Sign in to follow this  
pete

It isn't only me

I have read all the posts since the game ended after eventually getting home. Apparently I seem to be the only one posting that Redmond was apalling today. Even the pull back from the byline for the goal was a mistake as he really intended to cut inside as per usual. Seemed to lose confidence and failed to try to take on the full back. Can we sell him before Monday apparently the new Scots lad is a crackerjack.

The perceived wisdom is that Murphy plays better when starting, thus play JM from the start and give Redmond a kick up the R''s. He is not as good as he thinks he is.

every time he got the ball today we heard the groans in the crowd; thats appalling. It''s making the boy lose confidence, he got an assist today, he can make things happen. Today he didn''t get himself in the best of positions and seemed to shy away from it...I wonder why.

I thought the crowd was appalling.

I can only go by what I hear around me, but in that second half everyone around me was shouting abuse at him, it was horrible and I felt the level of moaning and groaning was unwarranted. If no one was groaning around you then its obviously not the whole ground, but it was everyone (virtually) around me and it sounds awful when that happens.

Always thought we were supportive of young players. The lad hasn''t angled for a move since relegation and deserves better.

Leave the coaching to those in the dugout, he will do better with our encouragement.

He intended to cut inside, but instead mistakenly put in a perfect cross for Grabban to nod in?

Thought Redmond played well and that was a great assist for the goal. To start having a go at him for claiming his cross was somehow a "mistake" seems a bit odd. He''s a young lad and one that opponents are genuinely scared to play against. Mind you I never really understood the criticism Snodgrass got throughout last season. Though of course his Player of the season award and £6m+ transfer back to a premier league side sure proved me wrong there. And I''m pretty sure the alleged problem with Snoddy (imagined or otherwise) was that he prevented us from giving the then megastar Nathan Redmond enough time on the ball. Bizarre.

Redmond is a great player, and is only 20 years old. To single him out for criticism today when the whole team were poor smacks of an agenda.

Especially when he got the assist for our goal as well...

I was a bit disappointed with Redmond''s second half performance but I''d still have him in the team.

20 years old.

Hell of a talent and does all he can for norwich. Hasn''t once publicly talked about a return to the premier league despite the interest...also admitted 100% fault for the goal on twitter. Takes a lot to come out in the media and admit mistakes.

Another point, personally I think we looked worse when became off. He always attracts atleast 2 men to mark him and that gives freedom for other players, clearly not taken into account....

I agree I also thought we lost something going forward when he came off, he has a great talent and was not helped yesterday by whittaker being to keen to get past him and running into the space Redmond wanted to go. He has to be in the team and the cross for the goal was intended so people just get off his back and support the whole team and stop singling players out and criticizing them, we have had a great start to the season, and give some credit to bournemouth they were well organised and I believe deserved a result out of the game, I think a draw was a fair result.

[quote user="pete"]I have read all the posts since the game ended after eventually getting home. Apparently I seem to be the only one posting that Redmond was apalling today. Even the pull back from the byline for the goal was a mistake as he really intended to cut inside as per usual. Seemed to lose confidence and failed to try to take on the full back. Can we sell him before Monday apparently the new Scots lad is a crackerjack.

The perceived wisdom is that Murphy plays better when starting, thus play JM from the start and give Redmond a kick up the R''s. He is not as good as he thinks he is.[/quote]

No, definately a cross.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 30/08/2014 11:13 PM:

I can only go by what I hear around me, but in that second half everyone around me was shouting abuse at him, it was horrible and I felt the level of moaning and groaning was unwarranted. If no one was groaning around you then its obviously not the whole ground, but it was everyone (virtually) around me and it sounds awful when that happens.

Sad to hear that, but not all around the ground as I say.

I don''t know where Miggins sits either ,, I am in the lower Barclay and I didn''t hear any groans .

Having said that ,, I think if we now have an alternative player ( the Scottish lad more likely ) or alternative formation with VOO in the team , then maybe it will give him a break , taking any of this perceived pressure off him .

Again as a personal observation ,, he is still a very unfinished article ,, unfair to critiscise too strongly ,, also wrong to be putting him on too high a pedestal by others , his most valuable contribution that I she is that he occupies a couple of defenders, more than what he actually produces.

If he looked poor yesterday ,, it was more due to a very well organised Bournemouth defence,, nobody looked great .

Just shows how clueless a lot of our fans are.

Just because you pay for a ticket every week, it doesn''t make you an expert.

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]20 years old.

Hell of a talent and does all he can for norwich. Hasn''t once publicly talked about a return to the premier league despite the interest...also admitted 100% fault for the goal on twitter. Takes a lot to come out in the media and admit mistakes.

Another point, personally I think we looked worse when became off. He always attracts atleast 2 men to mark him and that gives freedom for other players, clearly not taken into account....[/quote]

Admitted 100% fault for goal? He said it was "lack of communication"; could he be blaming someone else?

People don''t seem to take into account that what Redmond does depends more often than not on what others do. In particular, if one of the other front players, or the full back, crowds his space, he has little alternative but to cut inside. If we want him to stay wide, run at the full back and put in crosses, then he needs to be given the ball early and space left clear ahead of him. Yesterday, Whittaker and Grabban got in his way too often IMO. So it often not Redmond taking the wrong option and cutting in; rather his team mates have left him with little option.

I thought his first half performance was excellent apart from the goal mistake, he seemed much more measured and thoughtful and didn''t just get his head down and run all the time, he dropped off in the second half and had to check inside a lot more, Eadie said this was because Whittaker kept overlapping him and cutting off his space, as he was a professional footballer and winger I''ll agree with him.

The most telling sign was Martin''s reaction when the goal went in, straight over to Nathan to congratulate him on the cross.

It seems to me that management have realised that he can skin anyone in this league down the wing, but his end product (the cross) needs work. Yesterday is the start of that hard work bearing fruit.

He is young, he will make mistakes, he will have quiet games, but we are in a league where he can spend a year refining his talents whilst playing competitive football every week, you can''t underestimate how much of an impact this can have on a young player''s development. Something he won''t get playing 10 games a season for the likes of Stoke!

We have great player in Redmond, we just need to realise that, at 20, he isn''t the finished article just yet.

Fans around me were definitely abusing him and its out of order. Second half he cut inside shot and it went over, he got abuse.

Murphy did exactly the same thing when he came on and he got a round of applause for smashing it high and wide!!

Absolute idiots, the kid is 20, he''s not going to hit the target or make the right decision every time. If he did he wouldn''t be playing for us!!!

As for the Murphy love, yes he did well in the cup, but yesterday he did nothing when he came on.

Let them both push each other to develop this season and we need to accept they will not always do the right thing. They''re kids at the end of the day

Exactly.

Someone behind me was talking about how much better Murphy did. Yet all he did was stuff Redmond gets criticised for.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 31/08/2014 8:16 AM:

Sad to hear that, but not all around the ground as I say.

-----------------------------

no thats why I corrected myself and said everyone around me, which still makes up a few thousand people abusing the poor boy, so no need for the angry face, i should tell you to read the post again, but I know that doesn''t work.

Lol the angry face was not intended but once it''s there it can''t be removed. Calm down and please stop being so sensitive. Where I sit he wasn''t being abused, that''s all, it''s just a coment and hopefully gives a wider picture of what''s happening in the stadium.

It does, i''d hate if the guy is having his confidence drained by the supporters, especially the type of player he is, when everyone around you is shouting abuse, it seems as if its the whole ground because thats all you can hear.

[quote user="GJP"]Exactly.

Someone behind me was talking about how much better Murphy did. Yet all he did was stuff Redmond gets criticised for.[/quote]Agree entirely. I posted on here how good Murphy was on Tuesday but he struggled to make an impact against Bournemouth''s defence yesterday even when they were tiring. Redmond is certainly the better of the two at the moment. For me the question is whether you want to be playing Lafferty out wide to accommodate Wes Hoolahan or switch to a more traditional 4-4-2, move the aerial threat into the centre of the park with Grabban and Lafferty/Jerome up front and play both Redmond and Murphy on the wings. I think that is a viable option for us right now.As we saw with Wes playing a role as a bastardised right winger yesterday Adams seems too reluctant to take him off at times and I think that may end up costing us points.

Norwich fans love a scapegoat and it would appear that Redmond is the lastest candidate. I would rather we keep him than sell him. There is a little group on here (some whom I suspect are Binner agitators) who love nothing better than to have an unconstructive moan at the club, one by one their subjects are being shut down (Adams out after the Wolves defeat, Grabban is not a good signing, we would rather be Ippo and have MM as manager blah blah blah!!), it would appear this little group of twits have turned their sights on Redmond, the OP appears to know that Redmond did not mean to cross the ball, you eally could not make it up!!.......

Redmond seems to get alot of criticism everytime he does something even slightly wrong. When Murphy came on he did quite a few things that I believe Redmond would''ve received far more criticism for if he had attempted.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I can only go by what I hear around me, but in that second half everyone around me was shouting abuse at him, it was horrible and I felt the level of moaning and groaning was unwarranted. If no one was groaning around you then its obviously not the whole ground, but it was everyone (virtually) around me and it sounds awful when that happens.[/quote]

To be fair a lot of people around me were booing when he got taken off, and were pretty annoyed with Adams that he chose to take him off rather than Hoolahan. It''s ridiculous that anyone should groan and shout abuse at a certain player whenever he gets the ball, but it certainly wasn''t the whole ground.

I didn''t think Redmond was great overall yesterday, but in flashes, for example our goal, he did show what he could do. I think it was wrong to take him off yesterday, I would''ve taken Hoolahan off instead.

[quote user="pete"]I have read all the posts since the game ended after eventually getting home. Apparently I seem to be the only one posting that Redmond was apalling today. Even the pull back from the byline for the goal was a mistake as he really intended to cut inside as per usual. Seemed to lose confidence and failed to try to take on the full back. Can we sell him before Monday apparently the new Scots lad is a crackerjack.

The perceived wisdom is that Murphy plays better when starting, thus play JM from the start and give Redmond a kick up the R''s. He is not as good as he thinks he is.[/quote]

I hope it is only you because other than not taking it past more players Redmond was superb in the first half, second half he went quiet as did the rest of the squad.

Tell me what your expecting from him? He''s a young lad only a year older than murphys and he''s better than them (agree murphys are closing in on him) sick of the Redmond slagging.