Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

Ofoe and Hooper

Ideally I want them both to be here at the end of the window. BUT if it came down to a choice who would you prefer or think is most needed?

Ofoe.

We badly need more power and drive in midfield to compliment Johnson and Tetty and Hooper is massively over rated. Misses chances just like Grabban but offers nothing outside the penalty box and by all accounts, appears to want to leave.

Sell Hooper for £6 million, Ofoe for £4 million? Yes please!

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Hooper , best striker at the club and we are stronger in midfield , upfront we are lacking if Hooper leaves .[/quote]I think you should have a word with Jaemae2 Cheapy, put him right.

Grabban has scored four in four, and probably missed twice as many. So far he has looked a very mobile and versatile striker, but he often needs two attempts at the ball. If someone could persuade me that Hooper is much more clinical, I could go for him rather than Ofoe, because we have Howson coming back and McGrandles and so far Bradley and Alex playing very well. I am not convinced that Lafferty will score a lot of goals, and Jerome is still new.

I am worried that we would have only three main strikers plus Loza and Becchio.

In terms of international valuation Ofoe surely is a higher value player. I would expect him to gain us 6 or 8 goals this season. He is something of a terror weapon. As he approaches at pace with the ball, you can see them thinking, "What do we do now?" I think that his defensive qualities are also very useful. He is perhaps not the all-round player as Fer, but he is quick and strong. I would hate it if we lost him.

Without seeing him play I will still go for Odjidja-ofoe. Hooper spends so much time injured there must be a table in the treatment room with a "reserved for Mr Hooper" sign on it.

As said before I really want them both to be here. However I do think that we need a more proven striker than Loza if Becchio is out of the door and as others have said I do not see a lot of goals coming from Lafferty or Jerome.

So if push comes to shove I would want Hooper to stay rather than Ofoe coming in as I am sure that Hooper will score a lot of goals at this level and we are already pretty strong in midfield.

Now that Ofoe has arrived lets do all that we can to keep Hooper and if he does go ensure that he is sold for another club record fee!