Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Bassong to Palace?

I''m with you Canaryking - I''ve been away and largely out of contact, so saw this long thread which looks interesting but appears to bear no resemblance at all to its title.

Are we any nearer to knowing if Bassong is due to be leaving us at some point?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m with you Canaryking - I''ve been away and largely out of contact, so saw this long thread which looks interesting but appears to bear no resemblance at all to its title.

Are we any nearer to knowing if Bassong is due to be leaving us at some point?[/quote]

God knows!

what happened to all those miracles and that smiting business we used to get plenty of that sort of stuff in the past

Just read through this thread again and apart from one or two posters who have no idea about what religion is and no real interest and just spout stuff that they must have heard at school,  there have been some interesting points.   Bassong is apparently a deeply religious man and his comparitive wealth has put huge pressure on him as he looks after what is quoted as "hundreds" of poor family members in Cameroon.   He apparently likes to be positive  - and we have all seen him play well, particularly in his first season.   Last season the whole team struggled - and Bassong struggled along with them.  Was he that bad last season? Maybe, but maybe the pressure got to him - the pressure of a team unable to score goals which in turn increased the pressure on the defence to keep them out.  But - he is not in favour, for whatever reason - and if he showed dis-respect he deserves what he has got - but whatever, it would be a good move to see him go to Palace where he can rebuild his career and we can move on.   A decent player, caught up as the main man and captain in the Hughton experiment and as such probably better if he left.  A good fit for Palace. 

Whats wrong with this forum? 7 pages of bible discussions, and almost not a single word about the acctual topic.

People are saying that Bassong is deeply (how do you quantify that?) religious, and every thing else that goes with his beliefs .

Other people are saying that Bassong stood up in the team meeting and said what he ''said'' to Neil Adams.

I cannot link the two, so, in my mind something isn''t right. One day we might get both sides of the story, in the meantime Bassong needs to get himself another Club.

LDC, are you referring to me, as one of the people on here, who got his opinions from School?

Seeings as I had the Christian religion thrust at me from every direction when I was at school I hope you weren''t referring to me either LDC

All I will say on the subject of religion is that for over 1000 years it has held back the human race. When it dies we will be able to realise the potential we have.

As for Bassong clearly there has been a big falling out because since Adams came in he has been frozen out. In these situations the manager has to be backed, which he is being.

[quote user="JF"]All I will say on the subject of religion is that for over 1000 years it has held back the human race. When it dies we will be able to realise the potential we have.

As for Bassong clearly there has been a big falling out because since Adams came in he has been frozen out. In these situations the manager has to be backed, which he is being.[/quote]I don''t think i can agree with that. Speaking as a fan of art,the Christian church, or at least the wealth of it, drove along Western art, sculpture, architecture etc to what it is today. Even something we take for granted, printing and the written word, religion has a major part o play.

Anyway, sod Bassong off ASAP and get in a replacement who does want to play here.

@ crabby and hairy. Not directed at you at all.  Referring to the cynical ejaculations of other posters who prefer to ridicule anything that they don''t really want to talk or think about.      

What are you on about Lakey?

Religion is a personal thing and the one thing everyone is allowed to differ on....what you just said "cynical ejeculationof other posters" is not a bit of what you are doing too?

Religion and politics not good to talk about :-)

So has there been any further news on Bassong is he going?

Also if Bassong is deeply religious should he not give City his waged back for ladt year ? It''s like steeling given his no show ladt year! :-)

[quote user="Indy"]What are you on about Lakey?

Religion is a personal thing and the one thing everyone is allowed to differ on....what you just said "cynical ejeculationof other posters" is not a bit of what you are doing too?[/quote]

Oh dear, I''m sorry if I wasn''t clear.   I didn''t want to name names, but I was referring only to City 1st, whose contributions on this thread having nothing to do with religion or Bassong, him using it as a vehicle to spout forth his usual diatribe of debunking anything that doesn''t fit his narrow view of  the world.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy"]What are you on about Lakey?

Religion is a personal thing and the one thing everyone is allowed to differ on....what you just said "cynical ejeculationof other posters" is not a bit of what you are doing too?[/quote]

Oh dear, I''m sorry if I wasn''t clear.   I didn''t want to name names, but I was referring only to City 1st, whose contributions on this thread having nothing to do with religion or Bassong, him using it as a vehicle to spout forth his usual diatribe of debunking anything that doesn''t fit his narrow view of  the world.

[/quote]

Sorry Lakey got the wrong end of the stick matey.....sorry.