Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Lewis Grabban attitude

I read Garry Birtles'' weekend review on the Sky Sports website this afternoon and one thing that caught my eye was the following:

"Lewis Grabban did fantastically well for Bournemouth and I read afterwards that he wasn’t satisfied with his performance. He went straight back home and had a look at the game because he felt he should have scored a hat-trick. That is absolutely brilliant, it’s not enough to win the game with the only goal, you want to do better. Going home and analysing your performance is outstanding."

Whilst I am not saying that this isn''t the case with other players, it''s incredibly refreshing to hear about this sort of attitude. LG clearly wasn''t happy with his overall contribution (it''s fair to say he could have had at least another two goals) but it''s one thing for a player to identify this, and another for them to take the time to review and I''m sure improve. I really think we could have a 25+ goals per season striker on our hands if he continues this form, stays injury free and continues to want to improve.

I''d prefer if he celebrated accordingly. Going back on your own to analyse a huge game that you''ve just won is a bit weird to me.

Not really its the David Beckham mentality

the type of player who stays behind and does 2 hours of extra training

Ronaldo who works in the gym outside of training to bolster his frame ect ect

or you could just go out on the lash like Barton who has let himself down

[quote user="Nicko"]I''d prefer if he celebrated accordingly. Going back on your own to analyse a huge game that you''ve just won is a bit weird to me.[/quote]

Yes that is weird.

You go out on the lash Saturday and do the boring stuff on Sunday.

What the hell''s happened to footballers.....[;)]

Grabban is a Muslim teetotaller I believe, so he won''t be going out ''''on the lash''''. He puts his all into his faith and his career. If that makes him a better footballer then that''s great.

[quote user="Nicko"]I''d prefer if he celebrated accordingly. Going back on your own to analyse a huge game that you''ve just won is a bit weird to me.[/quote]

Any footballer would be a bit disappointed not to have scored in those one to one situations. Good for LG to say that he could have done better and analyse how to do better next time, it shows a good attitude - but to be honest you would hope all professional footballers would do that.  Weird to analyse where you could have improved?  Weird not to, imo. 

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Grabban is a Muslim teetotaller I believe, so he won''t be going out ''''on the lash''''. He puts his all into his faith and his career. If that makes him a better footballer then that''s great.[/quote]

Fair enough in which case '' on the lash '' would be out of bounds but he''s still a young man.

I''m all for him being a better footballer and each to his own but I wouldn''t want him to forget to have a bit of fun at the same time.