Sign in to follow this  
Robin Hood canary

Is it to late?

I totally agree . Whatever the strengths and weaknesses of each of these players ,, if they were to leave , it is not guaranteed that we can even get equal replacements through loans after the transfer window has closed .

We can always sell them in jan . If we haven''t needed them , or there is a pressing case to sell by then .

It is quite possible that deals for our guys have been all-but done and we have replacements lined up already (or in Redmond''s case, here already), but even if we lose a player or two without anyone coming in there is still the loan market.

[quote user="Robin Hood canary"]To sell hooper, Redmond etc we won''t have time to get in replacements. Regardless of the money we should now hold onto them until at least January?[/quote]

Three things:

1) We''ve already brought in 3 forwards and have Loza is coming through, so you could say we''ve already got our Hooper replacement a the club. Maybe even Redmond too with Mcgrandles coming in (though of course Pilks has gone).

2) The club will be planning around this... replacements will already be lined up.

3) We have the loan window in the Champs... so if Redmond does go and we can''t get in a replacement, then we''d likely be able to get a half decent winger on loan from the Premier League.

[quote user="Paulo_M"][quote user="Robin Hood canary"]To sell hooper, Redmond etc we won''t have time to get in replacements. Regardless of the money we should now hold onto them until at least January?[/quote]

Three things:

1) We''ve already brought in 3 forwards and have Loza is coming through, so you could say we''ve already got our Hooper replacement a the club. Maybe even Redmond too with Mcgrandles coming in (though of course Pilks has gone).

2) The club will be planning around this... replacements will already be lined up.

3) We have the loan window in the Champs... so if Redmond does go and we can''t get in a replacement, then we''d likely be able to get a half decent winger on loan from the Premier League.[/quote]

You seriously think that Loza is up to being a striker in the championship ??? Really ????

The suggestion that he can replace Hooper is ludicrous .

Like I already said in a post an hour ago ,,, we cannot be sure of finding a suitable replacement in the loan market ,,, keep what we have is the better answer ,, surely ?

[quote]

You seriously think that Loza is up to being a striker in the championship ??? Really ????

The suggestion that he can replace Hooper is ludicrous .

Like I already said in a post an hour ago ,,, we cannot be sure of finding a suitable replacement in the loan market ,,, keep what we have is the better answer ,, surely ?[/quote]

No, reread my post... I said we''ve brought in 3 forwards and also have Loza coming through (who we of course wasn''t an option last season).... so in that regard we have 4 new forwards and if Hooper left then that would only be 2 forwards out.

Maybe badly worded, but you could consider one of Grabban/Lafferty/Jerome/Loza as Hoopers replacement.

I also said "could say" as well... personally think we wouldn''t *need* to replace (far more important to fill other positions), but if Hooper went and we did replace then I wouldn''t say that was a bad thing (might be hard to keep all our strikers happy though!).

In terms of the "keep what we have is the better answer ,, surely" - well we have to be realistic... if Hooper wants to leave and other strikers are already proving their worth (i.e. it''s not like we are missing Hooper at the moment) then we can''t say no to a big bid.... our revenue has decreased quite a bit!! To use your word, it would be ludicrous for a Championship club to turn down say £10m for a player that will likely sit on the bench (and who also has shown he isn''t great in the formation we are currently playing).