Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

What team when we have a fully fit squad?

Anyone want to hazard a guess at what team or formation will be our strongest line up when we finally have the likes of Howson, Hooper and the two new guys to throw into the mix?I would go for 4-4-1-1RuddyWhittakerOlssonMartinTurnerRedmondHowsonTetteyOdjija-OfoeGrabbanHooperwith any number of possibilities on the bench

Its almost as important to ask ,what bench when we have a fully fit squad?

we could have Hooper,Howson,Olsson and Odjidge-Ofoe available for the next match ,whilst I''d expect Olsson to come back into the 1st XI even if the other 3 are on the bench they make our matchday squad far stronger and give us more options.

football is very much a 14 man game nowadays, if Johnson or Tettey are running out of steam Ofoe can come on and carry on the shift, if Hoolahan runs out of ideas ,Howson can come on in an advanced role, he''s probably the closest we have to Wes, if Grabban tires, Hooper can come in.......3 alternatives that don''t drop the quality of the team.

unfortunately today we were still just short off the bench of people who could have come on and made a real difference in the last 10 mins, no disrespect to the likes of O''Neil,Bennett or Loza.

The amount of work Wes put in he must have been absultely cream crackered. Only started to flag in the last 15 minutes when distribution started to go astray.

it will depend on who we are playingand I cannot see Adams taking the ''table football'' approach to the game either

Why change formation/starting line up when we are 4 unbeaten?

I just can''t believe that we''ll continue for too much longer with Lafferty out wide, just don''t think its doing us or him any favours, sooner or later something must give here, we''ll either play a proper wide man out there....or we''ll play 2 central strikers, just hope one of them is Hooper.

would love to see for a few games

-------------------ruddy-----------------

martin---bennett---turner---olsson

-----------ofoe---tettey---howson---

-----------------hoolahan--------------

---------grabban-----hooper---------

with olsson bombing forward and grabban playing out wide when without the ball.

Our best back 5 is obviously:

Ruddy

Martin R.Bennett Turner Olsson

Johnson and Tettey look good together in that 2, but where do Howson & Ojidi-Ofoe fit into that formation.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Our best back 5 is obviously:

Ruddy

Martin R.Bennett Turner Olsson

Johnson and Tettey look good together in that 2, but where do Howson & Ojidi-Ofoe fit into that formation.[/quote]

I agree, I guess it comes down to Adams having a couple of formations one with width and one playing more centrally, both look equally strong to me, the big problem IMO is if one becomes the prominent "best" formation then there''s an awful lot of good players barely getting a game.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bennett Olsson

Johnson Odjidja

Hoolahan

Redmond Lafferty

Grabban

Although i think Bennet will be replaced by a new CB hopefully

But we have alot of options so its hard to pin point a best 11, howson could easily replace Johnson or hoolahan

Tettey has to be in it. His work ethic for the team is second to none.

I am one of Wes'' biggest fans, but for me the only way he would get in that line up would be instead of Grabban or Hooper playing just off the striker, however as an impact player from the bench i think he could be very useful. I put Howson ahead of him because I think Howson scores more, it was a very close call so really could be either for me tbh!!

agree with all that you''ve said cjrv. can''t see surman staying as o''neil''s come in as well as ofoe and i''m sure there will be interest from apr (remy''s gone) and palace (warnock). Tettey was a beast yesterday especially; dominates that midfield