Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

if Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe does sign

The question is if we do sign him where will he play will it be bj''s spot tetteys Wes ? I would have thought if we get him he would be a dead cert to start so who makes way

Why would he??.

I would hope that Adams would not change a winning team, and a midfield which is playing well together!!.

Will have to wait for his chance just like the other squad players!!!!

I was thinking the same last night - tricky one especially as Tettey and BJ have both made such a good start to the season - unless of course someone is off?

It''s a squad thing and he''ll have plenty of opportunity to nail down a place. Same goes for Howson when he gets fit.

Funny game this, I know nothing about the guy but really hoping he signs - be exciting to see how he goes.

NA has said repeatedly that in our new "longer" season, - could be 45-50 games, with plenty mid-week, he will need to rotate the squad on a regular basis.

Add to this possible effect of injuries and suspensions - look at what has happened already, and it''s clear that for each position we need at least two players of equal ability. Then there is the question of loss of form.

Finally, he needs sufficient flexibility to change personnel and team shape to better suit the strategy he wishes to use. It''s not difficult to think of situations where he might want to use all three of them.

No one player should have a "nailed-down" right to a position, or he becomes too big for the team and even cramps its progress.

He has signed according to the belgian media...don''t understand why he hasn''t according to UK media: http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1285/Jupiler-Pro-League/article/detail/2017828/2014/08/29/Club-Brugge-krijgt-3-miljoen-euro-voor-Vadis-Odjidja.dhtml

I wouldn''t mind seeing this on occasions:

-----------------Ruddy----------------

Martin--Bennet--Turner--Olsson

-----------------Tettey-----------------

------------Ofoe----Howson--------

Redmond------------------Grabban

-----------------Hooper---------------

That is, if Hooper is still here (which I doubt) and Hoolahan isn''t on form. I think people forget that players like Tettey aren''t used to playing Saturday-Tuesday Saturday-Tuesday all the time, so squad rotation is key in this league in my opinion; obviously you can''t do it if you haven''t got the squad like most teams, but atm we have.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I wouldn''t mind seeing this on occasions:

-----------------Ruddy----------------

Martin--Bennet--Turner--Olsson

-----------------Tettey-----------------

------------Ofoe----Howson--------

Redmond------------------Grabban

-----------------Hooper---------------

That is, if Hooper is still here (which I doubt) and Hoolahan isn''t on form. I think people forget that players like Tettery aren''t used to playing Saturday-Tuesday Saturday-Tuesday all the time, so squad rotation is key in this league in my opinion; obviously you can''t do it if you haven''t got the squad like most teams, but atm we have.[/quote]

That would leave an incredibly strong bench, ant that is without allowing for any more arrivals before Monday night.

Yeah you''d have the likes of:

Hoolahan

Jerome

Lafferty

Murphy

Johnson

Whittaker

Cuellar

Garrido

that could make a good championship side in itself

I imagine he''ll have to bide his time until Tettey (unfortunalty) inevitably gets injured again then he''ll be competing with Tetty for the rest of the season, maybe covering Hoolahan as well if he gets injured. We definitely need him!

Been told he has signed and cost 3 million. Not sure how accurate this is as I don''t think he''s had a medical hss he?

This is apparently from the Daily Mail.