Sign in to follow this  
Holtcantshoot

Josh Murphy

Thought he looked absolute class tonight. His pace, passing and finishing were all spot on and that goal he got at the end was the best I''ve seen at Norwich for a few years (actually scored by Norwich at least anyway). Would love to see both him and Redmond get a start against Bournemouth on Saturday. Them and Grabban would be absolutely terrifying as a front three at this level.

Can not agree more he looked great on left wing throughout the game and basically gave us the win.

The team looked poor but with a midfield of the two Murphy Bennet and Surman really no holding tackling midfield which nearly cost us dear at the end.

He only got a short run out against Blackburn but i thought he looked excellent then, too.I''d like to see him start in place of Redmond. Lafferty has narrowly been the better of our wingers so far, for me.It''s brilliant to see some talented youth coming through the ranks! Hopefully he doesn''t go the way of Ian Henderson...

He has definitely made a case for starting against Bournemouth. He is more of a goal threat than Redmond and whilst a year ago there was a gap between the 2 it isn''t so obvious now.

Not sure Adams will change a winning team (from Ipswich) though. It is exciting though with the likes of Howson, Olsson & Hooper to come back yet plus maybe another couple of signings.

I am actually getting excited at the possibilities for this season.

Redmond played quite well against Ipswich.

Dropping him would be the wrong move.

It''s nearly a year since Josh Murphy came on and scored that great goal at Watford. He''s obviously improved since then. He must be very close to a start in the league. He frightens defenders with his pace running in and around the box. With the intensity of the Champs we can use both Redmond and Murphy although not necessarily together. But they''d scare defenders half to death on the field at the same time.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Strongly disagree.

Get josh in for Bournemouth instead of Redmond and keep it that way. Redmond has had his chance at Birmingham and us for the last 2 seasons. And has got worse

[quote user="alartz"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote] Strongly disagree. Get josh in for Bournemouth instead of Redmond and keep it that way. Redmond has had his chance at Birmingham and us for the last 2 seasons. And has got worse[/quote]

Have all Josh''s first team appearances been as impressive as his one tonight against L1 side Crawley?

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Thought he looked absolute class tonight. His pace, passing and finishing were all spot on and that goal he got at the end was the best I''ve seen at Norwich for a few years (actually scored by Norwich at least anyway). Would love to see both him and Redmond get a start against Bournemouth on Saturday. Them and Grabban would be absolutely terrifying as a front three at this level. [/quote]

We''re you not there for the Tettey goal against Sunderland that was the best in my opinion. None the less though Josh had a fantastic game last night. Made . me excited to know we have a very good talented young player coming through. He looked a threat throughout the game.

Lets get this in perspective here, Redmond has been playing against Premiership players for all but 4 of his games with us, Murphy has played in the odd cup game against lower league opposition or occasional cameo apperance in the league.

Both of these players are still young and developing and I really can not believe the Redmond bashers on this forum!

[quote user="The Oracle"]

Lets get this in perspective here, Redmond has been playing against Premiership players for all but 4 of his games with us, Murphy has played in the odd cup game against lower league opposition or occasional cameo apperance in the league.

Both of these players are still young and developing and I really can not believe the Redmond bashers on this forum!

[/quote]

^^ This.

Last season Josh showed that while he has talent his threat at that level was not quite there,  and not up to Redmonds standard.

But it seems he has come on again over the summer and has started in great form.   So what we do have is two very talented pacy wingers in form competing for places,  one with a little more experience who we should start (and is likely to continue to improve) and another for the occassional start and the regular introduction against tiring defenders from 60-75 mins who is likely to imporve further for that extra game time. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s nearly a year since Josh Murphy came on and scored that great goal at Watford. He''s obviously improved since then. He must be very close to a start in the league. He frightens defenders with his pace running in and around the box. With the intensity of the Champs we can use both Redmond and Murphy although not necessarily together. But they''d scare defenders half to death on the field at the same time.

[/quote]

Don''t see why for some games against less physical teams we can;t play them together with Redmond on the right and Murphy on the left of the three playing behind the striker. Those two plus Grabban or Jerome with Wes supplying the ammo would give headaches to a lot of teams.

A trio of Redmond, Josh and Jerome could tear defenses apart by their sheer speed. Such a formation could be a revelation after last season''s laborious and inefficient game up front.

We are very fortunately developing a very good squad of players.

Let''s not be impatient, give these young men time.

Because of injury and circumstance Redmond was overplayed last season and this could be to his detriment. Let us not be impatient.

Josh Murphy possesses two qualities that are extremely hard, if not impossible, to coach. Excellent balance and superb composure.

He will become an outstanding player.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]We are very fortunately developing a very good squad of players. Let''s not be impatient, give these young men time. Because of injury and circumstance Redmond was overplayed last season and this could be to his detriment. Let us not be impatient. Josh Murphy possesses two qualities that are extremely hard, if not impossible, to coach. Excellent balance and superb composure. He will become an outstanding player.[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Dead Canary"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Thought he looked absolute class tonight. His pace, passing and finishing were all spot on and that goal he got at the end was the best I''ve seen at Norwich for a few years (actually scored by Norwich at least anyway). Would love to see both him and Redmond get a start against Bournemouth on Saturday. Them and Grabban would be absolutely terrifying as a front three at this level. [/quote]

We''re you not there for the Tettey goal against Sunderland that was the best in my opinion. None the less though Josh had a fantastic game last night. Made . me excited to know we have a very good talented young player coming through. He looked a threat throughout the game.[/quote]Actually I was on holiday eating dinner in a small restaurant in Malmo when Tettey scored his goal against Sunderland (still checking up on my phone though) which was probably why it slipped my mind. But agree, that was a cracking finish as well.

I wouldn''t start Murphy on Saturday, we shouldn''t change any of the team when we''re on a winning run unless we have to. However I would love to see him given more than the 10 minutes he was given against Blackburn.