Sign in to follow this  
Gruffnuts

Kyle McFadden

Really impressed me last night. Looked composed (but hit ''row z'' when he had to) read the game well and made some good interceptions, covered the full back position well, won his fair share of headers. But what impressed me the most was how vocal he was, he was constantly talking to Martin next to him, telling him where he wants him and organising the midfield infront of him.

Completely agree. Thought he had a very very decent debut. Did the basics well - looked an excellent prospect

Totally disagree. Think I must have been watching a different game. Yes, he was commited and no-nonsense but thought he got outjumped, outmuscled by the centre forward far to many times. Not very good in the air and lost the aerial battle. Far to many times he got caught in no mans land not knowing wether to attack the ball or drop off. Also think he''s to short for a centre back. I''m probably being way to harsh on the young man but think he will be much more suited to full back position as he matures.

I thought Cuellar did some excellent bits but also some awful stuff. Twice in the first half he was caught out with two aimless punts down field getting caught under the ball.

He was clearly short of match sharpness but is an excellent bit of business even if it is just for this season.

Agree that Cuellar needs game time to sharpen up, and rather too many edgy passes across the goal for my liking. Yes several mistakes, but thought they both had good games and McFadden bought a bit of pace to the back line aswell.

So strange how people see completely different things. I had a very good view of McFadden from the upper barclay and he was really pretty awful. Yes he got stuck in but was really bad at positioning, terrible in the air when, granted, he made some decent intercepted clearances, he had zero control of where the ball was going. Very shaky generally... Can''t see him breaking into the first team any time soon with Bennet and Turner still having plenty of life in them.

It is strange took a while for Crawley to realise that their player basically got a free header when against McFadden and he could be rushed into hoof ball anywhere.

Luckily they also did not realise that Rudd would only collect a cross if a yard or two away from him until last five minutes when they just threw crosses into six yard box knowing he would not come.

Thought he did ok.

We need to remember that this is essence his first year of actually playing high level football and the experience will stand him in good stead for his development.

We also need to remember that Crawley are no mugs and it''s a big difference between playing against other kids in youth team/under 21 football and experienced pro''s.

Let''s judge him after a few games, so far he''s had one start.

Crueller on the other hand needs game time to become sharper, it''s in there but needs time to adapt as he hasn''t played much recently.

McFadden abd Cuellar showed what they are.

McFadden is a young player who was looking to gain experience against better players .... and it showed.

Cuellar looked very rusty early on but the longer the game went on the better he got. He obviously needs game time.

Totally agree with OP very impressed with McFadden lots of talking and not at all fazed by making his début alongside some very experienced defenders

Don''t get me wrong. It was a goofucking work out for him and he will improve. I just had higher hopes and thought he may be better by now. But you''re right... Crawley gave us a bloody good go and we only conceded once. Im just not sure that at this stage I see much potential. Cuellar does need minutes also... I was simply talking about what I saw last night

I had a good view of McFadden sat in the lower Barclay, thought he had a decent game and was actually better than Cuellar. Very promising considering its only his first start..

agreequite a big step up and he didn''t look too out of place if at allbut then, if you want to ''have a go'' then the youths will always be an easy target

It''s funny isn''t it, because I thought Cuellar actually had a decent game. Looked a little off the pace once or twice, but that was all really. The og was unfortunate, but on the whole a solid 6 out of 10. I''d give McFadden the same mark. Better in the first half than the second, but on the whole a good solid display which will hopefully have been noticed by a league 1 or 2 club who would take him on loan. Positives outweighed the negatives on both fronts I thought.

First saw KMcF play when he was 13/14, he was the steadiest player on the pitch, he''s rated very highly over here...wouldnt be at all surprised if after a dew more 1st team appearances if he was called up to Irish senior squad, prob a run out in a friendly...could even be on 7 jun against you know who.