Sign in to follow this  
pete

Playing 3 at the back

We are now playing with 3 at the back what with Garrido acting as a wing back. For their goal 30 seconds from the end of the first half Garrido was nearer the centre circle than the penalty area. He did this against Watford playing far forward so appears to be following the manager''s instructions.

If so it is a farcical position we should have been solid in those last few seconds. I trust this bizarre experiment will now cease. Olsson back next time lets stop this and have a back four that plays at the back.

The main problem we have is the way the midfield set up with lafferty, wes & Redmond almost central leaving both out "wing backs" exposed, have noticed this since pre season.

I think its great playing a 4 at the back which acts like a 3. Time and time again the play was switched to garrido who''s got a good cross on him but not a lot of pace; imagine it when olsson comes back and the link up play that can happen. Once we get used this way of playing and lose the ball, we won''t be so keen to feel as though we need to hack the opposition who might be on the break.

I think it''s good that we are finally seeing some adventure in our tactics and formation , I also think that certain personnel will suit particular formations better than others as mention with Ollson , we have some new players ( supposed to be pretty decent ) and Howson , Hooper, to fit in .

Having said all that ,, it still feels a little experimental , and I will feel less tense when we settle in a bit more !

I was there how would I know Garrido went walkabout you wouldn''t have seen him on the highlights he wasn''t in the picture. Solid apart from the goal what a ridiculous statement if it wasn''t for the goal we would have won.

Its not so much the defensive error but the timing going missing in the last minute before half time.