Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Chris Hughton

For anyone wondering what he is doing he would seem to be a pundit on Bein sports with Andy Gray, certainly on the Chelsea v Everton game.....no good at that either

Probably very cautious and non committal in his opinions

"I think both teams could have defended better, Andy. They''re great lads, don''t get me wrong, but I reckon that both teams came unstuck by trying to score goals. The key to playing successful football, especially away from home, is to keep giving the ball away and then to suffocate the attacking side by boring them, and their supporters, to death. It''s true that you occasionally have to sacrifice a lot of your own supporters to achieve this goal, but look here - this bit here - Chelsea keep passing the ball forwards and to other Chelsea players. That''s just basic football I''m afraid, you can''t keep doing that away from home and expect to achieve anything. Then in this clip here, Everton go behind and try to get back into the match. Ridiculous really, everybody knows if you go one down then your priority has to be not going two down and if you nick one with an optimistic punt upfield and lucky deflection then, hey, the gods have smiled on you. I think we can safely say neither of these teams are going to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season unless they go back to basics and change the way they are approaching the matchday experience. Twenty nine attempts on goal in a match says something has gone badly wrong and if I was Martinez or Mourinho then I''d be getting all the lads back in tomorrow for extra "hoof and organise" drills."