Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

who was your first

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]1st May 1993

1 - 0 victory over Liverpool courtesy of a Dave Phillips penalty after David James had been sent off.

Being a young boy I remember I remember celebrating, forgetting the chair seats went back up, and landing on the floor!![/quote]that was my first game too!I think it was a cub scout group day out! I remember we had to wear scout scarves. I think I was too young to notice the humiliation and so I enjoyed the football.Considering that we were 2nd in the league at this point (I think), does this make us glory supporters?

Back in the mists of time, we won 2-0[URL=http://s107.photobucket.com/user/SwindonCanary/media/firstgameprogramme.jpg.html][IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/SwindonCanary/firstgameprogramme.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

City v Stoke October 4th 1975

City lost 1-0 to a Sean Haslegrave goal

Stoke had a good side then Peter Shilton, Mel Pejic and Jimmy Greenhoff

That were I pined my colours to the mast !!

Norwich 0 Portsmouth 0, 1966/67. Memorable for being our first home game after the World Cup win, which, come to think of it, is probably why my Dad took me.

Sat on the fence at the front in The Barclay and was nearly hit by the ball. Ducked and it smacked some poor lad in the face behind me.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy "]Misunderstood the title of this thread....[/quote]

Was it me? [:D]
[/quote]

It''s an age thing with Kathy she probably thought it said who was your last Lapp. In that case as you were placed on the list for God''s waiting room on your birthday last week it might well have been you. [:D]

March 1963 when we played Newcastle in the FA Cup on a Wednesday night and won 5-0 which was either before or after playing Stoke on the Saturday in a league game which we won 6-0. Cannot remember which came first but they were my first 2 games.

It was against Carlise in the 70''s

A foggy Tuesday night, so bad at times that I couldn ''t see the South Stand from the Main Stand.

Do remember Kenny Foggo (no pun) hurtling up and down the wing.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Norwich 3 -2 Sunderland, first game of Dave Stringer''s last season so must have been the 1991-92 season?[/quote]
we didnt play Sunderland in the league that year... we did in the FA Cup semi final and lost 1-0... that goal was offside... my 10 year old self said it then and I still maintain it was now..... Sunderland broke my heart and went to Wembley... B*llocks to the "friendly cup"... I hope they go bankrupt one day....

My programme from my first game turned up today and is in mint condition.

I also have lots of programmes at my Mothers dating back to the 1960''s and 70''s. If anyone is interested in getting their hands on programmes from their first game let me know and we can sort something out.

I paid £4 for mine which is a good price for something sentimental so that is what I will offer them for if anyone wants and also I do have it.

let me know, cheers

SB

September 1969 I think as a youngster but most remember Swindon at home 22/4/72 in the River End

Bloody hell, looks like I''m the baby of the forum :D

Mine was November 2006, Norwich 2-0 Northampton in the League Cup. Huckerby and Ashton with the goals. Been to about 120 games since, and have had a season ticket since 2009.

Home game against Millwall in Feb 1972, the season we first got promoted to the top flight.