Sign in to follow this  
nobbyg

Leon and Sidwell Swap rumour

Now that would be quality.

http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm

An interesting little story on here about Francis and Leon and the cheekbone.  This was touted at the time but now people are trying to use this and Morrisson signing and our search for a midfielder and Ashton staying to make a story.

Leon''s family have definitely gone back to London.

There are only so many jigsaw pieces you can have before you can''t make a picture anymore.

Posted something about this on the Transfer Talk board this morning.

I think it makes perfect sense, now Morrison is coming, to do a swap deal that brings Sidwell in to create true competition in central midfield.
Leon is very popular because of his whole-hearted approach, but IMO Morrison may be a better match to Deano''s height and strength. The only question seems to be one of attitude, the one area Leon excels!

At least this option is nicer to contemplate than the one which says Morrison is a replacement for Deano - that would be that would be a huge backward step.

Also some rumours about Bentley returning. Not sure how reliable this site is though.

Its a funny old game!

i also heard that a £750k fee had been agreed for Leon from Reading..

I prefer the leon + cash in return for sidewell rumour though

[quote]i also heard that a £750k fee had been agreed for Leon from Reading.. I prefer the leon + cash in return for sidewell rumour though[/quote]

ive heard the same thing, i made a thread on it earlier.

like the francis deal, £750k rising to around £1.5 million with bonuses and whatever.

Althought sidwell would be a great addition, i think it should be money + sidwell for what leon is worth!!

If its true it would be money + Leon for Sidwell, surely! We all love Leon because of his work-rate and the goals against the scummers, but lets be honest his first touch is woeful and he misses to many chances. He didn''t set the Premiership on fire, did he?

If we get Morrison, I would happily swap cash + Leon for Sidwell. I would prefer to keep Leon though AND land Sidwell but we can''t have it all...

Yeah you cant fault Leon''s energy and enthusiasm but his finishing is poor

My daughter will be devasted if he goes - she thinks he is gorgeous and wonderful

I heard the cheekbone-incident rumour at the time it happened. But that''s always given as the "real" reason when players injure each other in training. 

[quote]Also...don''t forget we still owe Peterborough a percentage of any sell-on fee for Leon[/quote]

That''s an interesting one - if we did a straight swap and didn''t actually receive any cash for Leon then I guess we wouldn''t have to give Peterborough any money!? I wonder what they would say about that! I wouldn''t be happy if Wigan did a straight swap for Francis at some point and we didn''t receive anything!?

[quote]I heard the cheekbone-incident rumour at the time it happened. But that''s always given as the "real" reason when players injure each other in training.[/quote]

i too did hear this.

wouldnt supprise me if its true, but on the pitch they seemed to get on well, so prehaps its all in the past.

prehaps this is what is effecting leons game?

If it is true, poor leon, doesnt deserve it

and im bloody glad francis has gone if its true aswell

[quote]That''s an interesting one - if we did a straight swap and didn''t actually receive any cash for Leon then I guess we wouldn''t have to give Peterborough any money!? I wonder what they would say about th...[/quote]

if that happened, then logically, as sidwell is the fee, then we would owe peterborough a percentage of sidwell. maybe an arm, or leg.

[quote]i too did hear this. wouldnt supprise me if its true, but on the pitch they seemed to get on well, so prehaps its all in the past. prehaps this is what is effecting leons game? If it is true, poor ...[/quote]

99% sure its true, heard it several places now from very reliable people.

Hell yeah!!  I would absolutely love this rumour.  Leon +500K for Sidwell.  Yes please.  Won''t happen though.  People are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.  Reading may well come in for Leon but they wouldn''t sacrifice Sidwell

Yeah I heard the rumour too a few months ago, and if true it would certainly explain Francis'' haste to get the hell out of Norwich. I''d want to move too if Leon wanted to hurt me...

It''d also explain why Francis played so poorly in the second half of the year.

Anyway, I''ll be sorry to see Leon go. He''s written himself into Norwich legend

...even if his first touch is terrible and he needs multiple chances to score...

The Leon-Francis-Cheekbone thing is definitely true.

The ''Leons Family have moved to London and he wants to join them'' thing is also true.

The ''Morrison is a replacement for Leon'' is true.

The ''Leon will have left by the end of August'' thing is true.

I think that McKenzie should stay having watched him score two goals in his first game against the scum then play his heart out in every game for us in the prem for me he should of won player of the season last year!!!!!!!!.

If you are reading this NW don''t get rid of leon and replace him with a work shy fop, leon will score the goals for us just give him a chance.

I LOVE YOU LEON(but in a manly way of course)

[quote]if that happened, then logically, as sidwell is the fee, then we would owe peterborough a percentage of sidwell. maybe an arm, or leg.[/quote]

They could have his ginger hair??

The cheekbone "fight" rumour Ive heard from too many independent stories now. It makes sense too when you consider Francis loss in form from Christmas onwards, and the fact he had to go.

Got to be true.

Good riddance and sorry for Leon if its true.

I know quite a few Reading season ticket holders (even got back from there a couple of hours ago!) and they all say that if he did go, they couldn''t exactly care. Why? Because he has exactly the same attitude as Francis. Pretensions of being a Premiership/top Championship team player and not caring about his current club. I say we forget about him and look for a midfielder elsewhere.

Such a swop, with financial adjustment,presumably, would make us a very strong team, but can you honestly see Reading being willing to part with arguably their greatest asset?

Look at the consternation, dismay, expressed here and elsewhere at the possible exit of Ashton. Presumably something similar would happen at Reading.

It may be that Mckenzie is on his way, and we could debate his qualities against those of Morrison, but we would be living in cloud cuckoo land to believe that Sidwell is coming here. In any case Morrison''s signature is not assured yet.

Whatever else happens, for us to sign Sidwell would surely involve a big payment, perhaps £4? I would love Sidwell to play for Norwich, but after finding two CM already I can''t see the club spending big money for another.

This rumour is starting to look even more like a big fat lie.

Ive just been speaking to some royal fans, and they apparently have turned down deals from the likes of everton and charlton, stating that they would not sell Sidwell for anything less than £4 million.

unless we are offering cash aswell, it look like McKenzie is staying, as there is no way he is worth £4 million in my opinion!