Sign in to follow this  
yellowasanything

I actually feel sorry for Ipswich...

Whilst perusing the usual banter, both before and after last week''s Derby, I visited a couple of Ipswich message boards.

As well as the usual ''we''re the pride of Anglia''…''they have no history'' etc threads there were a few detailed discussions regarding their finances post Evans becoming involved with the club.

They appear to be entering an extremely challenging period following the impact of FFP which could easily (it is argued) result in another administration.

Whilst it is one thing to beat them and then rub their noses in it, the idea of them doing a ''Portsmouth'' is more than just pie in the sky.

Whilst it would be funny if they dissapeared, I thought their debt was owed to Evans and until he calls it in they are okay?

True…but what fans were saying is that their survival is very much linked to the performance of his business.

The club provides him with a ''tax break'' allowing him to bury losses, but the debt to him is now something like £80 million.

Realistically, they almost need a miracle to get promoted with their current squad and lack of spending power.

Why feel sorry for them! They mocked us big style when we went down to league 1 and waved £20 pounds notes at us while singing '''' they are feckin loaded'''' when Evans took over! Think its called Karma

[quote user="Adams Family"]Why feel sorry for them! They mocked us big style when we went down to league 1 and waved £20 pounds notes at us while singing '''' they are feckin loaded'''' when Evans took over! Think its called Karma[/quote]Spot on. Just ask yourself; in 2009 when we were on the brink, just before we poached Lambert, did Town have sympathy for us? No.

I am here, old fella"They appear to be entering an extremely challenging period following the

impact of FFP which could easily (it is argued) result in another

administration.

"That is merely an excuse for Evans to bleed them even further.The money from the sale of Cresswell could be used for the playing budget without it affecting the FFP rules. So where is it ?  In the same back pocket as went the money from the sales of Walters and Wickham.Is Evans asset stripping ? No, cry the dimwits  "e''s pumping money in, innit"  they cry. So what was the transfering of their training ground to an Evans offshore company about ? Why are they now paying rent for some they previously owned ?What happened to the much vaunted Cat 1 academy that Evans ''promised'' the suffolk numpties ? They can have it if they (the fans) pay for it. And guess what ? Yet Evans could have funded it, again without it affect FFP rules.Their previous debt stood at £82m or £89m as of June 2013, so it would be safe to say that it is even higher now. But it is now almost academic, much as those life sentences in the USA that are for 900 years or more.The club is nothing more than a ''zombie'' club, Merely going through the motions with nothing in the way of life blood or a future. Their youth system is moribund, their gates, income and season ticket sales fall year on year - 5000 empty seats for a long awaited derby, says it all.Time to put the poor old donkey out of it''s misery

...but who would really like an Old Farm Derby in the Premier League? I know I would. Fiercest competition at the highest level.

With the greatest respect to the OP, I fear you have a very short memory (regarding the waving of notes at FCR) or you weren''t supporting us then, but sympathy? No, not a chance from me.

I would happily see them do a ''Portsmouth'' and drop to League 2, not out of the League all together but, sink to the depths.

K Lo, again I am happy to beat them twice in any League, but if they got to the Prem League (yeh, I know, snowball in hells chance) that would just get their dribbling ''masses'' thinking they were the next Champions League winners etc. Deluded is an under used word here I feel

City 1st, I must say that no matter how many times you update us on their plight, I NEVER get bored reading about it. Please keep it up, and us informed

I think you get where I stand in this debate........

I''ll never feel sympathy for them. Not after some of the comments when we were relegated to League 1. Ironically, Ipswich would benefit from relegation to League 1. They''d have a chance of getting promotion and gaining momentum. Not that I want them to.

As mentioned, the various youtube clips of them just after Evans takeover is all you ever need to know.

The waving of £20 notes with Champions League an inevitability within five years, our own predicted demise and never to return.

Shame hey!

They have made their bed with Evans, they knew what type of character he was.

No sympathy for me. If someone like that approached Norwich I''d be terrified.

it is not the waving of £20 notes that is of any great concern - it makes a change from pitchforks, but the despicable behaviour of their grubby litlle club in the run up to administrationthe red faced shyster was giving his backing to the belief that all was ok, financially, at poorman road, suppliers would still get paid as would various contracters who were still owed moneythe suffolk farm hands tell us that iut was the loss of the ITV digital money that caused their demise - conveniently forgetting that it was around £2m whereas they defrauded the taxman of £4.7m - the ''family'' club was deducting tax from staff/players wages and using it to pay bonuses etcwe owed around £13m when we went into the PL - we paid off that debt, something that would have impacted on our playing budgetI have yet to hear the paupers state that those small traders and suppliers hould be paid were their club to get promoted - in fact anytime I have rasiedc this questio I have been told, words to the effect " stuff ''em"to hear City fans talk of wanting to see this thieving little club in the PL is sickening - long may they rot at the level they deserve

I laughed when the binners waved their money at us... Evans bought a debt... he didn''t buy the club or pump any money into it.

he simply purchased the debt Ipswich Owed to Norwich Union, and therefore all the assets that sit with the club transferred to him (these would have been used to servce the debt).

he can charge them whatever the hell rate of interest he wants, and they have to pay it... is it called Asset Stripping? or is it just getting rich for doing nothing?

they have no sponsor.. Evans name is on the front of the shirts.. it costs him nothing to do this as they are simply giving him the money back in debt repayments.... The ground is owned by the council.. so they cannot sell it to service the debt... they cannot sell tickets to bring in much needed revenue...

The clock is ticking... I don''t think the next Portsmouth... I think the next Scarboro...

you forget that they could sell their training ground to raise some money

ooops, forgothe''s already taken that and put it under the ownership of one of his offshore companies

still, they do get the benefit of paying rent on something they previously ownedcue, rural dimwits tugging their forelock and muttering stuff about''master knows best ''

ps where''s cortwank_king disappeared to ?he was on here waving his pitchfork and bleating out all manner of binman bo llox after they beat Fulham  and we lost at Wolves ..................since then

RIPswich

Seeing as it''s Friday could somebody of greater technical ability post the Nigel Pickover interview with Marcus Evans, it still warms parts few other pieces of ''Bin'' journalism ever could.

The snivelling, crawling masterpiece that shall remain enshrined in Carrow Rd folklore for evermore.

"Nigel Pickover, we salute you"

[quote user="City1st"]it is not the waving of £20 notes that is of any great concern - it makes a change from pitchforks, but the despicable behaviour of their grubby litlle club in the run up to administrationthe red faced shyster was giving his backing to the belief that all was ok, financially, at poorman road, suppliers would still get paid as would various contracters who were still owed moneythe suffolk farm hands tell us that iut was the loss of the ITV digital money that caused their demise - conveniently forgetting that it was around £2m whereas they defrauded the taxman of £4.7m - the ''family'' club was deducting tax from staff/players wages and using it to pay bonuses etcwe owed around £13m when we went into the PL - we paid off that debt, something that would have impacted on our playing budgetI have yet to hear the paupers state that those small traders and suppliers hould be paid were their club to get promoted - in fact anytime I have rasiedc this questio I have been told, words to the effect " stuff ''em"to hear City fans talk of wanting to see this thieving little club in the PL is sickening - long may they rot at the level they deserve

[/quote]

This.

I never really disliked or cared about them until their admin fiasco.

They deserve every misfortune they get

[quote user="City1st"]I am here, old fella"They appear to be entering an extremely challenging period following the

impact of FFP which could easily (it is argued) result in another

administration.

"That is merely an excuse for Evans to bleed them even further.The money from the sale of Cresswell could be used for the playing budget without it affecting the FFP rules. So where is it ?  In the same back pocket as went the money from the sales of Walters and Wickham.Is Evans asset stripping ? No, cry the dimwits  "e''s pumping money in, innit"  they cry. So what was the transfering of their training ground to an Evans offshore company about ? Why are they now paying rent for some they previously owned ?What happened to the much vaunted Cat 1 academy that Evans ''promised'' the suffolk numpties ? They can have it if they (the fans) pay for it. And guess what ? Yet Evans could have funded it, again without it affect FFP rules.Their previous debt stood at £82m or £89m as of June 2013, so it would be safe to say that it is even higher now. But it is now almost academic, much as those life sentences in the USA that are for 900 years or more.The club is nothing more than a ''zombie'' club, Merely going through the motions with nothing in the way of life blood or a future. Their youth system is moribund, their gates, income and season ticket sales fall year on year - 5000 empty seats for a long awaited derby, says it all.Time to put the poor old donkey out of it''s misery

[/quote]Thanks for that C1.I love your 1p5wich reports.You''d need a heart of stone not to laugh[:D]

It would be nice if someone could dig up that pisstake at the Pickover interview because it was classic stuff.

Pickle Nigeover.

Oh how we laughed.

"“I’m not in a position to accept a bid or to turn one down,” McCarthy

said. “You’d have to speak to Marcus about that, whether there’s a value

on anybody."
   mad mickso on what basis with Evans decide to sell ?football .... the squad needsor shoving more dosh into his back pocket (''pumping money in'' as the dimwits would have it)

[quote user="ricardo"]It would be nice if someone could dig up that pisstake at the Pickover interview because it was classic stuff.

Pickle Nigeover.

Oh how we laughed.[/quote]Here''s the original Ricardo........http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/how_i_met_town_s_mystery_magnate_marcus_1_163661And here''s the one you referred to.........http://norwichcityfc.wordpress.com/2008/05/22/evening-star-send-up-well-worth-a-read/[:D] [:D] [:D]