Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

What another right winger from Falkirk?

What  another right winger from Falkirk?OK so who remembers when we signed Jim Oliver from Falkirk (1958–1962 Wiko) more-so who was there on his debut .I was thrilled at the time watching him tear off down the right wing at Carrow Road.Am not so thrilled at the date however after consulting records. Feels like yesterday LOL.Anyone else on here still alive who was at his first match for us and if so congrats at being a well established fan- plastic or plasticine no matter - Yor a brick.I was behind the goal on the left at the river end leaning right up against those well worn steel bars which cordoned off the pitch form the concrete standing area steps.P.S not my first game by a long way as I vaguely recollect seeing a red faced right winger puffing away and I asked my older  brother why he had such a red face - He replied cos he enjoyed a beer or two and it showed up on footballers faces cos they had to run so hard.I was then told to shut up shouting out  "PENALTY" every time one of our players was fouled because everyone is looking at him and that penalties are only given if the foul is in that box thing..

[quote user="Getalife"]OK so who remembers when we signed Jim Oliver from Falkirk (1958–1962 Wiko) more-so who was there on his debut .[/quote]Jim Oliver''s debut was 18th August 1962 so I think your old memory is playing tricks. [:D]

1958–1962     Falkirk     78     (13)1962–1964     Norwich City     40     (14)Not my memory just a copy paste from Wiki -1962 is the debut - 1958 to 1962 is his career with Falkirk.Sorry for any confusion.