Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

who was your first

So what was your first game ? Mine would have been millwall in the fa cup 92 I stood in the Barclay and nearly got the life squeezed out of me on the blue bars I think we won 2-0 or maybe 2-1 . I also remember the rain of 2p that were being thrown all game

April 1985, Norwich City 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1.

I remember virtually nothing about it.

Mine was Easter 1978, at Poorman Road, Ipswich won 4-0. I was young, stood in a corner section with Ipswich rellies and could see bog-all (just as well, really - though in those days I didn''t really support anyone)

November 1991.. Rumbelows cup 4th round. Norwich 2-1 West Ham. Flecky scored twice. Mike small scored for west ham after a huge C*cok up from Polston, Bowen and Gunn.

1st May 1993

1 - 0 victory over Liverpool courtesy of a Dave Phillips penalty after David James had been sent off.

Being a young boy I remember I remember celebrating, forgetting the chair seats went back up, and landing on the floor!!

27 October 1984

2-0 win over QPR. That was the week the main stand caught fire and I was worried the game would be cancelled. Deehan and Channon were the goal scorers.

I should''ve known that it would never be boring what with a cup win and relegation in my first season!

March 1968 I think against Bristol City, all a bit overawed by it all at the time.Never had to pay in those days, either got lifted over the turnstile by my Dad or let in the old side gate between the Barclay and main stand by my mates dad who was a copper.If we couldn''t get in for free then we would hang around till half time when they would open the gates up and we would stand near the floodlight pylons on the old concrete steps that led into the Barclay, was the only place we could see from - happy days

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy "]Misunderstood the title of this thread....[/quote]Was it me? [:D][/quote]Can''t remember eh Lapps......................[;)]

Funny I see this thread today as I have just stumbled upon and purchased the matchday programme from it. The game; Southampton at home, 29th October 1988. A just turned 6 year old Shannock Bob watched Robert Fleck put City ahead before one of the Wallace brothers equalised. Somewhere inbetween Andy Townsend swallowed his tongue.

26 years later and still hooked

OTBC

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy "]Misunderstood the title of this thread....[/quote]

Was it me? [:D]
[/quote]

Can''t remember eh Lapps......................[;)]
[/quote]

He''d remember [:D]

[quote user="Kathy "]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy "]Misunderstood the title of this thread....[/quote]Was it me? [:D][/quote]Can''t remember eh Lapps......................[;)][/quote]

He''d remember [:D][/quote]

[:D]

3-1 win over Luton in October ''71. I remember them chanting "Fertiliser" at the home fans.

As a schoolboy we used to go to games if we were playing a Norwich school - we would be dropped off in town and hitch home from Daniels roundabout (or catch the train if we had any money left).

December 1975, home to West Ham, won 1-0 apparently.

The first game I remember really well was home to Villa when their keeper got knocked out by a coin thrown from the Barclay, Fash got sent off, oodles of agro on and off the pitch, John Bond and Arthur South appealing for calm and think it ended 2-2.

That''s when football really started to make sense!

10th August 2002

Norwich 4 Grimsby 0

Was also my 10th birthday, was sitting in the N&P lower, was hooked as soon as I walked through to see the pitch

31st January 1991 v Swindon. Won 3-1 with goals from fleck and Gordon.

Had just come out of hospital as a 5 year old after 4 weeks for operation etc.

[quote user="Kathy "]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy "]Misunderstood the title of this thread....[/quote]Was it me? [:D][/quote]Can''t remember eh Lapps......................[;)][/quote]

He''d remember [:D]

[/quote]

http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/923

Was it here?

Was my first time too. And the first time on Match Of The Day.

Could it have been?

23 Oct 1993 West Ham at home in the PL, 0-0.

Upper Barclay with my dad. I just remember grey skies and goal action to match... it was still enough