Sign in to follow this  
pete

Fer today

Starts for QPR, subbed after 65 with Spurs winning 4-0 how do you feel.

So thats yet another good decision by the Board, whether by luck or judgement - who cares when it has put circa £10M in the Bank!!!

the may be cruel but im now hoping QPR and Hull get relegated then Norwich can wave at them as we get pass by on the way up with promotion.. Fer and Snoddy thinking: "doh" :)

Harry Redknapp genius manager, I don''t think so, according to BBC QPR have only 3 strikers one is Remy who will go if anyone pays the money and another is the prolific Zamora.

Also Traore still gets a game and with the veteran Ferdinand and Dunne at the back can only see a season of struggles. What a pity!

Really should have signed for Southampton, but maybe only QPR wanted him? Bad move Leroy...

I think it says a lot about a player when he will sign for just anyone just to be "a premier league footballer". Maybe it will come good for QPR, but they look to have learnt no lessons from the last time they were there.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]So thats yet another good decision by the Board, whether by luck or judgement - who cares when it has put circa £10M in the Bank!!!
[/quote]

Whatever the price JF, I am so glad we never agreed to a perfomance related monthly payment plan for his fee[:D]

First game in against a rampant first home game Spurs, always a tough call. Surprised he started straight away to be honest.

But we sure did get a good deal for him, but wish him the best of course........maybe pick him up next summer for a couple of million.....

[quote user="pete"]Starts for QPR, subbed after 65 with Spurs winning 4-0 how do you feel.[/quote]I should imagine the huge signing fee, coupled with the higher wages will soften any blow caused by being allowed to go for an early showeras to any gloating we have not banked £10m the money will be conditional so the more appearnces goals  he scores etc the better for usand the bigger any possible sell on fee might be

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]First game in against a rampant first home game Spurs, always a tough call. Surprised he started straight away to be honest.

But we sure did get a good deal for him, but wish him the best of course........maybe pick him up next summer for a couple of million.....[/quote] Yes a difficult first game, and only with his new team mates for a short while. But that doesn''t excuse the no-show (no effort?) that he put in today by all accounts.I expect DB''s comment was tongue in cheek but would we want him back?As seen at Poorman Road yesterday Adams has brought the team together and engendered a great spirit that was acknowledged by McCarthy. "No prima donnas". Fer appears to be one of those egos that just wants to be a premier league player - even though it could be argued he wasn''t up to the job at times last year when he went missing in our midfield on occasions.Be interesting to see how it unfolds for him at Loftus Road.

Dud his usual thing. Roaming around, jogging tempo. Never got stuck in, and lost hos marking og Dier for the 2-0 goal.

Gave away acres of space which Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli gratefully exploited. Lazy and low frequency footwork.

I dont think Fer even broke sweat during his 65 extremely poor minutes on the pitch.

Good sale.

TalkSport says Fer was " insignificant " well done McNally for getting £8/£10 million for an ordinary player. Looking forward to waving to him as we go up and QPR come back down.

While you points are valid and true city1st

I still find it hard to wish anything but misery and hardship on mercenary rangers

hell they still blame mark hughes for the the disaster season when as now the board are pulling all the transfer strings with a puppet manager

Don''t know why anyone would be happy about Fer not playing well.

It doesn''t bother us and anyone who has a personal dislike just because he left us have to realise that he owed us nothing and we owed him nothing. We made money on him so there you go.

He also congratulated us on winning the derby so, that negates any dislike from my end.

I doubt he''s fully fit. He had the hamstring problem at the World Cup that caused him to miss games, then got extended time off after that for his honeymoon. He wasn''t in the squad for Wolves, and he got 20 minutes at Watford when were 3-0 up and taking our foot off the gas. I doubt he got much of a pre-season when the priority would have been starting Johnson (and to a lesser extent Tettey)We''ll see with Fer. I remember Jamie Redknapp''s comments after the West Ham/West Brom game that he would be a great player IF he could do more than 20 minute spells every 3-4 games. 

CJRV 2014"]We should want him to be amazing as we have a sell on fee for him

???????

like the 20% sell on fee leaked to the newspapers

as for anyone not wishing him a good season its not him

but QPR if ever a team deserved to go bust and not exist its them harsh on the fans but not the owners

hell they are trying to weasel there way out of the 50million fine from the football league at the minute for cheating there way to promotion

QPR strong candidates for relegation!

Saw the highlights yesterday and their whole team looked like they have the Leroy Fer low tempo, gentle strolling attitude which would see them struggle in the Championship let alone the Premiership!

Good money for a player who likely would of been a negative influence on our team had he stayed!

I''m sure he''ll come good at some stage. If he doesn''t then he will not progress. He has potential, it is just a case of whether he will fulfil it. I wish him luck, unless of course he plays against us.