Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Grabban

What are peoples thoughts after 5 League Games?5 goals to his name. Scored in the Derby. Appears to run his socks off and comes back to help defend.Perhaps the only negative is he sometimes goes missing towards the end of the game?All in All though what a quality piece of business by Neil Adams for 3M?

A good player and one that doesn''t appear to lose his composure or panic under pressure - as shown by his reactions to the penalty rebound and the third goal against Blackburn.  Skilful, level headed and hard-working - and scores goals.  Quality.

He must be doing something right

talksport was talking about clubs being after him in January lol

Simple thing is he''s a goal scorer and that''s what you need at this level to see you out of this league. I don''t think he''s the most intelligent in terms of making runs and does go missing at times but he will work hard for the team and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time. Great business and a cracking championship striker who I believe will head the scoring charts this season

He''s been great for us, hit the ground running, scored in every game except the wolves one. The only thing i''d say is that he doesn''t attempt to flick it on if there''s a long ball to him, he just moves away from it. Also the thing that annoyed me was in the last 5 mins yesterday whits was caught out of position (who would''ve thought) up the pitch and Grabban followed the Bounemouth left winger who had the ball down the touchline which is what you want to see, however, he decided to stop running for some reason near the byline, letting them cut in and cross it. It could''ve easily have been a goal if Bournemout had any sort of quality. But anyway he was bought in as a goalscorer and we have a goalscorer.

Bargain for 3 mil is always smart to have targets during previous season and to deal done early in June.

Grabban is spot on I''m worried much about Lafferty who seems out of position and no goals in him imo.

So we are short of forwards must keep Hooper by January for sure

Didn''t think he was great yesterday. He was coming far too deep to get the ball and therefore wasn''t in the box when we got into a good crossing position. But you can''t argue with 5 goals from 4 games, and when you see the likes of Ulloa, McGoldrick and McCormack leaving for huge amounts of money, you have to say what a brilliant piece of business it was by Neil Adams to get him for £3m.

About 250x the striker Hooper is and for a hell of a lot cheaper. Luckily with him here we''ll never have to put up watching garbage like Hooper on the field.

Some one on here last week said he''s scoring goals but isn''t good enough wich made me laugh after seeing him bang in another goal yesterday.

He was quiet second half like the rest of the squad but he''s what we missed last season he was running back to get the ball at every opportunity great signing.

[quote user="jdawg32"]About 250x the striker Hooper is and for a hell of a lot cheaper. Luckily with him here we''ll never have to put up watching garbage like Hooper on the field.[/quote]Wipe the dribble from your lips, Hooper will be deadly if he plays in the Championship.Grabban has made a very impressive start to his career and I hope it continues.

I thought grabban had his best game yesterday. Looked much more lively off the ball and always a willing runner. Personally think hooper and grabban playing together would be awesome.

Lets he honest, did any of our forward players look decent last year? Tactics never flattered the forwards and he did well to score as many as he did considering. He needs the ball over the top or in the box to score goals and we never offered him that on a consistant level. Would score a shed load with the current service

He''s a goalscorer and he scores goals(unusual for us)so that''ll do for me even with the little niggly faults.

MacDougal came from West Ham who signed him from Manchester United who signed him from Bournemouth. But I get what your saying buddy and I''m glad those two other clubs never had the sense to sign Boyer to play with him.

Efan Ekoku was another goal scorer we signed from Bournemouth.

He is a finisher and a grafter, I don''t see him as a cultured striker or having plenty of class but a player who is most def doing the job, I think hooper is a better player, but grab ban has time to learn his touch looks like a 3 million quid player and not at the best level. But he can learn and improve if we go up then we will see how quickly he has learnt.