   Bennett imo needs match time and Whittaker is the only available option at left back atm.  Other than that, I''d rest the team from Saturday.                   RuddCuellar Martin Gaifaiti  WhittakerE. Bennett O''Neill Surman Murphy               Loza Jerome

[/quote]

If Adams has the "football brain" I am crediting him as having then there is no way Cuellar will be used as a right back other than in a real emergency. Anyone who saw him play for Sunderland will know that his pace is now what it was. It would be madness to play him as a right back (in my opinion).[/quote]

You may be right, but we have already seen how the defence has had to be reshuffled several times this season and Cuellar is a flexible player and has the experience at RB as well as CB.    Now Martin is still going to want to be and will imo, prove to be a very good CB and would not have been given the no 5 shirt lightly, so that being the case, the limitations in the defence this season as it stands are still going to be that RB position.    Martin has no great pace at RB either, so it is still a position that needs attention - especially if Whittaker is needed on the left.   Cuellar has been brought in because of his experience - and that includes his experience playing at right back. 

Just out of interest watch out for Lanre Oyebanjo at right back (most probably) in Crawleys team, seen quite a bit of him at York City (before he moved to Crawley) here up north over last couple of years and a decent attacking full back, still only 24 and will be interesting to see how he shapes up against a higher level side. Potentially might be someone for City to look at right back in the future.

There is also the fact that Cuellar is not yet match fit, which would rule out him playing at RB, IMO. This is still a good chance for him to get that fitness though. I''d like to see both Jerome and Lafferty play so they have a chance to ''get off the mark'' by scoring.

Joanna Grey wrote:

Six Pack wrote the following post at 26/08/2014 8:38 AM:

"So against Crawley, the most capable eleven that didn''t play.

I know that there are some still injuried or suspended. But I wouldn''t waste the opportunity."

Excellent, so you would play three injured and one suspended player? And will ''Scrirea'' be registered in time to play?

FFS man, this is possibly the most idiotic post I have read on here in a long time.

Joanna, the focus of my post was to give game time to those squad players that have yet to get a game and see how effective they are in a competitive match.

If you just chop the top part off and take it out of context then even Shakespeare will seem idiotic.