Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

you happy with Shrewsbury away in the cup

Just had a little look at their forum. A lot of their fans sayin its a winnable tie. Though gutted as its not a glamour tie esp as Forrest and Spurs were still left to be picked. Ah bless em

[quote user="alartz"]Yes 0-4[/quote]

deffo wont be easy if we stick the ''reserves'' out like last night....

Don''t think I''ll make this one. 2 hours each way is probably a bit much to see a weakened city team midweek. The New meadow is a nice little ground though, shame really as I used to live there and would''ve been nice to take the trip back up.

Put majority of first team in want to win this tie to help build confidence even more

Prefer not to be still in it to be honest but maybe a good workout if they send the youth squad and don''t risk any of the regular first team.

I''m happy with the draw particularly when the majority of EPL sides have drawn each other. If were are lucky we could get on a little bit of a Cup run, which would be great.

Who would have thought that last year.

OTBC

With the like of Hooper and Howson to come back, and another couple of signings very likely,and not too many to leave, then we will have a good sized, and quality wise, squad to put out a very decent side in the cup (s). Along with some of the young ''uns from the other night, then a cup run (with a nice draw please) would be a welcome addition to the season.

Remember going there when we last played them in the mid-80s when Duncan was in charge of Club Canary (or whatever it was called then). Bit of a long haul for midweek but a nice town to visit. Potentially winnable tie for either side but would be good to keep the confidence levels up with a cup run.

[quote user="Lord Horn Returns"]Remember going there when we last played them in the mid-80s when Duncan was in charge of Club Canary (or whatever it was called then). Bit of a long haul for midweek but a nice town to visit. Potentially winnable tie for either side but would be good to keep the confidence levels up with a cup run.[/quote]

Wouldn''t have said its a long haul, End of M54 and about 15 minutes on A5 not all that far from Wolves

Yep, good outing for the young fringe-players , maybe good time for the new boy to show what he''s got!!!

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Lord Horn Returns"]Remember going there when we last played them in the mid-80s when Duncan was in charge of Club Canary (or whatever it was called then). Bit of a long haul for midweek but a nice town to visit. Potentially winnable tie for either side but would be good to keep the confidence levels up with a cup run.[/quote]

Wouldn''t have said its a long haul, End of M54 and about 15 minutes on A5 not all that far from Wolves[/quote]

Didn''t know Wolves was near Beccles????

I should be able to go which would be good as there aren''t many fixtures in my part of the world until Sheff Wed in October.  Be good to tick another ground off the list.

I fully expect NA to put out a similar team to tuesday, and I''d expect us to go in as favourites as we have a strong looking squad now with plenty of new signings and young players looking to make an impact.  I can understand them viewing it as a winnable tie though, as they''re doing well (from the table) in L2 and will be aware that Champ teams don''t put out a first team in this competition, so at home they have a realistic chance against any team in the Champ - but I''d still view us as favourites.

Must admit I only realized after the game on tuesday that Crawley are in League 1.

In answer to the OPs question I don''t really mind who we play in this competition - it''s a good chance to give the squad players a run out more than anything else.  Nice to see that NA seems to have managed to motivate the players for it on Tuesday, unlike Lambert or Hughton.