Sign in to follow this  
Tore Raaen

Canaries player on ipad

Hi there.

Any of you know if you can use Canaries player (first and foremost to hear BBC radio Norfolk on matchdays) on an Ipad?

Tore

Yes Tore you can. There is an app called ''Photon'' in the app store. I bought it for around £2.99 a couple of years ago and watched all the games on there last season and now listen to Canaries Player on there too. It''s a browser that supports flash player, all you do is go to the Canaries Player page and click the lightening bolt button the screen and away you go.

Hope this helps!

You need adobe, so you can''t use safari. Last time i checked (it was a while ago) the norwich club app didn''t support the radio feed either.

But, there is a way round it! If you download the puffin web browser, which does support adobe it should work fine. (you can even get a free version too!)

Recently downloaded Puffin web browser from the App Store, just to listen to Canary Player on my IPad. You will need to buy the full version, only £2.49, as you can only use the free version up until 4pm. Have had no problems so far, sound quality great.

One tip, go into settings/general/autolock on your IPad and change to never whilst listening to Canary Player unless everytime your IPad locks itself, it cuts offf the commentary.

OTBC

Try UC Browser on Android - it''s free and will automatically download the relevant Flash plugins for you when required.